Married Without Kids Editor's Welcome: July 1st-15th, 2013

Marriage Myths

By Elle Lamboy, Married Without Kids Editor

I had to chuckle when I read this Huffington Post article about lies that wedding well-wishers tell brides and grooms- to-be about marriage.

Being very vocal about my wedding planning while I was going through that magical stage of life two and a half years ago, I received many bits of advice and, I must admit, most of them were as flowery and fairy tale-esque as this article depicts.

While I am very blessed to have a wonderful marriage, I have busted a couple of these myths.

My favorite has to be: "You won't have to worry about money anymore!"

I can honestly say that now that I am sharing my funds with another person, I have to focus on finances even more than I did in my single days. It’s not the 1900s…if women want the independence of working outside the home and purchasing things for themselves, we also need to help out with the household expenses and save for mutual retirement. R-E-S-P-E-C-T isn’t free! Whether you are contributing to your bank account by working or by watching your spending, married life doesn’t equal a financial free ride.

Gone are the days where every extra cent went to my Louboutin fund. Now, I have to consider saving for a family, hardwood floors, and putting wholesome food on the table!

What myth have you busted in your marriage? And don't forget to enter our Marriage Writing Contest!

Comment Posted By: thutrangctp
I accidentally read your article, it's very good
web
Posted By thutrangctp on 5/19/2020 7:04:01 AM
Comment Posted By: Virginia Gibson
I frequently take joy in finding a site that offers wonderful ideas as I like learning new stuff. Many times when I have been to this site I have appreciated the nice content on this page. A fantastic blog and i'll be back once more for further wonderful content… ksa phone number
Posted By Virginia Gibson on 3/21/2020 2:21:37 AM
Comment Posted By: Virginia Gibson
I would recommend my profile is important to me, I invite you to discuss this topic. اعلانات تويتر
Posted By Virginia Gibson on 3/18/2020 5:16:14 PM
Comment Posted By: peter85
The selection of a contact or non contact all kinds of sensor depends on your application. Although non contact technology seems advantages it is not possible to use non contact Nagano keiki Pressure sensor for each and every application. Some non contact abs speed sensor like laser and ultrasonic sensors may be dangerous. The advantage of non contact sensors are that there is no mechanical contact so there is no friction and the mazda 6 suction control valve does not wear out. Hence operating cycles are more. Non contact suction control valve are more costly compared to contact Speed Sensor. Operating temperature and frequency response of a contact Pressure Sensor is high. Some non contact sensors like ultrasonic sensors may have a blind range.Oxygen Sensor
Parking Sensors
BMW SERIES
MERCEDES BENZ SERIES
Posted By peter85 on 10/15/2019 2:41:07 AM
Comment Posted By: Akki12
Thanks for this post.
Posted By Akki12 on 6/11/2019 6:27:13 AM
Comment Posted By: meginst
Posted By meginst on 5/21/2019 2:05:26 AM
Comment Posted By: Commed
For all the girls here is the special post to keep yourself away from these false myths related to marriage. This girl is telling these experience by experiencing these itself and you can check besteassy for their students to manage their work. Be strong enough before your marriage.
Posted By Commed on 5/16/2019 3:38:03 AM
Comment Posted By: colllectively
Once a run has been completed, for example King of clubs down to Ace of clubs, play spider solitaire online free then the whole run will be removed from the table. Once the table is completely empty the game has been won.
Posted By colllectively on 10/16/2018 5:38:24 AM

You must be a registered user to add a comment.

Login or Register now

Return to Homepage