Teens and Fear

Teens and Fear Trend Report by StageofLife.comStageofLife.com Trend Report:  Teens Overcoming Fear

Every teenager or college students has fears.  Some are things you can touch, like snakes.  Some are situations you want to avoid, like public speaking or test taking.  Some come from childhood stories, like ghosts or monsters.  And some fears are things that unfortunately find us, like terrorism, natural disasters, or cancer.  

However, we can't live in the shadows of our fears everyday.  To do so would dishonor the act of living.  

This is page outlines the national teen trend report from StageofLife.com addressing the Teens and Overcoming Fear.  The data, survey results, trends, and essays were submitted by teens and college students during Stage of Life's March 2013 national poll and teen and college writing contest that asked...

"How have you applied the phrase 'No Fear' in your life?"  

Teens and Fear Trend Report Overview:
  • Teen Trend SummaryVISITS:  Over 5,700 teens and college students visited the StageofLife.com student poll and writing contest during the month's writing prompt (March 2013) from across the US (all 50 states).
  • TEENS and SURVEY DATA:  445 students completed the national survey sharing their fears. 
  • ESSAY THEMES:  Four Major Themes were revealed by teens in their "overcoming fear" essays. 
  • STUDENT ESSAYS:  Over 175 student bloggers submitted a qualifying essay to the Teens and Fear national writing contest answering the question, "When Have You Applied the Phrase 'No Fear' in Your Life?"  
  • ESSAY WINNER:  1 winner, 13 Runner's Up, and 20 Semi-Finalists were selected. 

Background:  We asked teens and college students to tell us a story about themselves, in 500 words or less, about how they tackled a fear, whether it was personal, situational, external, or other.  In the essay, we asked the students to consider including these pieces in a CREATIVE manner...

• Identify the fear
  • Describe how it was holding you back in life
  • Share what you specifically did to conquer it
  • And let us know how you're living differently now

Below are those essays and the data from the corresponding national poll about Teens and Fear...

PART I - TEENS AND FEAR STATISTICS - SURVEY RESULTS

Statistics about what teens fearBefore submitting their StageofLife.com writing contest essay, teens were asked to complete the Stage of Life monthly national survey about their fears.  Here are the statistics from the survey on what teens fear...
  • 33.7% of teens are afraid of test taking 
  • 51% of teens are afraid of talking to their parents about personal problems.  This number climbs to 54% for the percentage of teens who are afraid to talk to their teachers about personal problems.
  • 40% of teens are afraid of peer pressure or not fitting in with people at school
  • 30% of teens are afraid of being bullied or harassed at school or other groups/clubs to which they belong
  • 43.6% of teens are afraid of depression or suicide
  • 66% of teens are afraid of the future or life after graduation
  • 75.5% of teens are afraid of poor academic performance or not getting good grades
  • 56.4% of teens are afraid of money. For instance, worrying about how to pay for things
  • 54% of teens are afraid of having to audition or try-out in order to be a part of something Examples: Auditioning for a musical, trying out for a sport team, etc.
  • School Life stresses teens out more than home life (64.7% verses 35.3%)
Teens and Fear - Survey DataTo read the full national survey results and see the statistics on teenagers about their fears, click the PDF icon to save the free download.

VIDEO SUMMARY OF OUR TEENS & FEAR STATISTICS

PART II - TEENS & FEAR ESSAY THEMES

After taking the national Stage of Life teen survey, students submitted their "How Have I Applied the Phrase 'No Fear'" writing contest essays to StageofLife.com.  From the 175+ qualifying teen essay submissions, several themes and trends emerged about how students feel about fear:

