Stage of Life's Educational Consulting Projects or Guest Speaking Appearances

Educational consulting at StageofLife.com

Educational Consulting

StageofLife.com founders, Eric & Rebecca Thiegs, consult and guest speak regularly on educational topics ranging from teen blogging, blogging as a research process for term papers, getting writing outside of the classroom, teen trends and more.  Below is a short list of some of the educational conferences, partnerships, and consulting projects involving teen blogging, digital literacy, and other educational initiatives.

Educational Consulting Projects and Guest Speaking:

NCTE Convention logo NCTE Exhibitor: 
NCTE logoIn November 2013, StageofLife.com was an exhibitor at the NCTE (National Council of Teachers of English) annual convention in Boston.  Hundreds of Language Arts teachers stopped by the StageofLife.com booth to pick up a classroom poster feature our writing contests and talk with Stage of Life's VP of Education and Co-Founder, Rebecca Thiegs.

Junior Achivement of South Central PA Junior Achievement of South Central PA: 
StageofLife.com built a customized, educational blogging platform for Junior Achievement of South Central PA's BizTown program to help bridge the gap between traditional media formats (newspapers or newsletters) and new-media channels (blogs).

View National Press Release on JA Student News Blog

Download and view the education news blog project scope via PDF

StageofLife.com presents at PCTELA conference
PCTELA - Guest Speakers: 
In October 2012, Eric & Rebecca were session presenters at the 2012 annual conference for Pennsylvania Council of Teachers of English and Language Arts, "Voices of Literacy: A Celebration of Reading of Writing."  They presented a 60 minute session called "Expanding Digital Literacy Through Teen Blogging."

StageofLife.com presents at TECH.IT.U TECH.IT.U - Guest Speaker: 
In July 2012, StageofLife.com CEO, Eric Thiegs, presented to a group of 60+ educators about the trends in teen blogging at the 2012 TECH.IT.U Education Conference.

Blogging as a research tool presented by Rebecca Thiegs to CAWP Capital Area Writing Project - Guest Speaker and Trend Setting: 
In July 2012, As a newly recognized National Writing Project Teaching Fellow, StageofLife.com co-Founder, Rebecca Thiegs, presented her "Be the Change" Research Project to The Capital Area Writing Project group in the summer of 2012.  She outlined the process for how high school teachers can embrace blogging as a replacement or supplement to traditional research methods.  The results of doing so have students producing higher quality term papers and research assignments with deeper analysis presented in a more creative voice.

StageofLife.com as guest speaker for Lancaster Museum of Art teen writing session

StageofLife.com as guest speaker at Lancaster Public Library on teen writing
Lancaster Museum of Art & Lancaster Public Library - Featured Presenter: 
In March 2012, As part of the regional competition for the national Scholastic Art & Writing Awards, Stage of Life's CEO, Eric Thiegs, was the featured presenter and led a two-hour session on the topic of collaboration between teen writers and teen artists.  The event was sponsored in partnership with the Lancaster Museum of Art and the Lancaster Public Library.

StageofLife.com CEO, Eric Thiegs, at PETE&C PETE&C Participation: 
In February 2012, StageofLife.com participated in PETE&C (The Pennsylvania Educational Technology Expo and Conference) to share its teen blogging educational resources with school district administrators and IT professionals.

StageofLife.com teen essays on Mint Education Mint.com Education Blog: 
StageofLife.com worked collaboratively with Mint.com, the financial literacy and resource company, to provide essays from Stage of Life teen bloggers sharing how teens feel about money.

ABC TV's LiveWell Network: 
StageofLife.com and its teen blogging emphasis is featured on TV program, "Mary Talks Money"

If you'd like to talk with Stage of Life about the opportunity of having either Eric or Rebecca (or both) speak, present or consult with your educational organization, please Contact Us