Quotes for Singles

Quotes about being singleQuotes about Being Single

At StageofLife.com, we have single people sharing their personal stories about life, dating, and the joys and challenges of being single.  Some of our featured single writers and regular readers have submitted fun quotes about being single for us to share.  See below for funny and inspirational quotes about the single life.

Do you have a "being singles quote" to share?  If you know some good quotes about being single, please Contact Us.  When you submit the quotation, please include the source or famous person who said it.  We'll add it here to our Quotes about Being Single page.

Comment below – Share your thoughts and suggestions in our comment box.

Read Quotes About Being Single...

Famous lines and quotations about being single

Thanks to all of our StageofLife.com writers, bloggers, and readers who send us these quotes about singles...

Quotes about Being Single
“It is good to be lonely, for being alone is not easy. The fact that something is difficult must be one more reason to do it."

--Rilke

Quotes about Being Single
“I think it's very healthy to spend time alone. You need to know how to be alone and not defined by another person."

--Oscar Wilde

Quotes about Being Single
“I've been single for awhile and I have to say, it's going very well.  Like...it's working out. I think I'm the one."

--Emily Heller

Quotes about Being Single
“If we seek paradise outside ourselves, we cannot have paradise in our hearts.”

--Thomas Merton

Quotes about Being Single
“Why is it that people think staying in a bad relationship is better than being single? Don't they know that being single is the first step to finding a great relationship?”

--Jennifer O'Neill

Quotes about Being Single “Too many women throw themselves into romance because they're afraid of being single, then start making compromises and losing their identity.”

--Julie Delpy

Quotes about Being Single “It's when you're not looking for anything that something winds up coming along. It's about learning how to be just with yourself and that you don't need to be in a relationship. You don't need anyone to fulfill you.”

--Hayden Panettiere

Quotes about Being Single “When you are feeling sad and lonely because you are single, remember that there are a lot of people stuck in bad relationships who wish they could be in your shoes.”

--Pamela Cummins Psychic Wisdom on Love and Relationships

Quotes about Being Single “You're single not because you are not good enough for one, it's that you're too good for the wrong one.”

--Chris Burkmenn

Quotes about Being Single

Single is an opportunity to live life on your own terms and not apologize.”

--Mandy Hale

Quotes about Being Single

“I don’t like to be labeled as lonely just because I am alone.”

--Delta Burke

Quotes about Being Single

“A busy, vibrant, goal-oriented woman is so much more attractive than a woman who waits around for a man to validate her existence.”

--Mandy Hale

Quotes about Being Single

“Next time you hit a speed bump otherwise known as the age old question, “Why are you still single?” look ‘em in the eye and say: ‘Because I’m too fabulous to settle.”

–-Mandy Hale

Quotes about Being Single "Move out of your comfort zone. You can only grow if you are willing to feel awkward and uncomfortable when you try something new."

--Brian Tracy

Quotes about Being Single  “The trouble is not really in being alone, it's being lonely. One can be lonely in the midst of a crowd, don't you think?”

--Christine Feehan, Dark Prince

Quotes about Being Single  “I love being single. It's almost like being rich.”

--Sue Grafton

Quotes about Being Single

"I never found a companion that was so companionable as solitude."

--Henry David Thoreau

Being single quote  “Ever since college, I make friends. They get married. I lose friends.”

--Chuck Palahniuk

Being single quotes  "I like being single, I'm always there when I need me."

--Art Leo

Quotes about Being Single  “As a self described idealistic I never consider myself as single. I like to say that I’m in between romances at the moment.”

--Carl Henegan

Quotes about Being Single

"Being single used to mean that nobody wanted you. Now it means you're pretty sexy and you're taking your time deciding how you want your life to be and who you want to spend it with."

--Sex and the City

Quotes about Being Single

"About age 30 most women think about having children, most men think about dating them."

--Judy Carter

Quotes about Being Single

"I don't need a man to rectify my existence. The most profound relationship we'll ever have is the one with ourselves."

--Shirley MacLaine

Quotes about Being Single

"Maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed. Maybe they just need to run free till they find someone just as wild to run with them."

--Sex in the City

Quotes about Single People  

"Being single is getting over the illusion that there is somebody out there to complete you and taking charge of your own life."

--Omkar Phatakc

Quotations about Being Single

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. You are the guy who'll decide where to go."

--Dr. Seuss

Quotes about Living on Your Own

"To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance."

--Oscar Wilde

Being Single Quotes

"Sometimes you have to stand alone to prove that you can still stand."

--Anonymous

Quotes about Being Single

"Marriage is a great institution, but I'm not ready for an institution yet."

--Mae West (1892 - 1980)

Quotes about Being Single

"Rich bachelors should be heavily taxed. It is not fair that some men should be happier than others."

--Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)

Quotes about Being Single

"Marriage is the only adventure open to the cowardly."

--Voltaire (1694 - 1778)

Quotes about Being Single

"A bachelor never quite gets over the idea that he is a thing of beauty and a boy forever."

--Helen Rowland (1876 - 1950)

Quotes about Being Single

"I'm dating a woman now who, evidently, is unaware of it."

--Gary Shandling

Quotes about Being Single

"There's only one way to have a happy marriage and as soon as I learn what it is I'll get married again."

--Clint Eastwood

Quotes about Being Single

"Romance is dead. It was acquired in a hostile takeover by Hallmark and Disney, homogenized, and sold off piece by piece."

--Matt Groening, The Simpsons

Quotes about Being Single

"For a while we pondered whether to take a vacation or get a divorce. We decided that a trip to Bermuda is over in two weeks, but a divorce is something you always have."

--Woody Allen

Quotes about Being Single

"Women remember the first kiss, men remember the last."

--Unknown

Suggest a Quote about Being Single

Have a quote about being single or living on your own to share with us?

Send it here.

Your Quote Comments

What did you think about the being single quotes above?  Do you have a quotes to share?  Tell us now...