Mother's Day

Mother's Day gift ideasStatistics about Mother’s Day

Mother’s Day is a celebration honoring mothers around the world.  Below you'll find some special gift ideas and discounts for Mother's Day!  Before you buy that special gift for Mom, consider these statistics about Moms and Mother's Day...

• There are an estimated 85.4 million mothers in the United States.
    Source: Survey of Income and Program Participation, unpublished tabulations
  • Over half of all women between 15 and 50 years old (53%) who were mothers in 2010.
    Source: Fertility of American Women
  • 81% of women had become mothers by age 40 to 44 as of 2010.  Compare that to 90% of women in that age group who had given birth in 1976.
    Source: Fertility of American Women: 2010
  • 94% of the 37.8 million mothers today live with their biological children only. 3% of Moms lived with any stepchildren, 2% with adopted children, and less than 1 percent of Moms live with foster children.
    Source: Living Arrangements of Children: 2004
  • The average age of woman giving birth in the US for the first time is 25.1 years old. 
    Source: National Center for Health Statistics
  • 27.3% of mothers have a bachelor's degree or higher.  Among US states, New Hampshire had the highest percentage of recent mothers in this category with 48%.
    Source: Fertility of American Women: 2008

Mlother's DayWhile the discounts below will help you save money, don't forget to give your Mother the best gift possible - tell her you love her.  Consider honoring her with a blog or essay here on StageofLife.com to share a memory (or your personal story) about what makes your Mom special. 

Share your Memory or your Story about your Mom.