Quotes about Parenthood

Quotes about Parenthood and Raising a Family

Quotes about Parenthood

Are you raising a family?  Do you have kids?  Well, we think you'll enjoy the quotes we've pulled together.  Stage of Life Editors have selected the best quotes about parenthood and raising a family.  Some of the quotes are funny and others are touching...but all deal with parenthood and families.

Suggest a Quote about Parenthood

If you have a parenthood quote to share, Contact Us along with the source so we can share it here on the Parenthood and Raising a Family Quote page.

Our Favorite Quotes about Parenthood

Famous, funny and inspirational quotes about raising a family, children and parenthood:

Inspirational quotes about Parenthood
“Embrace your beautiful mess of a life with your child. No matter how hard it gets, do not disengage... Do something—anything—to connect with and guide your child today. Parenting is an adventure of the greatest significance. It is your legacy."

Andy Kerckhoff
Critical Connection:  A Practical Guide to Parent Young Teens

Inspirational quotes about being a parent

“Parents can only give good advice or put them on the right paths, but the final forming of a person's character lies in their own hands."

Anne Frank

Inspirational quotes about parenting
“Your children are not your children.
They are sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself.
They come through you but not from you.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you."

Kahlil Gibran

“Your kids require you most of all to love them for who they are, not to spend your whole time trying to correct them."

Bill Ayres

Inspirational quotes about Parenthood

“The decision to become a parent is to decide to forever have your heart walking around outside of your body."

Anonymous

Quotes about Parenthood

“If you have never been hated by your child, you have never been a parent.”

Bette Davis

Quotes about Parenthood
“The natural state of motherhood is unselfishness. When you become a mother, you are no longer the center of your own universe. You relinquish that position to your children.”

Jessica Lange

Quotes about Parenthood
"If the new American father feels bewildered and even defeated, let him take comfort from the fact that whatever he does in any fathering situation has a fifty percent chance of being right."

Bill Cosby

Raising a Family Quote "Insanity is hereditary; you get it from your children."

Sam Levenson

Raising a Family Quote

"A family is a unit composed not only of children but of men, women, an occasional animal, and the common cold."

Ogden Nash (1902 - 1971)

Raising a Family Quote  “Parents are so busy with the physical rearing of children that they miss the glory of parenthood, just as the grandeur of the trees is lost when raking leaves.”

Marcelene Cox

Raising a Family Quote

"Mothers of teenagers know why some animals eat their young"

Unknown

Raising a Family Quote

"There is no such thing as 'fun for the whole family.'"

Jerry Seinfeld

Raising a Family Quote

"If you ever start feeling like you have the goofiest, craziest, most dysfunctional family in the world, all you have to do is go to a state fair. Because five minutes at the fair, you'll be going, 'you know, we're alright. We are dang near royalty.'"

Jeff Foxworthy

Raising a Family Quote

"The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been found."

Calvin Trillin

Raising a Family Quote

"Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city."

George Burns (1896 - 1996)

Raising a Family Quote

"Let us make one point, that we meet each other with a smile, when it is difficult to smile. Smile at each other, make time for each other in your family."

Mother Teresa (1910 - 1997), in her Nobel lecture

Raising a Family Quote

"Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one."

Jane Howard, Families

Raising a Family Quote

"Many men can make a fortune but very few can build a family."

J. S. Bryan

Raising a Family Quote

"Heirlooms we don't have in our family. But stories we've got."

Rose Cherin

Raising a Family Quote

"The family is the country of the heart."

Giuseppe Mazzini (1805 - 1872)

Raising a Family Quote

"The act of nutrition is not a purely physiological event... The family meal is a formality that cultivates in us... a capacity for sharing, generosity, thoughtfulness, a talent for civilized conversation."

Francine Du Plessix Gray

Raising a Family Quote

"The thing that impresses me the most about America is the way parents obey their children."

King Edward VIII (1894 - 1972)

Raising a Family Quote

"When I was kidnapped, my parents snapped into action. They rented out my room."

Woody Allen

Raising a Family Quote

"The first half of our lives is ruined by our parents, and the second half by our children."

Clarence Darrow (1857 - 1938)

Raising a Family Quote

"We are the people our parents warned us about."

Jimmy Buffett

Quotes about Parenthood

"When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them."

Rodney Dangerfield (1921 - 2004)

Suggest a Quote about Parenthood

Have a funny quote about parenthood or raising a family to share with us?  Include the source and...

Send it here.  Our editors will verify the information.