Four Teen Themes and Trends from the No Fear Essays...
  1. Interaction: Most teens found that the only way to overcome a fear was to face it head on—by interacting with the fear. By swallowing any anxiety they had, most teens found that their fear “wasn’t so bad,” and they were able to move on from whatever was holding them back.
  2. Patience: Conquering a fear sometimes takes a lot of time and patience. These teens found that it’s not easy to get over a fear right away—sometimes it takes weeks, months, or even years. A few teens even admitted to not entirely being over their unique fears.
  3. Social Situations: The number one fear for this contest was Social Situations. These teens were afraid of being bullied, standing out, or speaking to someone they liked. Although not all teens overcame their shyness or stress, most were able to cope and learn from a bad situation.
  4. Face Your Fears: Nearly all teens agreed that facing your fears is an essential part of living. Fears hold you down and hold you back from trying new things that could, and would, make your life better. Even though it may seem scary or overwhelming at first, small steps to overcoming fear is the best way to go.

PART III - READ THE TEEN FEAR ESSAYS

Teens and Fear - Essays and Statistics on StageofLife.comImmediately below, you'll find links to the StageofLife.com winning essay, our runners-up, semi-finalists, and 175+ essays from college students and teenagers about their fears and how they overcame them.  The teens essays have been organized by fear type.

Please take a few moments to read an essay or two, especially our winners, runners-up, and finalists.

If you have the time, make a comment on the responses you enjoyed the most.  We know the student writers will love hearing your positive input (they'll get an email notifying them if you comment on their writing contest entry).

Stage of Life writing contest winnerTeen & College Essay Contest Winner:

11 Runners-Up (in no particular order):
StageofLife.com student essay writers - Runners Up
  1. No Fear: I was entirely alone in a new environment for the first time in my life by pahding (This introvert teen was scared to be alone)

2. No Fear: Cross a Different Street by adeliemelon (Give yourself a chance to start over)

3. No Fear: I have received the title, “A Foreign Exchange Student” by mayeesha (She traveled from her native Bangladesh to go to school in America)

4. No Fear: I couldn’t cross the street by kmac2017 (This teen was hit by a car while running)

5. No Fear: Agoraphobia by K.E. Nave (Going to school is a struggle for this teen)

6. No Fear: Failure will not bring the apocalypse by emsun (Failure is a way to move forward)

7. No Fear: A dramatization of my car ride to the Marine recruiting station by wiserhawk (This teen wanted to make something of his life)

8. No Fear: The National Spelling Bee by Evie (This teen psyched herself out of a great opportunity)

9. No Fear: Learning to Learn by ashilling13 (She was put in a “special” reading group)

10. No Fear: My Battle with Eating Disorders/Self-Esteem by Kamryn Bylsma (This teen struggled with a deadly eating disorder)

11. No Fear: My assumptions of scuba diving took a toll as I sank into the barren sea by michellek925 (Push yourself to do something scary for a new perspective)

StageofLife.com teen essay writers - Semi-Finalists20 Semi-Finalists (in no particular order):
  1. No Fear: This One is For Me by lookingforanswers (Make a future and happiness for yourself)
  2. No Fear: I couldn’t turn back, for there was nowhere to turn back to by NCpollyCA (This teen was nervous to journey by herself)

3. No Fear: Facing the Mindkiller of Ski Racing by Brown Cat (Her fear was paralyzing her before a race)

4. No Fear: I put my shyness aside and put my personal work out there for an application to an arts high school and I didn’t get in by CORINNErose (She feels like she didn’t put herself out there enough)

5. No Fear: I couldn’t speak to my scary, sarcastic English teacher by Catlooby (Teachers are guides, not monsters)
  6. No Fear: Good Grades, Good College, Good Job by kat.talerico (Your own happiness is the most important thing)

7. No Fear: Perfection in a Different Light by allyjo96 (Understanding is different than memorizing)

8. No Fear: For I Can Make It by RuzickaW (This teen struggles with wanting to be herself, but also be socially acceptable)

