If you're pregnant...

Must Visit Websites for Having a Baby...you gotta check out these must visit websites and resources for having a baby!

Stage of Life is constantly sourcing the best must-visit websites and resources for having a baby, new parents, and those simply curious about...birth.  Take a few moments and explore the web destinations recommended below.  It could make a big difference in assisting with the preparation of your baby coming into your home.

You may just find something inspiring.  And if you have a "Having a Baby" life resource to suggest, please let us know.

Contact Stage of Life with a Home Owner Resource Suggestion

Must Visit Websites for Having a Baby

Don't Pay Full Price for Dinner

Discounts on Applebee's and IHOP Gift Cards

StageofLife.com's educational mission is supported by Applebee's and IHOP.  As part of this special partnership, the restaurant brands provide a discount on their gift cards to acknowledge our digital literacy mission and support financial savings for our online community. 

The next time you're going out to breakfast or dinner, pick up some gift cards from Applebee's and IHOP first...and save some money!

Discounts on Applebee's and IHOP

Applebee's gift card discount   IHOP gift card discount

Money Crashers
There are numerous things to prepare for if you're about to have a baby, and saving money should be near the top of your list. Money Crashers offers all kinds of money-saving resources, including tips on throwing a budget baby shower, cheap maternity clothes, and how to find quality, affordable nursery furniture. You'll want to start thinking about setting up a 529 college savings plan too! No matter what stage in life you happen to be in, Money Crashers can help you prepare for a sound financial future.

Be the Match

Whether your a student, single adult, having a baby, or parent, being a bone marrow donor can save a life.  The National Marrow Donor Program® (NMDP) and  Be The Match Foundation® are nonprofit organizations dedicated to creating an opportunity for all patients to receive the bone marrow or umbilical cord blood transplant they need, when they need it. 

Seventy percent of people do not have a donor in their family and depend on our Be The Match Registry® to find a match to save their life.  As a leader in the field of marrow and cord blood transplantation, Be the Match, works every day to connect patients, doctors, donors and researchers to the resources they need.

One Stage of Life editor, Cece, told of her donation story in her editors piece. Click here to read her heart warming story on a Charity page.

No matter what your stage of life, take the time to give others a chance at life and donate with Be The Match.

Print Universal Goal Setting Worksheet

LovedTwice.org

Help Underprivileged Newborns

LovedTwice.org:  One of our Stage of Life members told us about Loved Twice via our Contact Us form.  We looked into their organization and couldn't be happier sharing their mission with you.

Loved Twice is a 501(c)(3) charity organization located in Northern California dedicated to delivering gently used and new baby clothes directly to underprivileged newborns upon their departure from hospitals.

Thanks to the generosity of the community and its many volunteers, they have donated over 25,000 pounds of recycled baby clothing...enough to outfit more than 3,000 newborns in need for their entire first year of life.  Without these donations, some of these babies would otherwise go straight from the hospital to a shelter, with little to keep them warm besides the hospital supplied blanket.

LovedTwice.org should be commended for their "green" approach too...circulating items which can be reused/recycled, and keeping them out of landfills.

Help newborn babies in need

Mint.com

Budget Planning for Your New Baby

Mint.com:  A new baby is on the way...you'll need to start organizing your finances now (whether the due date is nine months away or tomorrow).  Discover the best FREE money management system you can use throughout your entire life.  Mint.com is a secure, online planner to help you organize and budget your finances while at the same time planinng for life's financial milestones whether it be having a new baby, paying off your old college debt (or saving for your baby's), getting a new job, buying a new car or house, or even looking ahead to retirement.

It takes about five to ten minutes to set up, and you can view all of your financial information in one place.  Money Magazine gives it a four-star rating and everyone from the New York Times to Good Morning America are raving about this free, simple, personal finance planner and money mangement tool. 

Stage of Life staff have tested it, use it and warmly recommend it.

Resources for Having a Baby

Health Plans of America.com

Finding the Right Health Insurance for a New Family

Health Plans of America is dedicated to helping people find affordable health insurance. Health Plans of America is not a health insurance company.  They are one of the largest and most trusted sources for competitive health insurance quotes.  Whether you’re a recent graduate, self-employed, working without coverage, retiring, or just trying to save money, they can help you learn more about your options, request free quotes, compare plans from different insurers, and lower your costs.

Resources for Having a Baby

Stage of Life Feature Article

Helping Your Pregnant Wife Around the House...10 Things a Husband Should Do in the 2nd and 3rd Trimesters

This Top 10 list has been personally battle tested by a few fathers here at Stage of Life.  When your wife is "showing" and not feeling as agile as she once was, there comes a time when the husband needs to "step up" and proactively help a bit more.  We encourage all fathers-to-be to heed this advice.

Resources for Having a Baby