Students and Video Games

Information about Video GamingVideo Games - Wide Spread Appeal for Students and Families

Video games are a part of life as we now know it.  Hate it or love it, it's true.  When we discovered that 67% of households play video games (according to ESRB.org), we assigned our college Editor, Nate DeRose, to investigate this ever growing medium and form of family entertainment.

This is Nate's StageofLife.com report...

Gaming Trends, Information and Statistics

Recommended Video GameVideo games have reached a widespread market, creating an industry whose popularity has surpassed even the film industry (some games cost more to make than a major motion film).  Gaming has evolved since its origins of pong and Pac-Man, moving from a solely entertaining medium to one that encompasses literary storytelling, artistic expression, online socializing, and even educational benefits.  It's fast becoming an activity that promotes creativity – from both the producers of the games and the consumers that play them.

Whether you play games as a family activity, or a way to relax at the end of the day, gaming is a fast-growing medium with benefits for all generations and stages of life - if obviously balanced with other aspects of your life such as reading, interpersonal communication, outside activity, etc.  Because yes, there are concerns from many about the violence in some games or the negative effects of too-much gaming. 

We'll address those topics too.

Share your gaming essay or storyContinue reading below to find out how gaming can positively affect your life by exploring our gaming benefits, dangers, trends, reviews, statistics, recommendations and more.  Finally, we look forward to your participation in this topic within the Stage of Life community.  Please share your story about gaming or video games (positive or negative) or contact us to submit topics we should add and discuss below.

Video Gaming Resources on StageofLife.comVideo Gaming Resources

I. Basic Information about Gaming
A. Benefits of Video Games
B. Negative Effects of Gaming
C. Statistics about Video Games
D. Gaming in the Business World
E. Recommended Video Games
II. Gaming Reviews
A. Video Game Reviews:  Read the personal reviews of our gaming-obsessed Editor, Nate DeRose.
1. Diablo 3
2. TBD
Share your Story, Review or Essay about GamingB. Guest Reviews:  We want to hear from you.  Do you have a video game that you'd like to review and submit to Stage of Life?  If so, submit your essay to Stage of Life using the Share Your Story links throughout the site.  Once it's uploaded, send us the link and we'll review for posting here.

What Do You Think?

Share Your Essay or RecommendationWith hundreds of thousands of students visiting StageofLife.com, take 15 minutes and submit a recommendation, review or essay of your own to encourage people to consider your point of view on a particular topic.  You may just inspire someone.

Find more Entertainment information for students on StageofLife.com
Explore more essays, statistics, review and information for teens and college students on Entertainment topics such as Comic Books & Graphic Novels, Video Games, Movies, Music, Books and more on StageofLife.com.

Contact Stage of LifeWhile you can add your own stories to StageofLife.com at any time, if you have ideas for new content, features or editorial topics for Stage of Life to add, don't hesitate to contact us.

Pick your Entertainment Category

Entertainment Music  Entertainment Movies  Entertainment Books  Entertainment Video Games  Entertainment Comic Books
 Music  Movies  Books  Video Games
Comic Books