9. No Fear: An Inevitable Future by carinann (The future comes faster than we think/hope)

10. No Fear: My Fear Kept Me From My Passion by Kickadee (She lost her riding confidence)

11. No Fear: Resuscitating My Love of Reading by madgirl1117 (This teen misses reading)

12. No Fear: Hand Grenades by Mortal Couch (This teen didn’t die while handling live grenades)

13. No Fear: Showing My Love by chrysalismist (She strives to show 3 acts of love for her family members everyday)

14. No Fear: Forever alone? by graciechi4 (She is afraid to be alone)

15. No Fear: Why Says I Can’t Speak Spanish? by seenevermore (She knew how to speak, but was afraid)

16. No Fear: Fire Ain’t So Hot! by Ryan Amonta (He lost his cousin to a fire)

17. No Fear: I Found Calm in the Storm by genesis (This teen was afraid to fail math)

18. No Fear: I auditioned for the school’s dance company and made it by MariMo1254 (Overcoming fear leads to good things)

19. No Fear: I repelled down a 100-foot tower by kayla.jang (Life is about stepping outside of your comfort zone)

20. No Fear: Fear is Useless by meowkatz (Positive motivation is more important than fear)

WINNERS - NON-STUDENT ENTRIES

We received submissions on this writing prompt from many of the life stages and generations on StageofLife.com.  Here are the Fear Essay Contest Winners from our non-student categories...

StageofLIfe.com writing contest submissionsRead All Qualifying Teen & College Essays for the National StageofLife.com Writing Contest - "When Have You Applied the Phrase 'No Fear' in Your Life?"

The essays below were written by Stage of Life teen writers for the monthly writing contest and are listed alphabetically by Fear:

Fear of Social Situations/Friends

1. No Fear by owalsh2004 (This teen was afraid to ask her crush out)

2. No Fear: I was entirely alone in a new environment for the first time in my life by pahding (This introvert teen was scared to be alone)

3. No Fear: Afraid of myself… and olives by gbuttersnaps (This teen entered a harsh love affair with olives to make a friend)

4. No Fear: I know that I cannot be perfect by ashelton (This teen wants to please everyone)

5. No Fear: High School. Students raise your voice by kava860 (Stand up against bullying)

6. No Fear: Being Alone by LaLucia2681 (This teen realized it is better to have one good friend than several fake friends)

7. No Fear: Facing the Truth by daniejmm (This teen fell in with the wrong crowd)

8. No Fear by Jessica H. (This teen doesn’t want to be teased)

9. No Fear: Overcoming Being Socially Awkward by cbylsma (This teen wants to be a teacher, which means a lot of public speaking)

10. No Fear: Monophobia by Yasmine (She was horribly lonely)

11. No Fear: To be a mystery for others by Geetika (Sometimes we need to be our own hero)

12. No Fear: Finding Yourself by Soccer98 (Remember the phrase “Never fear”)

13. No Fear: The End by AutumnW13 (Her boyfriend of 7 months broke up with her)

14. No Fear: The fear of not being accepted by mblackhorse7 (She wanted to fit in--badly)

15. No Fear: Being an Introvert by RedTwist (This teen embraced the extrovert within)

16. No Fear: I’m not done here by mollyr (She was cruelly bullied)

17. No Fear: Atelophobia by wjung3139 (This teen was afraid to not fit in)

18. No Fear: I Have a Fear of Talking by Alliegh (This teen is intimidated by the strong women in her life)

19. No Fear: Opportunity is there for the taking, and I took it by Nellgal (She used to be very shy)

20. No Fear: This One is For Me by lookingforanswers (Make a future and happiness for yourself)

21. No Fear: Cross a Different Street by adeliemelon (Give yourself a chance to start over)

22. No Fear: I was afraid of being alone by amorrissey122 (You do not need to be part of a clique)

Fear of Leaving Home

1. No Fear: Leaving the Nest by Papples (He was afraid that he wouldn’t be able to live away from home for a month)

2. No Fear: Living on my own by thamm (This teen is nervous for college)

4. No Fear: I couldn’t turn back, for there was nowhere to turn back to by NCpollyCA (This teen was nervous to journey by herself)

