Homeschooling Writing Resources

Free Writing Resources for Homeschoolers

The below writing resources are great for homeschooling parents, educators, and students. Our writing contests, prompts, and other resources are a great way to further engage homeschooling students with writing and education outside of their daily curriculum. We also offer resources to help a parent start a homeschooling writing or blogging curriculum, and/or become involved in a local homeschooling organization. StageofLife.com is a grassroots literacy and writing initiative founded with the mission of getting teens interested in reading and writing and keeping that interest through all of their life stages. 

Teen Writing Contest

National Student Writing Contest

• Encourage your student to enter our free, national writing contest for homeschoolers.
  • Our national writing contests are a great way to engage your son or daughter in writing that challenges their perspective and encourages creativity.

Short Short Story writing contest on StageofLife.com and Twitter

Short Short Story Writing Contest

• Don't have time to write a full essay? Our Short Short Story contest offers a fun, challenging way to write.
  • The Short Short Story contest offers a great, quick writing activity – how creative can your student be in 127 characters?

Enter Teen Writing Contest

Enter Twitter Writing Contest on StageofLife.com

StageofLife.com's Word of the Day 

Word of the Day

• Check back daily for new vocabulary.
  • Feel free to use the Word of the Day as inspiration for a personal essay.
  • The Word of the Day can be used as a vocabulary building tool in your daily curriculum – challenge your students to use each day's word in a sentence or two.

Free classroom poster 

Free Poster for your Homeschooling Organization

• We will send a free 18'' x 12'' poster to any educator who requests one.
  • Help integrate StageofLife.com in your homeschooling organization's curriculum
  • NOTE: Must be registered on StageofLife.com and must include StageofLife.com username and organization address in the Contact Us form.
 StageofLife.com's word of the day
Get free writing poster for your classroom

Mentor Texts and Essay Examples 

Writing Prompts and Mentor Texts

• We provide thought-provoking writing prompts to get your student writing about real-world issues.
  • All writing prompts come from previous writing contests.
  • Mentor texts, past contest-winning essays, provide great examples of well-written essays for each prompt.

Books every teen should read

Books Every Student Should Read Before Graduation

• This list of books was compiled by StageofLife.com's VP of education, and it consists of thirteen books that every high-school student should read before graduating.
  • This list serves as a great reference when devising your student's reading list.
 Ideas for writing prompts
Books every teen should read

benefits and negatives of homeschooling 

Benefits and Negatives of Homeschooling

• Choosing how to school your child can be a tough decision for some parents. We've compiled a list of potential advantages and disadvantages your child may receive through homeschooling that could help you decide.
  • Feel free to Contact Us with more insight on the benefits of homeschooling.

Useful Websites for homeschoolers 

Useful Websites for Homeschool Educators

• These helpful websites range from homeschool curriculums to locating homeschooling organizations.
  • Feel free to Contact Us with more useful websites.
benefits and negatives of Homeschooling
Useful websites for homeschoolers

Library Resources on StageofLife.com 

Library Resources

• As a free literacy initiative, Stage of Life features blogs, articles, statistics, trends, resources and information about libraries

Student goal setting 

Goal Setting Worksheet

• Our Goal Setting Worksheet is a great way to help your student set goals, whether academic or personal.
  • Parents can use the Goal Setting Worksheet for personal and professional goals.
 Library Resources on StageofLife.com  Goal setting worksheet

StageofLife.com offers many other educational resources in addition to those listed above. View our main educational resources page to see a list of other free resources.
Return to Educational Resources page

Contact UsPlease check back often: these pages are regularly updated with new material and ideas.  Our door at Stage of Life is always open: if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, feel free to contact us!

Advertiser

Coupons for Life - 5% to 50% Off

As an educational writing initiative, StageofLife.com is fortunate to have the support of hundreds of brands who support this writing community and our literacy mission.  Because of that, you can save 5% to 50% off with Stage of Life's free My Life Rewards® program. 

Get discounts at Applebee's, Papa John's, Lenovo, AAMCO, and many more...

Applebee's gift card discountDiscount on pizza at PapaJohns.com from StageofLife.com Lenovo discount from StageofLife.com AAMCO auto discount from StageofLife.com