Health & Wellness - Feature Article

Finding happinessFinding Happiness

by Kristen Cornelis, StageofLife.com Health & Wellness Feature Blogger

Whether it is a friend, a pet, or even an inanimate object that makes you happy, stick with it. Most of the time people take for granted many of these things and tend to overlook them or even lose them in the end. Whether you are a people person, pet person, or tend to stick with objects that are lifeless, it is up to you.

1. Do people make you happy?

You don’t need to be a dependent person to know when interacting with others makes you feel better. Many people need to interact in order to express themselves through talking, singing, crying – whatever it may be. People are needed to help soothe pain, support feelings, or even just to be around. Being a people-person for many means not being alone and having the option to lean on someone else when you need them.

2. Do you find peace being around animals?

Since animals have the ability to love people unconditionally and never speak in return, it is easier for some people to turn to animals when they need to feel happy. Animals have the ability to know when you aren’t feeling well, just like people do, but they offer a different kind of support – simply by being there for you to love and to hold without having to explain what your feeling.

3.  Do "things" make you feel better?

If people make you crazy and you don’t like being around animals, maybe objects that surround you make you happy and you don’t even realize it. For some people, putting their passion into their cars makes them feel better at the end of the day. For others it can be music - turning to an iPod or music video to help take the stress. If you catch yourself at ease or even grinning to the thought of an object that you turn to for happiness, then stick with it!

Everyone has their own way of finding what makes them happy but unfortunately some people don’t consider their way of happiness to be real or worthy. Don’t think that way because if it makes you happy, it’s working and that’s all you need.

If you have tips for finding happiness that you want to share? Please Share Your Story on StageofLife.com now

Share your Story on StageofLife.com

Read more Health & Wellness Literacy articles from StageofLife.com

Contact StageofLife.com - Health & Wellness articlesWe are always looking for helpful feature articles from health & wellness experts and bloggers about topics that can help our writing members and our readers live happier, healthier lives.  StageofLife.com is an award-winning blogging and education community dedicated to helping make the world a better place, one story at a time.

If you have an article you'd like to contribute to the Stage of Life Health & Wellness section, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Information for Life - Health & Wellness Menu

Free Health & Wellness Resources

Below you'll find 10 Health & Wellness areas that everyone, no matter what stage of life you're in, should take some time to read and explore.  Our series of articles, tips, and information was designed with one mission...to help you live a healthier, happy life.

Body Resources1.  Body Resources - Feature Articles

Contact StageofLife.comAre you interested in writing and contributing a feature article to our health & wellness body resources section?  Contact Us

Mind Resources - StageofLife.com2.  Mind Resources - Feature Articles

Contact StageofLife.comAre you interested in writing and contributing a feature article to our health & wellness mind resources section?  Contact Us

Food Resources3.  Food Resources - Feature Articles

Contact StageofLife.comAre you interested in writing and contributing a feature article to our health & wellness food resources section?  Contact Us

4.  Free Fitness ResourcesFree Fitness Resources

Contact StageofLife.comDo you have other free health & wellness resources we should consider adding?  Contact Us

5.  Health & Wellness BloggersHealth & Wellness Bloggers

StageofLife.com recommends reading or following the below bloggers.  They have a lot of great information coming out each day about fitness, food, and other health & wellness topics...
  • Danielle: Eat Well, Live Well
    http://colombod2.wordpress.com/
    Her goal is to educate her readers on important nutrition related topics – eating well to living well.
  • Jamie
    http://inspirationlush.com/
    Jamie is an author and screenwriter living in Los Angeles. She shares stories, pictures, and videos about inspiration in our everyday lives.
Contact StageofLife.comDo you know other health & wellness bloggers we should consider adding?  Contact Us

Health & Wellness Topics of Conversation6.  Topics of Health & Wellness Conversation:

Contact StageofLife.comAre you interested in writing and contributing a feature article to our health & wellness "topics of conversation" section?  Contact Us

Must Visit Health & Wellness Websites7.  Websites to Help Keep You and Your Family Motivated, Happy, and Healthy:

• Children & Nature Network: An organization built around the concept of getting our children outdoors and connecting with nature.
  • Happiness Project: Gretchen Rubin is the author of several books, including the #1 New York Times and international bestseller, The Happiness Project—an account of the year she spent test-driving the wisdom of the ages, the current scientific studies, and the lessons from popular culture about how to be happier.
  • Project Happiness: Project Happiness is dedicated to inspiring and empowering people with resources to create greater happiness within themselves and the world
  • Map My Run: A website and app that will track and map your running routes.
  • Shape Up America: Committed to raising awareness of obesity as a health issue and to providing responsible information on healthy weight management
  • LearntobeHealthy.org:  An incredibly rich health & wellness learning site for families, children, and schools.
  • K-mae Cags: Personal trainer for Rise Above Fitness
  • WellBeingGPS: Videos, information and resources on living a holistic, healthy life
  • Spirituality & Health: A website that focuses on the health of body, mind, and spirit
  • Outside Magazine Online: Active-lifestyle and adventure-travel magazine
  • The Betty Rocker: Bree Argetsinger, AKA The Betty Rocker has dedicated her life to fitness, looking and feeling fantastic everyday. Her goal is Living Awesome, finding Optimal Health, and always seeking your Edge.
  • Fit Men Cook: This website shares endless healthy recipes for people to read and share their own as well.
  • Baristi Workout: Baristi is a group of people dedicated to fitness all around the world that follow a "No Excuses" mentality to improve their health, fitness and appearance in their own unique way.
  • Rachel Brathen: This yoga website is meant to help peope build a balanced lifestyle. Rachel is one of the first people in the world to do yoga on a paddle board instead of a mat.
  • Wellness by Tess: This website takes on a different view according to the healthy lifestyle. Tess believes in the Paleo diet - the hunter-gatherer or the caveman diet that doesn't involve food colorings, processed foods or carcinogens.
  • StageofLife.com (of course!)
Contact StageofLife.comDo you have other health & wellness websites we should consider adding?  Contact Us

StageofLife.com - Health & Wellness on Instragram8.  Health & Wellness Photo Inspiration on Instagram:

• Mankofit – Massy - personal trainer living in New York City
  • Kmaecags – Krissy Mae Cags - personal trainer from Nevada and the creator of BAMFit
  • D_Stinto – Dennis - personal trainer and representative of the Baristi Workout Calisthenics Team
  • Progressive_Calisthenics – Kenneth Gallarzo - bodyweight training specialist at Rise Above Fitness
  • Brandanschieppati – Brandan Schieppati - personal trainer and owner of Rise Above Fitness
  • Chels_xfit_prx – Chelsea Lewis - owner and coach at Crossfit PRx
  • Fitfreak_chelsea - Chelsea - college “gym rat” studying to become a physical therapist
Contact StageofLife.comDo you know other photo-inspired health & wellness nuts on Instagram that we should list?  Contact Us

Health & Wellness Videos9.  Recommended Health & Wellness Educational Videos

Contact StageofLife.comDo you have health & wellness videos we should consider adding?  Contact Us

Gym membership discounts on StageofLife.com10.  Health & Wellness Discounts - Saving Money While Living Healthy

Stage of Life has set up an entire program of coupons and money saving discounts for its readers, bloggers and members.  Visit our free My Life Rewards program to explore special offers from our national merchant partners who support the Stage of Life member community with special health & wellness offers and discounts...

StageofLife.com - Health and Wellness discounts