5. No Fear: Growing Up by morganhurst (This teen is afraid to be on her own)

6. No Fear by littlefolidune (This teen is afraid to move on)

Fear of Family

1. No Fear: Living with a brother with ADHD by emmasue27 (Her brother’s diagnosis shook her world)

2. No Fear: My Battle against Child Abuse by mikailamariee (She was abused by her mother)

3. No Fear: Fears I will never overcome by rgzarate (This teen mom has a fear of letting her daughter, and her family, down)

4. No Fear: Accepting Myself in the Midst of Alcoholism by whaleslikebaroque15 (This teen was at the mercy of her dad’s drunk driving too many times)

5. No Fear: Older Brother by munchell (This teen thinks his brother is too selfish)

6. No Fear: Brother’s going to war by ashlyshum (Her brother recently left for Afghanistan)

7. No Fear: Stepping Stones of Learning—Experiences by thepurpleirises (This teen remembers watching her mom cut)

8. No Fear: Being Myself by LaurenLewis (This teen resented her upbringing)

Fear of Fear

1. No Fear: I never want to let fear keep me from reaching my potential by literarylife (This teen tries hard not to be afraid)

2. No Fear: I fear what I do not understand by Dylan_Burnell (He fears big, abstract ideas)

3. No Fear: I couldn’t cross the street by kmac2017 (This teen was hit by a car while running)

4. No Fear: What’s my fear? by Misshii (This teen is scared of a lot of things)

5. No Fear: I hate being afraid to do something, fear of fear by Kid_Lightning11 (There is nothing that this teen can’t overcome)

6. No Fear: Agoraphobia by K.E. Nave (Going to school is a struggle for this teen)

7. No Fear: I Am No Longer Controlled by Panic by EmiliaCristy (She used to suffer from panic attacks)

8. No Fear: To take on sleepovers by samgids10 (She had panic attacks at sleepovers)

9. No Fear: The Truth About My Feelings by horsesrunwild34 (This teen is consumed with guilt)

Fear of Failure

1. No Fear: Having to face failure by avargas (The thought of failure holds this teen back)

2. No Fear by Swagilicious (This teen is afraid he won’t succeed)

3. No Fear: Winning is everything by kennainky (This teen is afraid to not “go anywhere” in life)

4. No Fear: Failure will not bring the apocalypse by emsun (Failure is a way to move forward)

5. No Fear: My Future by amellxox (This teen wasn’t the brightest student… but turned it all around)

Fear of New Experiences

1. No Fear: Fired a Gun and Learned to Love It by davis.luanava (This teen was afraid to fire his first gun)

2. No Fear: Braving Hell’s Hole by nick halden (This teen was scared to hike into a canyon)

3. No Fear: The Danger of Walking a Tightrope in High Heels by asherwood (This teen was nervous to perform on stage)

4. No Fear: I heard people in my cornfield and called the Sheriff by Trevor Van Vliet (This teen helped catch three armed criminals hiding in his cornfield)

5. No Fear: A dramatization of my car ride to the Marine recruiting station by wiserhawk (This teen wanted to make something of his life)

6. No Fear: I was Nonathletic by Allie L (She can now run marathons)

7. No Fear: Facing the Mindkiller of Ski Racing by Brown Cat (Her fear was paralyzing her before a race)

Fear of Tests or School

1. No Fear: The National Spelling Bee by Evie (This teen psyched herself out of a great opportunity)

2. No Fear: My stress over school work caused my work quality to decline, and how I worked through it by LaughingSkies (This teen was paranoid about school work and tests)

3. No Fear: Home or Public by TheRock (This homeschooled teen was afraid to try public school)

4. No Fear: I fought my social anxiety and ended up with tons of friends at the high school of my dreams by zz23keri23zz (She emerged from her scared shell and blossomed into an outgoing teen)

5. No Fear: Learning to Learn by ashilling13 (She was put in a “special” reading group)

6. No Fear: Getting ready for college by lorinb95 (College paperwork is overwhelming)

7. No Fear: I put my shyness aside and put my personal work out there for an application to an arts high school and I didn’t get in by CORINNErose (She feels like she didn’t put herself out there enough)

