If you own a home, condo, or loft...

Must Visit Websites for Home Owners...you gotta check out these must visit websites and resources for home owners.

Stage of Life is constantly sourcing the best must-visit websites and resources for home owners, new movers and home builders.  Take a few moments and explore the web destinations recommended below. 

You may just find something inspiring.  And if you have a "Home Ownership" life resource to suggest, please let us know.

Contact Stage of Life with a Home Owner Resource Suggestion

Must Visit Websites for Home Owners

Don't Pay Full Price for Dinner

Discounts on Applebee's and IHOP Gift Cards

StageofLife.com's educational mission is supported by Applebee's and IHOP.  As part of this special partnership, the restaurant brands provide a discount on their gift cards to acknowledge our digital literacy mission and support financial savings for our online community. 

The next time you're going out to breakfast or dinner, pick up some gift cards from Applebee's and IHOP first...and save some money!

Discounts on Applebee's and IHOP

Applebee's gift card discount   IHOP gift card discount

Money Crashers
With the housing market struggling to recover, now is a great time to get a deal on a new home. However, homeownership can be a burden if you're not properly prepared. Money Crashers can help with you all aspects of buying, owning, and maintaining a home. Do you know which questions to ask when buying a home? Do you know how to winterize your home, or how to handle simple DIY repairs? And just what is private mortgage insurance? If you can invest the time and effort, owning a home is a rewarding experience, and Money Crashers can offer advice every step of the way.

MyMove

Need Help Moving?

MyMove.com has everything any homeowner or renter needs to make your new home feel like home, all under one roof. They have tools to help you plan and organize everything from contacting movers to scheduling an estimate with a home improvement contractor. If you are more of the do-it-yourself type, they have calculators and checklists will help keep your projects on time and under budget.

Print Universal Goal Setting Worksheet

Stage of Life Goal Setting

Print Free Goal Setting Worksheet

StageofLife.com:  We've created a free, universal goal setting worksheet for you.

Whether it's your New Year's Resolution or time for a fresh start, this 10-step worksheet will help get you thinking about the goals, possibilities and opportunities in your life, no matter what stage you may be in.  Our CEO and his wife have been using this approach to goal setting for over 11 years, and they hope you find the format simple yet thorough.

Click "View Website" to view and then print the PDF document.  And please feel free to share this goal setting activity with your friends and family.

Print Universal Goal Setting Worksheet

Mint.com

Free Financial Planner for Home Owners

Mint.com:  Discover the best FREE money management system you can use throughout your entire life.  Mint.com is a secure, online planner to help you organize and budget your finances while at the same time planinng for life's financial milestones whether it be buying a new house, paying off your mortgage or college debt, getting a new job, buying a new car, planning a big vacation, preparing for a new baby, looking ahead to retirement, saving for the family, etc. 

It takes about five to ten minutes to set up, and you can view all of your financial information in one place.  Money Magazine gives it a four-star rating and everyone from the New York Times to Good Morning America are raving about this free, simple, personal finance planner and money mangement tool. 

Stage of Life staff have tested it, use it and warmly recommend it.

Resources for Home Owners

Movers.com

Need a Moving Company?

Movers.com:  Are you moving?  Get free quotes from up to seven of the best movers in your area today. 

Movers.com is a source of free moving quotes on the web. They continually screen a roster of over 500 licensed and insured movers and safeguard your personal information so that you have the best relocation experience possible.  They've serviced over 750,000 customers.

Recommended Movers in My Area

ADT

Recommended Home Security System?

ADT.com:  Get a quote on home security service from ADT.  ADT is the #1 security company in America with trained professionals monitoring your home 24 hours a day, seven days a week. For more than 131 years, ADT has been the most respected name in the security business.

Recommended Home Security Service Company

Home Safety Council

How Do I Know If My Home Safe?

The Home Safety Council (HSC) is the only national nonprofit organization solely dedicated to preventing home related injuries that result in nearly 20,000 deaths and 21 million medical visits on average each year. Through national programs, partnerships and the support of volunteers, HSC educates people of all ages to be safer in and around their homes.

View Home Owner Resource

CalFinder.com

Get Free Estimates from Multiple Contractors

CalFinder.com is a nationwide resource service that helps connect homeowners to trusted, certified contractors for window replacement and home remodling projects.  You'll get free estimates from multiple contractors on your next home project.    

• Over 800 of America‚Äôs best contractors from which to choose
  • CalFinder personally reviews the last 10 jobs of every contractor admitted to their network
  • CalFinder follows up with you after your project to ensure you are satisfied

View Home Owner Resource

Stage of Life Feature Article

How Do I Find a Trustworthy Contractor - 13 Things to Consider Before Hiring a Contractor

Looking for a good and an honest contractor?  Stage of Life talked to a professional contractor and he gave us the inside scoop on what every home owner should know, ask or consider before hiring someone to work on your home improvement or remodeling project.  This is a must read check-list for every homeowner before undertaking a home remodel or improvement.

View Home Owner Resource