If you're in college...

Must Visit Websites for College Students...you gotta check out these must visit websites and resources for college students.

Stage of Life is constantly sourcing the best must-visit websites and resources for college students.  Take a few moments and explore the below web destinations. 

You may just find something inspiring.  And if you have a resource for college students to suggest, please let us know.

Contact Stage of Life with a College Resource suggestion

Must Visit Websites for College Students

Don't Pay Full Price for Dinner

Discounts on Applebee's and IHOP Gift Cards

StageofLife.com's educational mission is supported by Applebee's and IHOP.  As part of this special partnership, the restaurant brands provide a discount on their gift cards to acknowledge our digital literacy mission and support financial savings for our online community. 

The next time you're going out to breakfast or dinner, pick up some gift cards from Applebee's and IHOP first...and save some money!

Discounts on Applebee's and IHOP

Applebee's gift card discount   IHOP gift card discount

Annual Graduation Speaker Contest

Own The Room - Graduation Speaker Contest

Partnering with Parade Magazine, Own the Room invites all Colleges and Universities to upload their Commencement Speeches, and all U.S. High Schools to upload their Valedictorian or Graduation Speeches and have people rate it along several criteria. 

Grand Prize Commencement Speech winner receives four certificates to attend an Own The Room training, and two High School Valedictorian or Graduation speeches win an iPad! The top ten in either category receive a Own The Room Spotlight Award and recognition on their website and Parade.com. 

Graduation Speaker Contest

Smart Option Student Loan by Sallie Mae

Recommended College Loans and Financing

Are you looking for the best way to finance college? StageofLife.com recommends exploring the Smart Option Student Loan program from Sallie Mae. 

The Smart Option Student Loan features and benefits include:

1. Choice of competitive fixed and variable interest rates providing more choice and flexibility
  2. No origination fees and no prepayment penalty
  3. Borrow up to 100% of school certified education costs (minimum $1,000)
  4. Multiple in-school repayment options available
  5. Borrower benefits available like rewards and interest rate reductions
  6. Rates that reward creditworthy borrowers
  7. Creditworthy cosigners may help you qualify and/or receive a lower rate
  8. 24/7 online account management of your loan.

The Smart Option Student Loan is an ideal solution to help pay for college expenses not covered by scholarships and federal loans...

College Loan Recommendations for Students

Study Abrad Tips and Advice

Top 10 Study Abroad Tips

StageofLife.com has crafted the Top 10 Study Abroad Tips that every student (and parent) should consider when exploring study abroad programs.  This special travel abroad section of Stage of Life also includes links to other study abroad resources.

Thinking about studying abroad...read our tips, advice and suggestions here first...

Study Abroad Recommendations for Students

Teach.com
As a premier, educational-resource, Stage of Life enjoys the privilege of working with some of the best teaching and education resource partners in the US.

If you're thinking about becoming a teacher, we recommend that you explore Teach.com.

It's is a comprehensive resource for information on becoming a great teacher in any state across the country. It provides state specific information on how to become a teacher, teacher salaries, teaching credentials, teacher certification tests, alternative teacher certification, and much more.

Their aim is to provide all the information necessary to become a teacher no matter where you live.

Money Crashers
With the cost of attending college continually rising, finding ways to finance your education and save money can be difficult. At Money Crashers, you can find the information you need on just about every topic related to attending college.

Whether it's finding ways to reduce your student loan debt, or the best places to purchase cheap textbooks, Money Crashers can help decrease your overall expenses. You can also find many other tips to improve your college life: for example, find out which money mistakes you should avoid during school, or the best affordable cars for college students.

Be the Match

Whether your a student, single adult, having a baby, or parent, being a bone marrow donor can save a life.  The National Marrow Donor Program® (NMDP) and  Be The Match Foundation® are nonprofit organizations dedicated to creating an opportunity for all patients to receive the bone marrow or umbilical cord blood transplant they need, when they need it. 