8. No Fear: I killed my fear, I became the best graduate by adinram (She pushed herself to be her best)

9. No Fear: Exchange year by daniel95 (This exchange student is adjusting to Utah)

10. No Fear: I Found Calm in the Storm by genesis (This teen was afraid to fail math)

11. No Fear: I couldn’t speak to my scary, sarcastic English teacher by Catlooby (Teachers are guides, not monsters) INCORRECT LINK

12. No Fear: High School help me out by tahhneesshh (High school helped her overcome her fears)

13. No Fear: Good Grades, Good College, Good Job by kat.talerico (Your own happiness is the most important thing)

14. No Fear: Perfection in a Different Light by allyjo96 (Understanding is different than memorizing)

Fear of Myself

1. No Fear: Being my own worst enemy by laurelsullivan (This teen second guesses herself… a lot)

2. No Fear: My Battle with Eating Disorders/Self-Esteem by Kamryn Bylsma (This teen struggled with a deadly eating disorder)

3. No Fear: For I Can Make It by RuzickaW (This teen struggles with wanting to be herself, but also be socially acceptable)

4. No Fear by bethany.torstenson (No fear is bigger than God)

5. No Fear: Little Miss Perfect by agorczyca14 (She wrote an encouraging letter to her past self)

6. No Fear: Two Words by brodie.gress (The bathroom was the best place to cry)

7. No Fear: Learning to Be Me by keileybug (She was a runner up in a beauty pageant… but still couldn’t find confidence)

8. No Fear: Depression by MISSKAYLA1997 (She was afraid to live in poverty)

9. No Fear: Free to be Me by Alexis Robertson (She had to conquer a lot of fears)

10. No Fear: Dealing with the Stress as the “Perfect Daughter” was Never my Forte by serasays729 (She felt a lot of pressure to be perfect)

11. No Fear: Conquering my fear of being alone by emmacaroline15 (She had never been alone her whole life)

12. No Fear: Losing Myself by matthew0729 (He was put in an all-boys school by his mom to “correct” his feminine behavior)

Fear of The Future

1. No Fear: Accepting the Fate of an Artist by 15alpacas (This teen wants to pursue a career in the arts)

2. No Fear: My Life in His Hands by maxkoetsier (This teen is comforted by his religion)

3. No Fear: Making the “BIG” Decisions by stephvandepol (This teen had to choose her major right away)

4. No Fear: Growing up by KtotheA (This teen is worried about paying for college)

5. No Fear: What’s Next? by JuanTaco (This teen isn’t sure what to do after high school)

6. No Fear: Change by k_marie_11 (Her anxiety about college is turning to excitement)

7. No Fear: Life by [email protected] (She isn’t sure what goes on after high school)

8. No Fear: An Inevitable Future by carinann (The future comes faster than we think/hope)

Fear of Bugs and Animals

1. No Fear: Spiders by cross13 (This teen is trying to overcome her fear by killing spiders without help)

2. No Fear: My fear of spiders by erik1164 (He overcame his fear by holding a tarantula at a pet store)

3. No Fear: My fear of yellow jackets by mitchelljk (He overcame his fear by grabbing a yellow jacket and getting stung)

4. No Fear: Spiders and scorpions by otaku094 (This teen is afraid to get bitten)

5. No Fear: Leeches by Ammon Mitchell (This teen was surrounded by leeches)

6. No Fear: Eight Legs Easy by REENA (This teen used rationality to overcome her fear)

7. No Fear: Blue Ice by ghandtz (This teen was afraid of dogs)

8. No Fear: Spiders by badgirl_bad18 (She hasn’t gotten over her fear entirely, but reacts much better)

9. No Fear: How I learned to stop worrying and kill the millipede menace by PHILosophical (Magazines make a forceful weapon)

