If you're a teenager...

Must Visit Websites for High School StudentsMust visit websites and resources for high school students

Stage of Life is constantly sourcing the best resources and must-visit websites for high school students and teens.  Take a few moments and explore the below recommended resources for students.  If you have a high school resource or website to suggest, please let us know.

Contact Stage of Life with a High School Resource suggestion

Must Visit Websites for High School Students

Annual Graduation Speaker Contest

Own The Room - Graduation Speaker Contest

Partnering with Parade Magazine, Own the Room invites all Colleges and Universities to upload their Commencement Speeches, and all U.S. High Schools to upload their Valedictorian or Graduation Speeches and have people rate it along several criteria. 

Grand Prize Commencement Speech winner receives four certificates to attend an Own The Room training, and two High School Valedictorian or Graduation speeches win an iPad! The top ten in either category receive a Own The Room Spotlight Award and recognition on their website and Parade.com. 

Graduation Speaker Contest

Smart Option Student Loan by Sallie Mae

Recommended College Loans and Financing

Are you looking for the best way to finance college? StageofLife.com recommends exploring the Smart Option Student Loan program from Sallie Mae. 

The Smart Option Student Loan features and benefits include:

1. Choice of competitive fixed and variable interest rates providing more choice and flexibility
  2. No origination fees and no prepayment penalty
  3. Borrow up to 100% of school certified education costs (minimum $1,000)
  4. Multiple in-school repayment options available
  5. Borrower benefits available like rewards and interest rate reductions
  6. Rates that reward creditworthy borrowers
  7. Creditworthy cosigners may help you qualify and/or receive a lower rate
  8. 24/7 online account management of your loan.

The Smart Option Student Loan is an ideal solution to help pay for college expenses not covered by scholarships and federal loans...

College Loan Recommendations for Students

Study Abrad Tips and Advice

Top 10 Study Abroad Tips

StageofLife.com has crafted the Top 10 Study Abroad Tips that every student (and parent) should consider when exploring study abroad programs.  This special travel abroad section of Stage of Life also includes links to other study abroad resources.

Thinking about studying abroad...read our tips, advice and suggestions here first...

Study Abroad Recommendations for Students

Teach.com
As a premier, educational-resource, Stage of Life enjoys the privilege of working with some of the best teaching and education resource partners in the US.

If you're thinking about becoming a teacher, we recommend that you explore Teach.com.

It's is a comprehensive resource for information on becoming a great teacher in any state across the country. It provides state specific information on how to become a teacher, teacher salaries, teaching credentials, teacher certification tests, alternative teacher certification, and much more.

Their aim is to provide all the information necessary to become a teacher no matter where you live.

Money Crashers
Are you wondering how to find a part-time jobs for high school students but don't know where to start? Or don't know the key factors in trying to choose a college that you need to keep in mind? Money Crashers is loaded with all sorts of useful information for high school students. An online personal finance blog, Money Crashers is designed to help people of all ages make better decisions with their money - and it's not just for parents! Teens can learn to save money, find the best business ideas for teenagers and kids, and even learn about investing. With all the financial uncertainty and instability in the world, isn't it good to have a leg up?

The International Dyslexia Association

StageofLife.com supports The International Dyslexia Association's (IDA) belief that all individuals have the right to achieve their potential (no matter what their stage of life), that individual learning abilities can be strengthened and that social, educational and cultural barriers to language acquisition and use must be removed.

The purpose of IDA is to pursue and provide the most comprehensive range of information and services that address the full scope of dyslexia and related difficulties in learning to read and write. . . In a way that creates hope, possibility, and partnership.

Whether you are an educator, parent or student, The International Dyslexia Association is a great resource.  Click below to visit their website.

Print Universal Goal Setting Worksheet

TeenInk.com

Teen Resources and Writing?

TeenInk.com:  TeenInk.com is an established teen resource that has a magazine, blogs, book series and website written entirely by teens. It's an excellent resource for teen writers and artists.

Financial planning for teens

MyHero.com

What Makes a Hero?

MyHero.com:  StageofLife.com's September writing contest for students asked the question, "Who is your hero and why?"  We started getting responses to the hero question and realized that there might be other resources talking about and addressing the concept of heros in our lives.

That's when we found MyHero.com. 

MyHero.com is a visually rich resource with a mission to use media and technology to celebrate the best of humanity and to empower young people to realize their own potential to effect positive change in the world.  We encourage everyone to think about the heros in your lives and visit MyHero.com to participate in their international project.

Financial planning for teens

Mint.com

Free Financial Management for Teens

Mint.com:  High school students have a lot of financial stuff going on.  Opening up their first real bank accounts.  Holding down part-time jobs.  Planning for college.  Paying for gas or insurance.  Buying prom dresses.  Stage of Life wants to introduce to you (while your financial experience is still relatively young) a free money management system you can use throughout your entire life. 

Mint.com is a secure, online planner to help you budget and organize your finances while at the same time planning for life's financial milestones whether it be buying a car, planning for college, taking a school trip, getting a job, or even looking ahead to retirement (you can never start too soon). 

It takes about five to ten minutes to set up, and you can view all of your financial information in one place.  Money Magazine gives it a four-star rating and everyone from the New York Times to Good Morning America are raving about this free, simple, personal finance planner and money mangement tool. 

Stage of Life staff have tested it, use it and warmly recommend it.

Financial planning for teens

SimpleTuition.com

How Do I Find the Right Student Loan for College?

SimpleTuition.com:  Compare and sort student loans for college by what's important to you - interest rates, monthly payments, and total cost of loan. You can compare student loans for up to 20 lenders and then apply for the ones that fit your needs.  Good credit is required.

College loan resources

GetSchooled.com

Help Increase High School Graduation Rates

GetSchooled.com is one of those sites you can't overlook.  We definitely couldn't.

Why? 

Get Schooled is a national program that connects, inspires and mobilizes people to work harder to increase high school and college graduation rates, improve postsecondary readiness and promote the fundamental importance of education.

Check out GetSchooled.com

Junior Achievment

Become a Teen Entrepreneur

JA Worldwide is the world’s largest organization dedicated to educating students about workforce readiness, entrepreneurship and financial literacy through experiential, hands-on programs.  Its pograms help prepare young people for the real world by showing them how to generate wealth and effectively manage it, how to create jobs which make their communities more robust, and how to apply entrepreneurial thinking to the workplace.

Resources for student entrepeneurs

Teen Reads.com

What Are Teens Reading?

Teenreads.com bring teens info and features about their favorite authors, books, series and characters. They are part of The Book Report Network, a group of websites founded in 1996 that share thoughtful book reviews, compelling features, in-depth author profiles and interviews, excerpts of the hottest new releases, literary games and contests, and more.

Reading resources for teenagers

Teens and Books

12 Books Every Teen Should Read

Okay...that's a bold statement but we think after you review this Stage of Life book list, you'll agree (or maybe not).  Either way, take a look.  If you think we missed a book that should be added, let us know.

Book Recommendations for High School Students