Having A Baby Must Visit Websites

Must Visit Websites for Having a Baby

10 Things a Husband Should Do to Help Around the House During the 2nd and 3rd Trimesters

This month's list has been personally battle tested by a few fathers on our staff.  When your wife is "showing" and not feeling as agile as she once perhaps was, there comes a time when the husband needs to "step up" and help a bit more proactively.  Without waiting for her to say something, we enourage you soon-to-be fathers to take it from us, and try these things below!

A more aptly named title for this Top 10 list should be...

How Can I Help My Pregnant Wife?

To Do #1:  Carry the Laundry to the Basement

Or better yet, do the laundry for her.

CHECK OUT:  Heck...buy the laundry soap too and make it a hat trick!

To Do #2:  Keep the Car Parked on a Level Surface and Warm it Up for Her

If you have slope to your driveway, park the car in a fashion that reduces the risk of falling or slipping, esp. during icy or snowy conditions.  And while you're keeping the car top of mind, run out and start the thing a few minutes before she has to get in.  We place a little show of chiverly above saving the planet (idling car for 3 minutes) on this one.

To Do #3:  Ask How She's Feeling

Men have NO clue about the full extent of the physical changes occuring during a pregnancy.  Stay engaged and make sure to ask your partner how she's feeling.  It's important for her to know that 1) you're interested and 2) that you care.

To Do #4:  Make Dinner

As the pregnancy develops, the motivation and ability to move around the kitchen may diminish.  Keep your partner happy and healthy with surprise meal preparations.

CHECK OUT:  I want the best stuff for my kitchen

To Do #5:  Say I Love You

Similar to #3, saying "I love you" simply allows your partner to know that she's not alone.

CHECK OUT:  And if you're feeling generous - check out jewerly gift options here and give a little something extra with those tender words.

To Do #6:  Talk to the Baby

By the second trimester, the baby can hear you.  Ask your partner if you can read to the baby or even talk to the belly during bedtime.  That engagement with the pregnancy will melt her heart.

CHECK OUT:  Buy a book for the baby and write a small inscription on the inside cover.  The mother of your child will melt!

To Do #7:  Start a Daddy Journal

Six to three months before the birth of your baby, suggest to your wife or partner the idea of keeping a "Daddy" or "Soon-to-be-Parents" Journal.  This can be something as simple as a notebook in which you keep daily thoughts on world events, life, and the conversastions you are having together leading up to the birth of your child.  It'll be a piece of "you" that your teenage son or daughter can read one day.

To Do #8:  Help Her Feel Sexy

For some women, the last thing on their minds during pregancy is sex.  For others, their drive becomes stronger.  No matter the situation, the future daddy involved needs to continue letting his partner know how sexy she is...even as she gets...larger.  This can be accomplished with something as simple as a random card or a candle lite backrub.  Let her know she's still your love goddess.

CHECK OUT:  Get the best deals on candles here.  Lots of selection too.

To Do #9:  Talk Money

Don't wait until the baby arrives to share breaking news on your finances or the fact that you can't afford the crib you both have been been talking about for four months.  Sit down at least three to six months before the baby is due and look at your budget together.  Talk openly about the economic changes and opportunities a baby will bring.  Make it a positive conversation...not something scary or negative.  Talking money isn't about adding stress, it's about taking it away and being prepared financially.

CHECK OUT:  Stage of Life's financial planning and goal setting tools.

To Do #10:  Vacuum

Yes.  Vacuum.  Better yet, vacuum AND dust.  Your pregant partner will probably fall over dead but the surprise, attention to detail and help will make all the difference.  And if you happen to already vacuum, then pick up a chore that she typically does - no matter how much you hate it.

Have a list or site to suggest?  Contact us