If you have grandchildren...

Must Visit Websites for Grandparents...you gotta check out these must visit websites and resources for grandparents.

Stage of Life is constantly sourcing the best must-visit websites and resources for grandparents and the art of grandparenting.  Take a few moments and explore the web destinations recommended below. 

You may just find something inspiring.  And if you have a "Grandparenting" life resource to suggest, please let us know.

Contact Stage of Life with a Grandparenting Resource Suggestion

Must Visit Websites for Grandparents

Baby Boomer Community

Online Community for Baby Boomers

Boomeon is an online community for Baby Boomers and beyond. They seek to create a supportive and safe environment where people can be both student and teacher, author and reader, adventurer and observer.  Check it out!

Visit website about Baby Boomers

Information on Annuities

Annuities for Seniors?

We were contacted by the Seniors' Outreach Director at Annuity.org.  They came across StageofLife.com while browsing respected sites on elder care. 

For many, an annuity can be part of their financial portfolio for retirement. Annuities can help seniors build tax-deferred savings to handle retirement costs like healthcare and living expenses. But for those who find themselves caring for an aging loved one, the concept can be a bit intimidating.

Annuity.org has extensive information on the different types of annuities, the tax implications involved in owning one and why seniors are often targeted to buy annuities.  Here are a few resources that could be very useful for people in this life stage...

Visit website about annuities

Don't Pay Full Price for Dinner

Discounts on Applebee's and IHOP Gift Cards

StageofLife.com's educational mission is supported by Applebee's and IHOP.  As part of this special partnership, the restaurant brands provide a discount on their gift cards to acknowledge our digital literacy mission and support financial savings for our online community. 

The next time you're going out to breakfast or dinner, pick up some gift cards from Applebee's and IHOP first...and save some money!

Discounts on Applebee's and IHOP

Applebee's gift card discount   IHOP gift card discount

Grandkid Books

What books should I buy my grandkids?

Grandkid Books is an Amazon powered store dedicated to making the best reading recommendations for grandchildren.  If you're a grandparent looking for great prices and quality reading for your grandkids, then this is the one stop book shop for you. 

Explore this informative and price-friendly online book store tailored to Grandparents!

What Books Should I Buy My Grandkids?

Money Crashers
If you're retired - or approaching retirement age - now is a great time to review your portfolio to ensure you have enough in your retirement fund to be comfortable in your golden years. Money Crashers offers tips and strategies on a variety of topics related to retirement, including how to allocate money between your Roth IRA and 401k plan. And even if you're already retired, you can always learn new ways to save money, like learning simple strategies to save on groceries and extreme couponing.

Grandparents.com

Have you visited "the" site for Grandparents?

Grandparents.com:  StageofLife.com has partnered with Grandparents.com to bring you a special offer:   For a limited time, as a StageofLife.com reader or member, you can get one year of FREE membership in the Grandparents.com Benefits Club. 

Sign up and use promo code GPGIFT to get the Free membership (you may share this deal with family members as well).

If you're not familiar with Grandparents.com, they are dedicated to enhancing the lives of America's 70 million grandparents by fostering family connections, including child- and grandparent-friendly activities, travel ideas, compelling lifestyle features, expert advice, gift ideas, recipes, and more.

StageofLife.com is proud to welcome them as a partner for our members.

Grandparents.com Benefits Club

No-Cash Allowance

Teach your kids about money

WalnutRow.com:  For parents looking for solutions and ideas on how to help teach their children money management or tackle issues like giving an allowance, StageofLife.com whole-heartedly recommends WalnutRow.com.  This publisher/resource site believes that children can do many things that adults think are too complicated for them. They also believe that parents are extremely busy people and welcome books and materials that help them raise their children to be responsible adults.

Their first published book, The No-Cash Allowance, received the  Mom’s Choice Award in the parenting category. This book provides a real-life, hands-on financial education that a child cannot get in school or anywhere else. Parents are the best people to provide a financial education for a child as part of the growing up experience.

“Every parent can be successful when it comes to teaching their kids how to manage money,” according to Lynne L. Finch, award-winning author and allowance expert.

The No-Cash Allowance helps parents provide financial education at home in the most effective way to give kids real-life money management experience. Follow Lynne’s common sense approach to understanding kids and money.

LearntobeHealthy.org

Health Education and Wellness for K-12

LearntobeHealthy.org:  This amazing wellness and health education website is a must-visit for any parent or teacher interested in keeping children K-12 healthy.  Its award winning activities and content are mapped to state and national education standards.

There are free activities on the site as well as a yearly premium membership option that gives you access to over 150 lesson plans, games, web quests, and other activities dealing with health education topics ranging from mental health to nutrition to wellness to drugs to fitness and more. 

All proceeds from the premium membership go to support LearntobeHealthy.org's parent organization - the Susan P. Byrnes Health Education Center, a 501(c)(3) non-profit dedicated to keeping people active, healthy and WELL.  LearntobeHealthy.org Provides Health Educators, Families, and Kids Great Health Educational Tools!

Print Universal Goal Setting Worksheet

SilverPlanet.com

How to Find a Professional Geriatric Care Manager

SilverPlanet.com:  Silver Planet® helps Boomers guide their parents to age in place by providing services and products related to aging at home and housing options. Its Silver Advisors™ are professional geriatric care managers who provide phone consultations on preventing falls, navigating Medicare, evaluating senior driving challenges, and other issues Boomers must resolve while caring for an aging loved one. Silver Advisors clarify concerns, suggest a plan of action, help prioritize next steps, and furnish personalized written reports and recommendations. For a limited time, the first 15 minutes of selected consultations are free. Click here to learn more.

Silver Planet combines its personalized advisory services with relevant, high-quality content from nationally known speakers and authors, timely webinars, blogs, and senior scam alerts in one place, making it an essential resource for Boomers.

Find Grandparenting Resources

Mint.com

Free Budget Planning and Financial Management for Families

Mint.com:  Grandparents...you should tell your children and grandchildren about Mint.  We feel it's the best money management system one can use throughout their entire life.  And it's free.  Mint.com is a secure, online planner to help you budget and organize your family's finances while at the same time planning for life's financial milestones whether it be saving for your grandchildren's college education, buying or selling a new house, saving for a vacation, preparing for a new baby or looking ahead to retirement, etc. 

It takes about five to ten minutes to set up, and you can view all of your financial information in one place.  Money Magazine gives it a four-star rating and everyone from the New York Times to Good Morning America are raving about this free, simple, personal finance planner and money mangement tool. 

Stage of Life staff have tested it, use it and warmly recommend it.

Find Grandparenting Resources