Negatives of Gaming

Negative Effects of Playing Video Games

While gaming provides a host of positive health benefits, it’s important to also note the possible negative effects if gaming habits aren’t monitored. Too much gaming can lead to sleep deprivation, neglected hygiene, poor nutritional habits, and postural issues if a player is not careful. In extreme cases, gaming can lead to social isolation and decreased school and job performance. It’s important to be aware of these risks to create a healthy balance between gaming, well-being, and responsibilities.

Other possible negatives include:
  • Adolescent exposure to mature themes (The ESRB rating system can prevent this)
  • Overactive behaviors
  • Suffering relationships
  • Headaches and eyestrain
  • Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
  • Lack of physical activity
Sources:
http://www.livestrong.com/article/278074-negative-effects-of-video-game-addiction/
http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/features/video-game-addiction-no-fun

What Do You Think?

Share Your Essay or RecommendationWith hundreds of thousands of students visiting StageofLife.com, take 15 minutes and submit a recommendation, review or essay of your own to encourage people to consider your point of view on a particular topic.  You may just inspire someone.

Find more Entertainment information for students on StageofLife.com
Explore more essays, statistics, review and information for teens and college students on Entertainment topics such as Comic Books & Graphic Novels, Video Games, Movies, Music, Books and more on StageofLife.com.

Contact Stage of LifeWhile you can add your own stories to StageofLife.com at any time, if you have ideas for new content, features or editorial topics for Stage of Life to add, don't hesitate to contact us.