Statistics about Blogging

Blogging Statistics from 2012

• The concept of blogging began in the 1990’s as an online journal where people share their thoughts, ideas, stories, hobbies and experiences.
  • Blogging evolved from its conception into a major publishing business in 2012.  Sale of the blog The Huffington Post for $300 million dollars was a landmark for the blogging community.
  • Blogs are considered an important part of a company’s participation on the Internet. In the U.S. 60% of businesses have a company blog.
  • Social media supports and accelerates the sharing of blog posts.  At one time there wa s co ncern that Facebook, Twitter and other social media may cause blogging to cease.
  • It is estimated there are 31 million bloggers in the USA.  Of 1000 polled 60% were male and 40% female.
  • The top blogging sites were Wordpress and Blogger.
  • The largest blogging site, Wordpress, has over 42 million blogs, 25 billion page views a month and 400,000 daily comments from readers.
  • Blog sites and social media reach 80% of all U.S. internet users and accounts for 23% of all time spent online.

Statistics about Blogging

Have more statistics about blogging we should add to this list?  Contact Us...

Contact StageofLife.com with more blogging tips

Check out the other blogging resources on StageofLife.com below...

Blogging Resources

Blog starting tips

5 Tips to Start Your Blog

Tips for Promoting Your Blog

Top 10 Ways to Promote Your Blog

Tips for beginner bloggers

10 Tips for Avoiding Beginner Blog Mistakes

Blog Directory - add your blog link

Stage of Life Blog Directory

Promote your blog on StageofLife.com

Using StageofLife.com to Promote Your Blog

Statistics about Blogging

Quotes about Blogging

Cartoons about Blogging

Become a Featured Blogger on StageofLife.com

Become a Featured Blogger

• Anyone can write an essay and submit to StageofLife.com.  That's part of its magic.
        • However, we do find that some members become addicted and/or enjoy writing more than others.
        • If you have a lot to say and you find yourself wanting to help our mission of changing the word through stories and blogging, please learn more about becoming one of our Featured Bloggers
        • Featured bloggers receive additional placements on the website and inside updates from our CEO and staff

Health effects of writing

Health and Blogging

Recommended Blog Directories

Recommended Blog Directories

Outside of sharing your blog here on StageofLife.com (either in a blog post on Stage of Life or by listing your blog URL in your Stage of Life profile page), we've had the chance to review quite a few other blog directories out there.  Here are the blog directories we recommend if you're looking for more exposure for your blog...

Contact Us Our door at Stage of Life is always open: if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, feel free to contact us!

NOTE:  StageofLife.com is a free, non-partisan, grassroots, global blogging community.  The site does not endorse any particular religion, political party, or social cause.  Because of this, you will find a variety of viewpoints submitted by the Stage of Life blogging community consisting of students, parents, educators, Baby Boomers, singles, newlyweds, homeowners, and many others.  Our mission is to positively change the world, one story at a time, by becoming the world's largest collection of multi-generational stories, essays and blogs.  We thank the thousands of writers and bloggers participating here at StageofLife.com.