10. No Fear: Monsters Inside Me by Napkin32 (This teen was afraid of parasites)

11. No Fear: A Midnight Journey by EagleScout13 (This teen dove into waters with a nurse shark)

Fear of Sports

1. No Fear by djkissel (He traveled with his sports team to play at a big game)

2. No Fear: My Fear Kept Me From My Passion by Kickadee (She lost her riding confidence)

3. No Fear: Other Way Around by horsesrunwild34 (She had to give up her love: horseback riding)

4. No Fear by Montana Joleen (She kept injuring herself)

5. No Fear: Afraid to lose by rpaige (She realized losing—or winning—doesn’t matter)

6. No Fear: Vaulting for the Gold by laurend1 (She was afraid to be injured)

Fear of Death

1. No Fear: I was afraid of losing my mom by CourtneyPerrilliat (Her mom is her best friend)

2. No Fear: Losing someone special to cancer by erica.martin.1460693 (She is afraid of losing her grandmother)

3. No Fear: Fear of losing loved ones by torimykell95 (This teen lost her best friend--grandpa)

4. No Fear: My friends hold me up by weefs415 (She lost her best friend in a car accident when she was 8)

5. No Fear by chances123 (This teen is afraid to die young)

6. No Fear: Why Should I Be Afraid to Go by OrlandoS (This teen realized that there is no point in being afraid to die)

7. No Fear: Father’s Death by golf girl (This teen knows her dad is watching down on her)

8. No Fear: Living Life to the Fullest by LaineyLou (Her cousin died young)

9. No Fear: The Fear of Life by lezzbehonest3 (This teen is afraid to die unexpectedly)

10. No Fear: Til Death Do Us Part by Lakea (“Live young and die old”)

11. No Fear: Scared of Life by kunalpalawat (This teen is afraid of not leaving a legacy)

12. No Fear: Death by Mjmts (Try to live without regret)

Misc. Fears

1. No Fear: Hated noise. Now I ignore it by krmurphy91 (This teen was afraid of/hated loud noises)

2. No Fear: Resuscitating My Love of Reading by madgirl1117 (This teen misses reading)

3. No Fear: The Courage to Stand Up to the Definition of Beauty in Society by malin_peterson (This teen has learned that it doesn’t matter what size she is or how “beautiful” she is)

4. No Fear: Journey to Equality by gngguarnieri (She is co-president of School Girls Unite)

5. No Fear: Fear by Ducks (She had a fear of water)

6. No Fear: My assumptions of scuba diving took a toll as I sank into the barren sea by michellek925 (Push yourself to do something scary for a new perspective)

