Quotes about Marriage

Quotes about Marriage and Newlyweds

Quotes about Marriage

Our Editors are always on the look out for the best quotes about marriage, newlyweds, and being married.  Some of the marriage quotes are funny...others are touching...and almost all carry some form of truth about marriage. 

Contact StageofLife.com with a Quote about Marriage

If you have a quote about getting married or marriage to share, Contact Us along with the source so we can share it here on our Married Quote page.

Our Favorite Quotes about Marriage

Famous lines and quotations about marriage and getting married:

Quotes about Marriage

“Being a good husband is like being a stand-up comic. You need 10 years before you can call yourself a beginner.”

Jerry Seinfeld

Quotes about Marriage

“Why does a woman work ten years to change a man, then complain he’s not the man she married?”

Barbara Streisand

Quotes about Marriage

“I think men who have a pierced ear are prepared for marriage. They’ve experienced pain and bought jewelry.”

Rita Rudner

Marriage Quote

"The more you invest in a marriage, the more valuable it becomes."

Amy Grant

Marriage Quote

"Everyone who plants a seed and harvests the crop, celebrates together. We are individuals, but accomplish more together. Remember - marriage is not a contest - never keep score. God has put the two of you together on the same team to win!"

Herbert and Zelmyra Fisher

(Married 87 years)

Marriage Quote

"A friend never defends a husband who gets his wife an electric skillet for her birthday."

Erma Bombeck (1927 - 1996)

Marriage Quote

"Love: noun. a terrible disease cured by marriage."

Unknown

Marriage Quote

"My marriage had its ups and downs like anyone's, but when it came down to it, I knew it was solid. I miss that sort of security, and that sort of connection with someone."

John Scalzi, Old Man's War, 2005

Marriage Quote

"In Hollywood a marriage is a success if it outlasts milk."

Rita Rudner

Marriage Quote

"A good marriage is one which allows for change and growth in the individuals and in the way they express their love."

Pearl Buck (1892 - 1973)

Marriage Quote

"All married couples should learn the art of battle as they should learn the art of making love. Good battle is objective and honest - never vicious or cruel. Good battle is healthy and constructive, and brings to a marriage the principle of equal partnership."

Ann Landers (1918 - 2002)

Marriage Quote

"A great marriage is not when the 'perfect couple' comes together. It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences."

Dave Meurer, "Daze of Our Wives"

Marriage Quote

"I pay very little regard...to what any young person says on the subject of marriage. If they profess a disinclination for it, I only set it down that they have not yet seen the right person."

Jane Austen (1775 - 1817), Mansfield Park

Marriage Quote

"I used to believe that marriage would diminish me, reduce my options. That you had to be someone less to live with someone else when, of course, you have to be someone more."

Candice Bergen

Marriage Quote

"Marriage is the alliance of two people, one of whom never remembers birthdays and the other never forgets them."

Ogden Nash (1902 - 1971)

Marriage Quote

"Intimacy is what makes a marriage, not a ceremony, not a piece of paper from the state."

Kathleen Norris

Marriage Quote

"A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person."

Mignon McLaughlin

Marriage Quote

"Marriage is not just spiritual communion, it is also remembering to take out the trash."

Dr. Joyce Brothers

Marriage Quote

"Last time I tried to make love to my wife nothing happened, so I said to her, 'What's the matter, you can't think of anybody either?'"

Rodney Dangerfield (1921 - 2004)

Marriage Quote

"Marriage. It's like a cultural hand-rail. It links folks to the past and guides them to the future."

Diane Frolov and Andrew Schneider,

Northern Exposure, Our Wedding, 1992

Suggest a Quote

Have a quote about marriage to share with us?  Include the source and...

Send it here.  Our editors will verify the information.