Photo Contest Results

Sept and October 2013 - Photo Contest Winner

View our winning photo submission (and the Runners Up) for our monthly Photo Contest!

Photo Contest Prompt:
  Capture a unique back to school or autumn/fall photo moment.  From Homecoming dances to the changing of the leaves to the kickoff of football season, there's a lot to celebrate as autumn falls upon us.  Please include a creative caption that describes the photo...after all...we are a writing, reading and blogging community too!

Photo Writing Contest Winner - StageofLife.com

Winner

First Place StageofLife.com Photo Winner - 2013 Sept and Oct.

CAPTION: 
"
Music makes my life better, and the world a more beautiful place. That's one thing music and autumn have in common, beauty. That's why in my photo I captured my guitar and the leaves of autumn."

1st Runner Up 

1st Runner Up - Photo Contest on StageofLife.com for Sept./Oct. 2013

CAPTION:
"This photograph depicts two South African boys enjoying the simple things in life, without the white noise of social media, new up-and-coming technological inventions and sirens of the everyday-city-life. This creates a strong contrast with the Lost Generation that they are and the domestic violence, rape and abuse that is commonly associated with South Africa."

2nd Runner Up

2nd Runner Up - Photo Contest on Stage of Life for Sept. and Oct. 2013

CAPTION:
"For this contest I would like to enter with a picture of my son. I took this shot and edited a bit for Halloween. For me autumn is strongly connected with Halloween."

Prize:

• First place winner will receive a $25 credit to use from StageofLife.com's photo contest sponsor, Snapfish by HP

Share your honors on Instagram @mystageoflife, or tweet your honors to @stageoflife

Return to Photo Contest Page

Photo Contest Archive

Enter Photo ContestsExplore our Photo Contests

Aside from being an award-winning writing community, StageofLife.com hosts a bi-monthly Photo Contest for the more visually inspired.  View the winning photos, captions, and details about our past Photo Contests below, or enter our current contest today...

Photo Contest Background

How creative can you be in one photo? Enter Stage of Life's Photo Contest!

Stage of Life Photo Contest Mascot - our office pugPhoto Contest Theme:  Similar to our writing contests, each month StageofLife.com provides a prompt from which the photos submitted to the photo contest must meet.

Deadline:  All photos must be submitted by the deadline stated on the main Photo Contest page.

Submissions
:
  1. You can submit your photo in two ways: Email your photo (two submissions allowed) and captions to [email protected] OR Tweet your submission to @stageoflife
  2. Your photo caption should be written in the body of the email or Tweet to which you attach your photo
  3. Follow us on Instagram (@mystageoflife) for inspiration, updates, and other miscellaneous photos!

Guidelines & Prizes:
  • Photo Contest Sponsor - Snapfish by HPFirst place winner will receive a $25 credit to use from StageofLife.com's photo contest sponsor, Snapfish by HP — where you can print your digital photos and create customized gifts using your favorite photos.  Snapfish by HP should be your first and only stop for great photo deals and photo gifts!
  • Must be 14 to enter photo contest.
  • If you are pictured in the photo and win, we will ask for your permission to publicly post the photo here on the Photo Contest section of StageofLife.com
  • Have fun with this.  Be creative!  Remember, a picture is worth 1,000 words!
  • The top 3 pictures will be selected at the end of the thirty day period and notified via email and posted to our Instagram and Twitter.  The winner will receive the $25 Snapfish certificate.
  • We will post the winning and runner-up pictures on StageofLife.com on or after the 15th of the following month.
  • Please, no foul or inappropriate language/themes/pictures.

Submit your picture and caption to [email protected] or Tweet it now to enter!