On My Own Must Visit Websites

Must Visit Websites for Living On My Own

How to Lose Weight Using Yoga

Yoga may not conjure up the same images of a calorie-burning, sweat-inducing workout as bootcamp workouts or cardio burn yoga routines.

But don’t be fooled by yoga’s deep breathing and sometimes-slow poses: Doctors and personal training experts say it can seriously trim and tone your body — and also work on your mind and spirit to help you get healthier overall and weight loss.

Go beyond the burn

Calories burned during yoga vary widely — from 180 to 360 per hour — depending on the type of yoga you practice. Try various forms of yoga including Vinyasa, Ashtanga, and Power Yoga to see which practice is efficient for you.

Yoga allows your body to flush out toxins and water weight in addition to improving flexibility and overall strength. 

Strike a (fat-burning) pose

Which yoga poses help trim the fat and burin the calories?

• Shoulder stand and fish pose: Both rouse the thyroid, helping to give your body a metabolism boost.
  • Valrasana (spinal twist), a lengthening child’s pose, and cobra pose: These twisting poses massage the abdomen, target internal organs and aid with optimal digestion.
  • The dogs: Downward-facing dog and upward-facing dog poses are particularly helpful in toning hips and thighs.

Ask your doctor before you begin, try a beginning yoga DVD before attending a class. Yoga expert Jill Miller's Yoga for Weight Loss Workout Kit is an amped-up routine designed specifically for burning more calories and fat while still getting the benefits of yoga.

Gaiam.com, Inc

Contributor:  This month's list was provided by Gaiam.com

Have a list or site to suggest?  Contact us