Seventy percent of people do not have a donor in their family and depend on our Be The Match Registry® to find a match to save their life.  As a leader in the field of marrow and cord blood transplantation, Be the Match, works every day to connect patients, doctors, donors and researchers to the resources they need.

One Stage of Life editor, Cece, told of her donation story in her editors piece. Click here to read her heart warming story on a Charity page.

No matter what your stage of life, take the time to give others a chance at life and donate with Be The Match.

Print Universal Goal Setting Worksheet

The International Dyslexia Association

StageofLife.com supports The International Dyslexia Association's (IDA) belief that all individuals have the right to achieve their potential (no matter what their stage of life), that individual learning abilities can be strengthened and that social, educational and cultural barriers to language acquisition and use must be removed.

The purpose of IDA is to pursue and provide the most comprehensive range of information and services that address the full scope of dyslexia and related difficulties in learning to read and write. . . In a way that creates hope, possibility, and partnership.

Whether you are an educator, parent or student, The International Dyslexia Association is a great resource.  Click below to visit their website.

Print Universal Goal Setting Worksheet

MyHero.com

What Makes a Hero?

MyHero.com:  StageofLife.com's September writing contest for students asked the question, "Who is your hero and why?"  We started getting responses to the hero question and realized that there might be other resources talking about and addressing the concept of heros in our lives.

That's when we found MyHero.com. 

MyHero.com is a visually rich resource with a mission to use media and technology to celebrate the best of humanity and to empower young people to realize their own potential to effect positive change in the world.  We encourage everyone to think about the heros in your lives and visit MyHero.com to participate in their international project.

Financial planning for teens

Mint.com

Free Budget Planning for College Students

Mint.com:  College students...discover the best FREE money management system you can use throughout your entire life.  Mint.com is a secure, online planner to help you organize and budget your finances while at the same time planinng for life's financial milestones whether it be living on your own, paying off college debt after graduation, starting a career, buying a new car or house, getting married, looking ahead to retirement, etc. 

It takes about five to ten minutes to set up, and you can view all of your financial information in one place.  Money Magazine gives it a four-star rating and everyone from the New York Times to Good Morning America are raving about this free, simple, personal finance planner and money mangement tool. 

Stage of Life staff have tested it, use it and warmly recommend it.

Money management resource

SimpleTuition.com

How Do I Find the Right Student Loan for College?

SimpleTuition.com:  Compare and sort student loans for college by what's important to you - interest rates, monthly payments, lender, and total cost of loan. You can compare student loans for up to 20 lenders and then apply for the ones that fit your needs.  Good credit is required.

College Loan Resources

Top Visited College Website

Colleges.com

Colleges.com is all about helping students make decisions about their education, whether its a trandtional four-year university or a career focused technical school.  They also feature information on scholorships, financial aid, and much more.  Submitted by Kate, a Stage of Life user and PR major at York College.

View College Resource

College Students - Consider the Environment

10 easy ways for students to save the environment!

Follow these ten to-do's to reduce your environmental impact while in college and live greener. You can start doing most of these today.  Submitted by Laura, a Stage of Life user and BS Environmental Science major at the University of Delaware.

View College Resource

Stage of Life Feature Article

12 Things to Do Before I Graduate!

This is a unique "Life List" for college students.  But is there a universal list of things every college student should do before he or she graduates?  Well...yes...we'd like to think so.  Stage of Life talked to college students and from this research, we found a few common themes surface.  We share this unique life list here...

Things to Do Before I Graduate

Staying Healthy in College

4 Tips on Staying Healthy and In-Shape during College

Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is a challenge that faces most college students. These tips, tricks, and helpful websites should help you stay healthy and in shape while you earn your degree.  Submitted by Stage of Life college intern, Laura.

View College Resource

Saving Money During College

How to Not Go Broke in College: 100 Tips, Tools, and Tricks

This list has a lot of information and tips (some serious and some humorous) along with links to great sites for how college students can save a buck or two.  It's a worthwhile resource to explore for 10 minutes.  Submitted and reprinted with permission by AssociateDegree.org

View College Resource