Grandparenting Quotes

Quotes about Grandparents

Quotes about Grandparents

Stage of Life Editors have pulled together the best quotes about grandparents and grandchildren.  Some of the quotes are funny and others are touching, but all deal with the art of grandparenting.  

Suggest a Quote about Grandparents

If you have a quote about grandparenting to share, Contact Us along with the source so we can share it here on the Grandparent Quote page.

Our Favorite Quotes about Grandparents

Touching and/or funny quotes about grandparents and grandparenting:

Quotes about Grandparents
“I phoned my grandparents and my grandfather said 'We saw your movie.' '
Which one?' I said.
He shouted, 'Betty, what was the name of that movie I didn't like?”

Brad Pitt

Quotes about Grandparents

“When a child is born, so are grandmothers.”

Judith Levy

Quotes about Grandparents
“Nobody can do for little children what grandparents do. Grandparents sort of sprinkle stardust over the lives of little children.”

Alex Haley

Quotes about Grandparents

"The idea that no one is perfect is a view most commonly held by people with no grandchildren."

Doug Larson

Quotes about Grandparents  "Surely, two of the most satisfying experiences in life must be those of being a grandchild or a grandparent"

Donald A. Norberg

Quotes about Grandparents

"The reason grandparents and grandchildren get along so well is that they have a common enemy."

Sam Levenson (1911 - 1980)

Quotes about Grandparents

"I loved my own Grandparents with all my heart. I learned important lessons from them about how to treat people, how to cook and how to work.....they showered us kids with love and left the parenting to Momma and Daddy. That's the beauty of being a grandparent - the hard work belongs to someone else. I guess I never really understood the depth of their love for me until I became a grandmother myself.....it is unlike any other relationship."

Paula Deen

Quotes about Grandparents

"Never have children, only grandchildren."

Gore Vidal

Quotes about Grandparents

"A grandfather was walking through his yard when he heard his granddaughter repeating the alphabet in a tone of voice that sounded like a prayer. He asked her what she was doing. The little girl explained: "I'm praying, but I can't think of exactly the right words, so I'm just saying all the letters, and God will put them together for me, because He knows what I'm thinking."

Charles B. Vaughan

Quotes about Grandparents

"My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is."

Ellen DeGeneres

Quotes about Grandparents

"Not a tenth of us who are in business are doing as well as we could if we merely followed the principles that were known to our grandfathers."

William Feather (1908 - 1976)

Quotes about Grandparents

"Think not forever of yourselves, O Chiefs, nor of your own generation. Think of continuing generations of our families, think of our grandchildren and of those yet unborn, whose faces are coming from beneath the ground."

Peacemaker

founder of the Iroquois Confederacy, (ca. 1000 AD)

Quotes about Grandparents

"You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Irish Proverb

Quotes about Grandparents

"Any great truth can -- and eventually will -- be expressed as a cliche -- a cliche is a sure and certain way to dilute an idea. For instance, my grandmother used to say, 'The black cat is always the last one off the fence.' I have no idea what she meant, but at one time, it was undoubtedly true."

Solomon Short

Quotes about Grandparents

"My grandmother is over eighty and still doesn't need glasses. Drinks right out of the bottle."

Henny Youngman (1906 - 1998)

Quotes about Grandparents

"My grandfather once told me that there were two kinds of people: those who do the work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the first group; there was much less competition."

Indira Gandhi (1917 - 1984)

Suggest a Grandparenting Quote

Have a quote about grandparents or grandparenting to share with us?  Include the source and...

Send it here.  Our editors will verify the information.