My Hero is Michael

Squallio
Imagine the world is close to annihilation, everyone you’ve ever cared about is gone and uncertainty is around every corner. This is exactly how I felt after moving halfway across the world from Japan to Florida. After spending most of my later years of schooling in Japan, moving back to America was, lightly put, one of the most terrifying and forlorn experiences of my entire life. That was until my hero arrived. His entrance was exactly like an epic movie would portray it, only instead of a white horse, he drove his blue Nissan Versa and instead of a razor sharp blade he pulled out his iPhone. Yet none of this hindered my deliverance from ultimate solitude and terror. My hero is my boyfriend, not because he has any magic powers, hidden identity or even because he was the product of a scientific experiment gone wrong, but because he was there when no one else was.
When you are a teenager small things can feel like the end of the world like losing your favorite skirt to getting a bad haircut. After moving life as I knew it would never be the same and the rest of the world was going to be miserable with me. I wanted nothing more than to move back to Japan and reunite with all my old friends. When I met my boyfriend Michael who also moved from Japan to the States, he convinced me that change was a good thing. Michael told me that if change never happened nothing would ever get done. He inspired me to acknowledge that my life was changing and to deal with it in the most mature way a high school Junior could, and most importantly he taught me that the world was in fact not ending but beginning. He encouraged me to stay positive and told me that everything will only get better from now. From then to now I believe my life has gotten better.
To go from knowing everyone at my previous school to knowing no one at my new school was frightening, to say the least. All friends grown out of and grown into had suddenly vanished at the start of a plane engine. Loneliness pumped through my veins thickening my blood and turning my heart cold. Bitterness grew into general disgust of any and all who were happy without me. And to those few close friends that never called when all I needed was to know someone, besides my family cared for my well being. Then Michael appeared, and cared. He wanted to be apart of my life and somehow little by little he brought me out of my hollow self pity I basked in.
Like any hero Michael saved the day, and in my case my moral. I don’t believe that I could have made it out of my misery alone. The best part is he has no idea that he had an impact, literally picking me up from my lowest point effortlessly.