I am thankful for this: I AM ME.

underthefryingpan
Well, there are a lot of things that I am thankful for but I am most thankful that I am me. I am thankful for everything I have and for everything I had experienced.

I am thankful that I am neither Megan Fox nor Audrey Hepburn. Because of that, I can appreciate the beauty of other women too. I am thankful that I am neither the class' smartest nor the dumbest. Because of that, I can enjoy and get high grades without peer pressure. I am thankful that I am neither a billionaire's nor a beggar's daughter. Because of that, I can afford to have all my necessities and a little bit of luxury but I know when not to splurge. I am thankful that I am neither too extrovert nor too introvert. Because of that, I am not shy to speak in public and communicate with others but I am also not too confident to say everything on my mind that I know might hurt someone's feelings. I am thankful that I am neither liberated nor old-fashioned. Because of that, I know how to enjoy my youth, how to party and have a good time with my friends but I know what is my limitation. I don't do drugs, I don't smoke and most of all I know how to take care and give importance to my purity. All right, I'm not happy about this but somehow I am thankful that this happen: I am thankful that I am from a broken family. I am thankful because of their separation I knew that my parents love me no matter what happen. I also learned how to value my family and learned my lesson that in the future, I should build my own family that will stick together through thick or thin. I am thankful that I have problems. Because of that, I became stronger and now ready to face whatever problems life would bring. Of course, I am thankful that God loves me. Not only me, but all of us. He guides us in our everyday lives. He gave us everything that we have and even though most of the time we forgot him, he never stop loving us unconditionally.

I have so many things to be thankful for. The sun, for giving warmth and light; water, for quenching our thirsts; food, for taking our hunger away; electricity, for making our everyday lives convenient; ice cream, for making me happy; my friends for always being there for me no matter what happen and my family, for loving me unconditionally.

That's the reason why I love and why I am thankful that I am me.

Your words show much wisdom and an openness and awareness of all that is around you! I especially like that you have watched the mistakes and stumbling of others and vowing to make the changes in your own life as to not have to endure the same mistakes! Great piece!
Posted: Wednesday, November 24, 2010 1:30:52 AM
Comment by faithanddreams

You're a very sensible person! I like the way you write. You can be one of the greatest writers someday! Keep it up! GOOD WORK! GOOD WORK!
Posted: Friday, December 17, 2010 12:27:46 AM
Comment by bugcandy

I'm the CEO for StageofLife.com.

We wanted to let you know that the essay you submitted above was one of the semi-finalists for our November college student writing contest.

Congratulations!

We look forward to reading more of your essays and obversations about life on the site!

Don't hesitate to Contact Us if you have any questions.

Eric

Eric Thiegs
CEO/President
Stage of Life
www.stageoflife.com
Posted: Monday, December 20, 2010 4:00:40 PM