Student Book Reviews

College Student Book Reviews

Welcome to Stage of Life’s book review page. Our college editor, Savannah Thorpe, is super excited to share her book reviews with everyone.

Savannah began posting her book reviews this past summer as an intern. She works at a local indie bookstore, and thought this would be a perfect complement to her job.

The page will be continuously updated as Savannah continues reading, and continues to share her thoughts on the books she has read. Most of them fall into the Young Adult genre, but she is open to all genres. Savannah loves books, and she tries to make her reviews as interesting as possible. Her reviews cover everything from the plot to the writing style and narrative techniques.

One last thing: As Savannah continues to populate this page with her own reviews, we would love to also include guest reviews. If you’ve read a great book and you would like to share your thoughts and opinions, submit your review and we will add it to the book reviews page.

“I hope you enjoy my reviews, support the authors, and write some of your own soon! Just remember: Readers are leaders.” --Savannah
Student Book Reviews

Take a look at her book reviews below:

1. Starstruck by Cyn Balog
  2. This Dark Endeavor by Kenneth Oppel
  3. The Visible Man by Chuck Klosterman
  4. Please Ignore Vera Deitz by A. S. King
  5. Where Things Come Back by John Corey Whaley
  6. Slammed by Colleen Hoover
  7. Barnaby Brocket by John Boyne
  8. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
  9. The End of Sex by Donna Freitas
  10. Life is Short Laundry is Eternal by Scott Benner
  11. Breasts: A Natural and Unnatural History by Florence Williams
  12. The Misadventures of Edgar and Allen Poe by Gordon McAlpine
  13. Firecracker by David Iserson
  14. No Crystal Stair by Vaunda Micheaux Nelson

Guests Reviews

Below are guest book reviews. Want to submit a guest review? Use the contact button below.

1. Escape from Mr. Lemoncello’s Library by Chris Grabenstein

Student Essays

After you've read our editor's book reviews, read some of the essays student's have submitted to StageofLife.com about their favorite books.

Share your Story, Review or Essay about BooksGuest Reviews:  We want to hear from you. Do you have a book that you'd like to review and submit to Stage of Life?  If so, submit your essay to Stage of Life using the Share Your Story links throughout the site.  Once it's uploaded, send us the link and we'll review for posting here.

What Do You Think?

Share Your Essay or RecommendationWith hundreds of thousands of students visiting StageofLife.com, take 15 minutes and submit a recommendation, review or essay of your own to encourage people to consider your point of view on a particular topic.  You may just inspire someone.

Find more Entertainment information for students on StageofLife.com
Explore more essays, statistics, review and information for teens and college students on Entertainment topics such as Comic Books & Graphic Novels, Video Games, Movies, Music, Books and more on StageofLife.com.

Contact Stage of LifeWhile you can add your own stories to StageofLife.com at any time, if you have ideas for new content, features or editorial topics for Stage of Life to add, don't hesitate to contact us.

Entertainment Resources - Music, Movies, Books, Video Games, & Comic Books

Entertainment Music  Entertainment Movies  Entertainment Books  Entertainment Video Games  Entertainment Comic Books
 Music  Movies  Books  Video Games
Comic Books