I am Thankful for Lies

KitKat
It’s strange how much we come to depend on what everyone knows is bad. Guilty pleasures: chocolate and coffee and cigarettes - and that's just the C's. Forbidden fruits: drugs and drink and the touch of an illicit lover. But most of all we depend on lies. Those simple easy lies like of course I love you and you’re not ugly and yes, your hat’s just gorgeous. We cling to those lies. That we are beautiful and we are loved. That we are included. And that’s the most important thing. Being included. Girls – bubblegum and promises and mascara and secrets – can be so spiteful, but when they tell that simplest, sweetest of lies, you look nice, you cling to it, however pathetic it makes you feel, because for once you feel good.
And that’s why I’m thankful for lies. Because, like they say, the truth hurts.
Comment by AmyDoodle

You tie your opening statement and summary together very well. Altogether a concise, well-written essay.
Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 1:58:14 AM
Comment by bugcandy

I'm the CEO for StageofLife.com.

We wanted to let you know that the essay you submitted above was one of the semi-finalists for our November student writing contest.

Congratulations!

We look forward to reading more of your essays and obversations about life on the site!

Don't hesitate to Contact Us if you have any questions.

Eric

Eric Thiegs
CEO/President
Stage of Life
www.stageoflife.com
Posted: Monday, December 20, 2010 3:56:34 PM