7. No Fear by jmc488 (His truck got stuck in the mud)

8. No Fear: Driving by kellie95 (She was afraid to get into a car wreck)

9. No Fear: Hand Grenades by Mortal Couch (This teen didn’t die while handling live grenades)

10. No Fear: Love Conquers All by Marquee (She was afraid to fall in love)

11. No Fear: Showing My Love by chrysalismist (She strives to show 3 acts of love for her family members everyday)

12. No Fear: I overcame the fear of endings by Arcdawg (This teen was afraid to start something and see it end)

13. No Fear: Forever alone? by graciechi4 (She is afraid to be alone)

14. No Fear: Simba scared me, believe it or not by CAVERY10 (This teen had a bad dream about The Lion King’s Simba)

15. No Fear: Scary movies by Billy24 (Scary movies can actually be funny)

16. No Fear: Why Says I Can’t Speak Spanish? by seenevermore (She knew how to speak, but was afraid)

17. No Fear: Taking Risks by 1001106 (“Life is short and I want to live it up”)

18. No Fear: Fear of Fears by nisha (This teen is afraid of the dark, death, and diseases)

19. No Fear: Fire Ain’t So Hot! by Ryan Amonta (He lost his cousin to a fire)

20. No Fear: Living Through Superstorm Sandy by friendzyfriend (This teen could have had it much worse)

21. No Fear: The Usual by Bethrose95 (This teen was consumed by shyness)

22. No Fear: One small step for me by cossshmo (This teen justifies his fears)

23. No Fear: Conquering Water by Meriris (She used her to pool to help overcome her fear)

24. No Fear: The Green Scheme by hwanga16 (This teen is no longer afraid to speak up)

Fear of The Dark

1. No Fear by hoythunter (There is nothing to be afraid of in the dark)

2. No Fear: Bogeyman Paranoia by WritingMumzy (This teen is afraid of what lies in the dark)

Fear of Public Speaking or Performing

1. No Fear: Singing in Public by Junisha27 (Performing made her feel alive)

2. No Fear: Performing by ShawtyWild (She was scared to give a public performance)

3. No Fear: Public Speaking by ellie95 (Preparing for a speech beforehand helps)

4. No Fear: Public Speaking by Smiley (She hates reading out loud and speaking in front of class)

5. No Fear: Overcoming My Fear of Public Speaking by shyshay15 (Talking with her parents helped her overcome her fear)

6. No Fear: Having to cross dress for a public speech because of my lack of listening skills by Storkydancer33 (She had to become MLK Jr.)

7. No Fear: Public Speaking by nbl459 (Practice makes perfect)

8. No Fear: Overcoming Stage Fright by damiskin (She auditioned for a school musical to help her overcome her fear)

9. No Fear: Stage Fright by kellj17 (Try to think of something funny or calming before prestenting)

10. No Fear: PSA by Marneabrooks (“Don’t judge a book by its cover”)

11. No Fear: Overcoming my fear of stage fright by 11001719 (Imagine yourself in a peaceful place and then play)

12. No Fear: I auditioned for the school’s dance company and made it by MariMo1254 (Overcoming fear leads to good things)

13. No Fear: Conquering my fright of Performing by Noaht (This teen mastered the piece and got lots of advice)

14. No Fear: Putting Courage Ahead of Public Speaking by Lennyyy (This teen was competing to be Student Treasurer)

Fear of Heights

1. No Fear: I am Bigger than my Fear of Heights by courtney911 (Oprah helped her get over her fear of heights)

2. No Fear: Sky Coaster by babiistarr13 (This teen overcame her fear of falling toward the ground)

3. No Fear: Summer Heights by allana142 (She was scared to ride the London Eye)

4. No Fear: I repelled down a 100-foot tower by kayla.jang (Life is about stepping outside of your comfort zone)

5. No Fear by lb34 (This teen was scared of roller coasters)

6. No Fear: Heights by youngcashee (This teen jumped off a cliff for fun)

7. No Fear: Adrenaline by KSullivan (This teen had a blast on the roller coaster)

8. No Fear: 4th gear by dholliday (This teen jumped a gap on their bike)

No Fear

1. No Fear: I Don’t Believe in Fear by taylorbherrera (This teen isn’t afraid)

2. No Fear: Fear is Useless by meowkatz (Positive motivation is more important than fear)

3. No Fear by JamiaCupcakee (This teen likes only fears school, but nothing else)

Writing contests on StageofLife.comWriting Contests on Stage of Life

StageofLife.com hosts educational, national, monthly writing and blogging contests for teens and college students.  In its mission to provide students an authentic community to share their opinions and publish their ideas, StageofLife.com will strive to continue its commitment to giving teens and college students a larger voice. 

We welcome you to explore our writing contests, our mission and the literacy principals on which it Stage of Life was founded.

Comments

Let us know what you think!

Advertiser

Coupons for Life - 5% to 50% Off

As an educational writing initiative, StageofLife.com is fortunate to have the support of hundreds of brands who support this writing community and our literacy mission.  Because of that, you can save 5% to 50% off with Stage of Life's free My Life Rewards® program. 

Get discounts at Applebee's, Papa John's, Lenovo, AAMCO, and many more...

Applebee's gift card discountDiscount on pizza at PapaJohns.com from StageofLife.com Lenovo discount from StageofLife.com AAMCO auto discount from StageofLife.com