Blogger Resources - Feature Article
5 Tips to Start Your Blog
by Pattie Crider, StageofLife.com Featured Blogger
1. Surf the Internet to find a website where you will want your blog. There are more blogging sites on the Internet than can be possibly named. If having your own blog domain is not your goal, a blogging community, such as Stage of Life, is an excellent place to start. It is free, easy to register and always has great prizes for winners of their numerous writing contests.
2. Browse blogging sites and read what people are writing. Blogging is open to any topic and if having readers follow what you write is not a priority, no worries. If you do want to gain a following of readers, subscribers, fans and haters; write about current topics and give your own thoughts and opinions. A following will magically develop based on what you write and how available you make it on the Internet.
3. Pay attention to how the writers have their blog site formatted. Thousands of templates can be found to format your own website. Don’t underestimate simplistic templates as the flashier ones are distracting to readers. Colorful solids high-light your blog content while abstract, multiple colors and photos clutter your blog.
4. Write on paper, five to ten words that would represent the categories on your blog. These categories should be able to contain many topics. On a personal blog site, posts are tagged, making each post unique within the assigned category. If posting on a community blog site, choose one category that you fall into when submitting a story. A community such as Stage of Life lists ten categories where anyone writing will be part of at least one.
5. Register on the blogging site of your choice. Set aside any fears you might still have about writing your first post. Nearly every blogger starts their first post announcing it as their first post. There is no shame to start with that announcement, so run with it. Millions of bloggers started exactly where you are right now: having made the decision to write and share your thoughts and ideas with the world.
Still need ideas to blog about? Check out these helpful blog sites & writing prompts:
Blogging Sites to Start a Blog:
Have more tips for starting a blog we should add to this list? Contact Us...
Check out the other blogging resources on StageofLife.com below...
Our door at Stage of Life is always open: if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, feel free to contact us!
NOTE: StageofLife.com is a free, non-partisan, grassroots, global blogging community. The site does not endorse any particular religion, political party, or social cause. Because of this, you will find a variety of viewpoints submitted by the Stage of Life blogging community consisting of students, parents, educators, Baby Boomers, singles, newlyweds, homeowners, and many others. Our mission is to positively change the world, one story at a time, by becoming the world's largest collection of multi-generational stories, essays and blogs. We thank the thousands of writers and bloggers participating here at StageofLife.com.
© Copyright 2008-2016 by Stage of Life LLC