Quotes about Weddings

Quotes about Weddings and Engagements

Quotes about Weddings

Stage of Life Editors are always searching for the best quotes about weddings and engagements.  Some of these quotations may be touching...others humorous. Scroll down to read our favorite quotes about weddings, brides, grooms, and all things matrimony.

Suggest a Quote about Getting Married

If you have a wedding quote to share, Contact Us along with the source so we can add it here on our Wedding Quote page.

Our Favorite Wedding Quotes

Quotes about weddings, brides, grooms, and getting married...

Quotes about Weddings

"Weddings are never about the bride and groom, weddings are public platforms for dysfunctional families.”

Lisa Kleypas

Quotes about Weddings

"He stole my heart . . . So, I stole his last name.”

Erika Thornhill

Quotes about Weddings

“The groom always smiles proudly because he’s convinced he’s accomplished something quite wonderful. The bride smiles because she’s been able to convince him of it.”

Judith McNaught

Wedding Quote

"The more you invest in a marriage, the more valuable it becomes."

Amy Grant

Wedding Quote

"Everyone who plants a seed and harvests the crop, celebrates together. We are individuals, but accomplish more together. Remember - marriage is not a contest - never keep score. God has put the two of you together on the same team to win!"

Herbert and Zelmyra Fisher

(Married 87 years)

Wedding Quote

"The roses, the lovely notes, the dining and dancing are all welcome and splendid. But when the Godiva is gone, the gift of real love is having someone who'll go the distance with you. Someone who, when the wedding day limo breaks down, is willing to share a seat on the bus."

Oprah Winfrey

Wedding Quote

"Love: noun. a terrible disease cured by marriage."

Unknown

Wedding Quote

"The music at a wedding procession always reminds me of the music of soldiers going into battle."

Heinrich Heine (1797 - 1856)

Wedding Quote

"The bottom line is that (a) people are never perfect, but love can be, (b) that is the one and only way that the mediocre and vile can be transformed, and (c) doing that makes it that. We waste time looking for the perfect lover, instead of creating the perfect love."

Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Wedding Quote

"Brides aren't happy - they are just triumphant."

John Barrymore (1882 - 1942)

Suggest a Wedding Quote

Have a quote about weddings, brides or grooms to share with us?  Include the source and...

Send it here.  Our editors will verify the information.