Top 10 Ways to Promote Your Blog...

1. Blog Appearance

As a writer, the content is most important to you. As readers, the visual appeal takes precedent. Make sure you include pictures, even if it isn’t of you. Also, spice up your words. If you want a statement to stand out, make it bold. If you to change the voice of the article, throw in italics.

2. Make use of the big blogging sites

Unless you are super tech savvy, and can create a beautiful site with your own background and header, use a "blogger's" site. There are many available, such as wordpress, blogger, stage of life and joomla. The best part about being a part of one of these sites? Automatic exposure to anyone who might come across the site.  Some offer pre-made backgrounds and headers, and you can personalize it to your heart's content, while others boast a large community of bloggers who will read your essays.

3. SEO

SEO stands for "Search Engine Optimization."  To get the best results out of search engines, keep your blog relevant. With continuous updates to the internet, readers have access to immediate information specific to their needs. Make sure your content is aimed towards your audience, so that these readers can find your blog easier, and more effectively.

4. Building Links Back

Building back links are essential to search engines and a higher page rank.  Search engines determine your website or blog's relevance based on the number of links on the web there are linking back to it.  Building link activity is as easy as writing guest blogs, bookmarking, or social networking.

5. Public Relations

You may not think your blog is worthy of this much acknowledgment, but press releases and article submissions increase back links. It also helps get your name, and your blog’s name out there.

6. Twitter

When Twitter first came on the Social Media scene, it was viewed as a way to hear thoughts from celebrities (in 140 characters or less). Now, though, many social media users are heading to Twitter for fast and useful information. Be creative with tweets, and add keywords and links to your site. Grow with more followers by re-tweeting helpful posts.

7. Facebook

Facebook is the largest social networking site available. Billions of users interact on the site daily. Support your blog through your personal site by linking every time you have a new post. Also, create a page for your blog that people can “like”.  Add updates on your Facebook page that might not be seen anywhere else.

8. Online Blogging Community

Stage of Life fits in perfectly here. If you create a Stage of Life blogger account, you can link your personal website to it. With all the traffic Stage of Life gets, readers of your blogs on there will be intrigued to hear more from you on your personal blog.  There are other online communities too...explore them and find a few that you can start guest posting on.

9. Commenting on other blogs

Don’t look at other blogs as your competition. Everyone brings different things to the table. Look around for useful blogs that you would consider reading on a daily basis, and also blogs that relate to the type of audience you are trying to attract. Write creative and well-thought out comments so that readers and the blog owner will give your blog a look through.

10. Guest Blogging
There are many other bloggers out there with blogs getting plenty of exposure. Take advantage of that. If you are going away on a technology free vacation, ask a different person to write a guest blog each day. They will most likely link your blog back to their site, and also keep you in mind for a guest blog. Your site will gain more exposure and followers.

Contact UsAre we missing any tips? 

Send us a note on what's worked for you in promoting your blog, and we'll add to our list!

Blogging Resources

Blog starting tips

5 Tips to Start Your Blog

Tips for Promoting Your Blog

Top 10 Ways to Promote Your Blog

Tips for beginner bloggers

10 Tips for Avoiding Beginner Blog Mistakes

Blog Directory - add your blog link

Stage of Life Blog Directory

Promote your blog on StageofLife.com

Using StageofLife.com to Promote Your Blog

Statistics about Blogging

Quotes about Blogging

Cartoons about Blogging

Become a Featured Blogger on StageofLife.com

Become a Featured Blogger

• Anyone can write an essay and submit to StageofLife.com.  That's part of its magic.
        • However, we do find that some members become addicted and/or enjoy writing more than others.
        • If you have a lot to say and you find yourself wanting to help our mission of changing the word through stories and blogging, please learn more about becoming one of our Featured Bloggers
        • Featured bloggers receive additional placements on the website and inside updates from our CEO and staff

Health effects of writing

Health and Blogging

Recommended Blog Directories

Recommended Blog Directories

Outside of sharing your blog here on StageofLife.com (either in a blog post on Stage of Life or by listing your blog URL in your Stage of Life profile page), we've had the chance to review quite a few other blog directories out there.  Here are the blog directories we recommend if you're looking for more exposure for your blog...

Contact Us Our door at Stage of Life is always open: if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, feel free to contact us!

NOTE:  StageofLife.com is a free, non-partisan, grassroots, global blogging community.  The site does not endorse any particular religion, political party, or social cause.  Because of this, you will find a variety of viewpoints submitted by the Stage of Life blogging community consisting of students, parents, educators, Baby Boomers, singles, newlyweds, homeowners, and many others.  Our mission is to positively change the world, one story at a time, by becoming the world's largest collection of multi-generational stories, essays and blogs.  We thank the thousands of writers and bloggers participating here at StageofLife.com.