Quotes about High School and Teens

quotes about high school

Quotes about Teens and High School Students

Are you looking for quotes about high school or teenagers?  You've come to the right place. StageofLife.com features quotes about teens, high school students, high school, and more. Some of these are funny quotes about students while others are more inspirational, but all of them will make you think! 

If you have a quote about high school to share, Contact Us so we can share it here on the High School Quote page.

High School Quotes...

Famous lines and quotations about high school students and teens...

Quotes about Teenagers “People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself. But the self is not something one finds, it is something one creates.”

--Thomas Szasz

Quotes about Teenagers “When adults say, 'Teenagers think they are invincible' with that sly, stupid smile on their faces, they don't know how right they are. We need never be hopeless, because we can never be irreparably broken. We think that we are invincible because we are. We cannot be born, and we cannot die. Like all energy, we can only change shapes and sizes and manifestations. They forget that when they get old. They get scared of losing and failing. But that part of us greater than the sum of our parts cannot begin and cannot end, and so it cannot fail.”

--John Green, Looking for Alaska

Quotes about High School “If you surround yourself with the good and righteous, they can only raise you up. If you surround yourself with the others, they will drag you down into the doldrums of mediocrity, and they will keep you there, but only as long as you permit it.”

--Mark Glamack

Quotes about High School
“High school isn't a very important place. When you're going you think it's a big deal, but when it's over nobody really thinks it was great unless they're beered up.”

--Stephen King, "Carrie"

Quote submitted by Sarah from Adlai E. Stevenson High School 

Quote about High School
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy.’ They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”

--John Lennon

Quote about High School

“I went to a high school reunion a couple years ago and realized that the kids who were the most unusual in high school are the ones who are the most interesting now and the ones who were popular are dull and boring.”

--Anderson Cooper

High School Quote
“Hollywood is like high school, there are always going to be people who hate you and people who like you. When you’re a teen, [that’s tough] because you’re hyper-aware of what other people are gonna say and think. But neither defines who you are as a person or how successful you are unless you let them.”

--Debbie Ryan

High School Quote
“In high school I got voted most likely to get voted for something. Even though I was the only one who voted, it still felt terrific being nominated.”

--Jarod Kintz, It Occurred to Me

High School Quote
"Old is always fifteen years from now."

--Bill Cosby

High School Quote
"I'm a teenager, but I'm independent - I have my own apartment, I have my own life. And I think I have learned more than any of those teenagers have in school. I learned to be responsible, leaving my family and coming here alone."

--Adriana Lima

High School Quote
"I have teenagers, so I listen to a lot of music.
They turn me on to great music."

--Katey Sagal

High School Quote

"Remember that as a teenager you are at the last stage of your life when you will be happy to hear that the phone is for you."

--Fran Lebowitz

High School Quote

"High school wasn't a trial by fire or some ordeal that had to be survived. It was all a big joke. You just had to provide the laugh track."

--Scott Westerfeld, Midnighters: Blue Noon, 2005

High School Quote

"Few things are more satisfying than seeing your own children have teenagers of their own."

--Doug Larson

High School Quote

"When you're a teenager and you're in love, it's obvious to everyone but you and the person you're in love with."

-John Scalzi, Old Man's War, 2005

High School Quote

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."

--Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

High School Quote

"I'm seventeen and I'm crazy. My uncle says the two always go together. When people ask your age, he said, always say 'seventeen and insane.'"

--Ray Bradbury (1920 - ), Fahrenheit 451, 1953

High School Quote

"Don't let yourself forget what it's like to be sixteen."

--Anonymous

High School Quote

"When you're eighteen your emotions are violent, but they're not durable."

--W. Somerset Maugham (1874 - 1965)

The Razor's Edge, 1943

Suggest a Quote

Have a quote about high school or being a teenager to share with us?  Include the source and...

Send it here.  Our editors will verify the information and post it to this page.