Quotes about Retirement and Empty Nest

Quotes abou Baby BoomersQuotes about Baby Boomers, Retirement, and Empty Nest

We have quotes about Baby Boomers, empty nest, and retirement.  Some of the quotes are funny.  Some inspirational.  Most of the quotes come from famous people.  But all will make you stop and think.

Quotes about RetirementWe are currently entering an era when aging Baby Boomers are reaching retirement in record numbers.  What a better time to ponder the past!  For many Boomers, the 60's represented a time of unrest, and a dream for universal love, change and everlasting peace.  These ideals were widely supported by the artists and musicians of that time and were ideals featured in their writings and songs... and as well, in their quotes.

If you have a quote to share about Baby Boomers, Empty Nesters, or Retirees, Contact Us so we can share it here on the Retirement and Baby Boomer Quote page.

Our Favorite Quotes about Boomers, Retirement and Empty Nest

Quotes for Baby Boomers

NOTE:  Scroll further down this page to find the quotes about Retirement and Empty Nest

Quotes about Retirement

"And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."

Abraham Lincoln

Quotes about Baby Boomers

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Quotes about Baby Boomers  

"Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has to be us."

Jerry Garcia

Quotes about Baby Boomers  

"It was a wonderful time to be young. The 1960s didn't end until about 1976. We all believed in Make Love, Not War. We were idealistic innocents, despite the drugs and sex." 

Margot Kidder

Quotes about Baby Boomers  

"I believe the key to happiness is: someone to love, something to do, and something to look forward to."  

Elvis Presley

Quotes about Baby Boomers  

"The thing the sixties did was to show us the possibilities and the responsibility that we all had. It wasn't the answer. It just gave us a glimpse of the possibility." 

John Lennon

Quotes about Baby Boomers  

“Through literacy you can begin to see the universe. Through music you can reach anybody. Between the two there is you, unstoppable.” 

Grace Slick

Quotes about Baby Boomers

“People don't want other people to get high, because if you get high, you might see the falsity of the fabric of the society we live in."

Ken Kesey

Quotes about Baby Boomers  

“Great things are not accomplished by those who yield to trends and fads and popular opinion.” 

Jack Kerouac

Quotes for Baby Boomers  

“Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you. "

Walt Whitman

Quotes for Baby Boomers  

"They'll talk to ya and talk to ya and talk to ya about individual freedom. But they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." 

Easy Rider

Famous lines and quotes about retirement and empty nest...

Quotes about Retirement

"Musicians don't retire; they stop when there's no more music in them."

Louis Armstrong

Quotes about Retirement
Why retire from something if you're loving it so much and enjoying it so much...Why would I think of retiring? What would I do with myself?

Betty White

Retirement and Empty Nest Quote

"A retired husband is often a wife's full-time job."

Ella Harris

Retirement and Empty Nest Quote Don't simply retire from something; have something to retire to.

Harry Emerson Fosdick 

Retirement and Empty Nest Quote  

"Human beings are the only creatures on earth that allow their children to come back home."

Bill Cosby

Retirement and Empty Nest Quote  "A person can stand almost anything except a succession of ordinary days."

Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Retirement and Empty Nest Quote

"Retirement at sixty-five is ridiculous. When I was sixty-five I still had pimples."

George Burns (1896 - 1996)

Retirement and Empty Nest Quote

"Leaving home in a sense involves a kind of second birth in which we give birth to ourselves."

Robert Neelly Bellah

Retirement and Empty Nest Quote

"You see much more of your children after they leave home."

Lucille Ball

Retirement and Empty Nest Quote

"When mothers talk about the depression of the empty nest, they're not mourning the passing of all those wet towels on the floor, or the music that numbs your teeth, or even the bottle of capless shampoo dribbling down the shower drain. They're upset because they've gone from supervisor of a child's life to a spectator. It's like being the vice president of the United States."

Erma Bombeck

Retirement and Empty Nest Quote

"The greatest gifts you can give your children are the roots of responsibility and the wings of independence."

Denis Waitly

Retirement and Empty Nest Quote

"Never lose sight of this important truth, that no one can be truly great until he has gained a knowledge of himself, a knowledge which can only be acquired by occasional retirement."

Johann Georg von Zimmermann

Retirement and Empty Nest Quote

"Retirement kills more people than hard work ever did."

Malcolm S. Forbes

Retirement and Empty Nest Quote

"Though it sounds absurd, it is true to say I felt younger at sixty than I felt at twenty."

Ellen Glasgow (1873 - 1945), The Woman Within, 1954

Retirement and Empty Nest Quote

"I have a problem about being nearly sixty: I keep waking up in the morning and thinking I'm thirty-one."

Elizabeth Janeway, Between Myth and Morning, 1974

Retirement and Empty Nest Quote

"A man of sixty has spent twenty years in bed and over three years in eating."

Arnold Bennett

Retirement and Empty Nest Quote

"I have enjoyed greatly the second blooming that comes when you finish the life of the emotions and of personal relations; and suddenly find - at the age of fifty, say - that a whole new life has opened before you, filled with things you can think about, study, or read about...It is as if a fresh sap of ideas and thoughts was rising in you."

Agatha Christie (1890 - 1976), An Autobiography, 1977

Retirement and Empty Nest Quote

"The aging process has you firmly in its grasp if you never get the urge to throw a snowball."

Doug Larson

Retirement and Empty Nest Quote

"I think on-stage nudity is disgusting, shameful and damaging to all things American. But if I were 22 with a great body, it would be artistic, tasteful, patriotic and a progressive religious experience."

Shelley Winters (1922 - 2006)

Retirement and Empty Nest Quote

"Always be nice to your children because they are the ones who will choose your rest home."

Phyllis Diller

Suggest a Quote about Baby Boomers, Retirement or Empty Nest

Have a quote about Baby Boomers, empty nest or retirement to share with us?  Include the source and...

Send it here.  Our editors will verify the information.

Advertiser

Coupons for Life - 5% to 50% Off

As an educational writing initiative, StageofLife.com is fortunate to have the support of hundreds of brands who support this writing community and our literacy mission.  Because of that, you can save 5% to 50% off with Stage of Life's free My Life Rewards® program. 

Get discounts at Applebee's, Papa John's, Lenovo, AAMCO, and many more...

Applebee's gift card discountDiscount on pizza at PapaJohns.com from StageofLife.com Lenovo discount from StageofLife.com AAMCO auto discount from StageofLife.com