Quotes about College Students

Quotes about college

Quotes about College and College Students

We have quotes about college to share from famous people, authors, and others who have a thing or too to say about college life.  We're also always on the look out for more quotes about college students, so if you know a famous line, saying, or quote about college and college life - share it with us by visiting our Contact Us page.  We'll review your college quotation and add it to this page.  Please make sure to include the source of the college quote, i.e. who said it.

Enjoy our selected quotes about college below!

And don't forget to check out the StageofLife.com quote pages for more life stages: quotes about high school, quotes about being single, etc.
Comment below – Share your thoughts and suggestions in our comment box.

Read Quotes about College Students

Famous lines and quotations about college... 

Quotes about College
“By making college unaffordable and student loans unbearable, we risk deterring our best and brightest from pursuing higher education and securing a good paying job."

--Mark Pocan

Quotes about College

“I'd compare college tuition to paying for a personal trainer at an athletic club. We professors play the role of the trainers, giving people access to the equipment (books, labs, our expertise) and after that, it is our job to be demanding."

--Randy Pausch

Quotes about College
“I'm going to college. I don't care if it ruins my career. I'd rather be smart than a movie star."

--Natalie Portman

Quotes about College

“My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors."

--Maya Angelou

Quotes about College

“You have four years to be irresponsible [in college], relax. Work is for people with jobs.  You'll never remember class time, but you'll remember the time you wasted hanging out with your friends. So stay out late. Go out with your friends on a Tuesday when you have a paper due on a Wednesday. Spend money you don't have. Drink 'til sunrise. The work never ends, but college does."

--Tom Petty

Quotes about College
“While I was (in college) I was exposed to this world that I didn't know was possible."

--Tom Hanks

Quotes about College
Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”

--Nelson Mandela

Quotes about College

“A college degree is the key to realizing the American dream, well worth the financial sacrifice because it is supposed to open the door to a world of opportunity.”

--Dan Rather

Quotes about College
“College is the best time of your life. When else are your parents going to spend several thousand dollars a year just for you to go to a strange town and get drunk every night?”

--David Wood

Quotes about College

“Every year, many, many stupid people graduate from college. And if they can do it, so can you.”

--John Green

Quotes about College

“For college seniors there should be a week of being allowed to cry. Just break down and cry because you are scared and don't know what's next.”

--Bill Cosby

Quotes about College

“College is a refuge from hasty judgment.”

--Robert Frost

Quotes about College

“I turned down a scholarship to Yale. The problem with college is that there's a tendency to mistake preparation for productivity. You can prepare all you want, but if you never roll the dice you'll never be successful.”

--Shia LaBeouf

Quotes about College  “College has given me the confidence I need to fail. ”

--Jarod Kintz, This Book Has No Title

Quotes about College “Here is a lesson in creative writing. First rule: Do not use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites representing absolutely nothing. All they do is show you've been to college.”

--Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

College Quote
 “Take a limitation and turn it into an opportunity. Take an opportunity and turn it into an adventure by dreaming BIG!”

--Jo Franz

College Quote
 “A lot of people want a shortcut. I find the best shortcut is the long way, which is basically two words: work hard.”

--Randy Pausch
, The Last Lecture

College Quote
 “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”

--Dr. Seuss
, Oh, the Places You'll Go!

College Quote  “I only want to write. And there's no college for that except life.”

--Dodie Smith, I Capture the Castle

College Quote  

"I'm going to college. I don't care if it ruins my career. I'd rather be smart than a movie star." 

--Natalie Portman

College Quote  “I was not use to that kind of hunger, even as a poor college student.”

--Julie Wenzel

College Quote  “If the college you visit has a bookstore filled with t-shirts rather than books, find another college.”

--R. Albert Mohler Jr.

College Quote

“If you tell folks you're a college student, folks are so impressed. You can be a student in anything and not have to know anything. Just say toxicology or marine biokinesis, and the person you're talking to will change the subject to himself. If this doesn't work, mention the neural synapses of embryonic pigeons.”

--Chuck Palahniuk

College Quote

"I was thrown out of college for cheating on the metaphysics exam; I looked into the soul of the boy sitting next to me."

--Woody Allen

College Quote  

"One sees clearly only with the heard. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Antoine de Saint-Exupery, The Little Prince

College Quote

"But maybe it's up the hills or under the leaves or in a ditch somewhere. Maybe it's never found. But what you find, whatever you find, is only part of the missing, and writing is the way the poet finds out what it is he found."

--Paul Engle

College Quote  

"Education is the best provision for life's journey."

--Aristotle

College Quote

"So we went to Atari and said, 'Hey, we've got this amazing thing, even built with some of your parts, and what do you think about funding us? Or we'll give it to you. We just want to do it. Pay our salary, we'll come work for you.' And they said, 'No.' So then we went to Hewlett-Packard, and they said, 'Hey, we don't need you. You haven't got through college yet.'"

--Steve Jobs

College Quote

"That's what college is for - getting as many bad decisions as possible out of the way before you're forced into the real world. I keep a checklist of 'em on the wall in my room."

--Jeph Jacques, Questionable Content

College Quote

"A college degree is not a sign that one is a finished product but an indication a person is prepared for life."

--Reverend Edward A. Malloy, Monk's Reflections

College Quote

"Fathers send their sons to college either because they went to college or because they didn't."

--L. L. Henderson

College Quote

"Don't think you are going to conceal thoughts by concealing evidence that they ever existed."

--Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890 - 1969)

Speech at Dartmouth College, June 14, 1953

College Quote

"Training is everything. The peach was once a bitter almond; cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education."

--Mark Twain (1835 - 1910), Pudd'nhead Wilson (1894)

College Quote

"Here is a lesson in creative writing. First rule: Do not use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites representing absolutely nothing. All they do is show you've been to college."

--Kurt Vonnegut (1922 - 2007), A Man without a Country

College Quote

"I've yet to be on a campus where most women weren't worrying about some aspect of combining marriage, children, and a career. I've yet to find one where many men were worrying about the same thing."

--Gloria Steinem

Suggest a Quote about College

Have a quote about college, college students or higher learning to share with us?  Include the source and...

Send it here.  Our editors will verify the information.

Your Quote Comments

What did you think about the college quotes above?  Do you have a quotes to share?  Tell us now...