Health & Wellness - Feature Article

Health & Wellness Feature Article - StageofLife.comChoosing Between an Endless List of Workouts

by Kristen Cornelis, StageofLife.com Health & Wellness Feature Blogger

Sometimes it is difficult to find a workout that best suites you. You want to try them all but you aren’t sure what you’re getting yourself into. Here are some workouts that are offered to people of every age, how they help you handle stress and feel good at the same time.

Yoga

This exercise is used as a form of physical therapy for thousands of people. As a slower and more gentile form of working out, yoga helps heal the body and relieve stress throughout by stretching and focusing on breathing tactics. By meditating and breathing throughout each stretch, the body is able to relax and let go of any tension it may be feeling.

Pilates

Similar to yoga, Pilates helps to create flexibility and increase muscle strength throughout the body. Since yoga and Pilates focus on finding a strong core to balance on, both exercises find a neutral purpose of coordination. Pilates differs in a way that strengthens your entire body and uses separated tactics to help target each individual muscle.

Spin

Spinning classes are an indoor cycling exercise for people who want to burn calories and train during the off-season. These classes are done in studio rooms filled with energizing music to help motivate cyclists. Individual levels of intensity vary from rider to rider. By pedaling slower or faster, you control how strong your cardio workout can be.

Zumba

Dance your troubles away during a zumba workout! Zumba has been created as a dance fitness program to help men and women get in shape using aerobic methods of fitness. Classes are filled with fast and slow tempos of music to get the body moving and make you work hard. Zumbathons have been integrated into famous concerts, bringing together music and fitness all at once.

Kickboxing

Classes that involve kickboxing are put together using different techniques spanning from martial arts to kicking and punching. Kickboxing is a great way to relieve anger by using a dummy or a punching bag to hit and strike. These classes are taught by an instructor to help motivate and guide the class.

Running

When it comes to running, you can do it alone or with a group of people. You can go wherever you want, without a limit to your workout routine. The best thing about running is that you don’t need any guidance to do it, simply put on your sneakers and run at your own pace. If you feel overwhelmed or tired, slow down and walk for a few minutes. Running is a cardio workout meant to help people get in shape and lose weight if needed. When it comes to stress, running helps to take the your mind off of everyday problems and focus on the trail.

Lifting Weights

Some people have no desire to participate in high-intensity workouts that include fast paced routines. Lifting weights builds muscles in the body and helps increase strength as well. When it comes to lifting, it is gravely important for people to gradually move up in weight levels to avoid injuries.

If you have other stretching tips we should add to this list, or any questions or comments, please Contact Us

Read more Health & Wellness Literacy articles from StageofLife.com

Contact StageofLife.com - Health & Wellness articlesWe are always looking for helpful feature articles from health & wellness experts and bloggers about topics that can help our writing members and our readers live happier, healthier lives.  StageofLife.com is an award-winning blogging and education community dedicated to helping make the world a better place, one story at a time.

If you have an article you'd like to contribute to the Stage of Life Health & Wellness section, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Information for Life...

Free Health & Wellness Resources

Below you'll find 10 Health & Wellness areas that everyone, no matter what stage of life you're in, should take some time to read and explore.  Our series of articles, tips, and information was designed with one mission...to help you live a healthier, happy life.

Body Resources1.  Body Resources - Feature Articles

Contact StageofLife.comAre you interested in writing and contributing a feature article to our health & wellness body resources section?  Contact Us

Mind Resources - StageofLife.com2.  Mind Resources - Feature Articles

Contact StageofLife.comAre you interested in writing and contributing a feature article to our health & wellness mind resources section?  Contact Us

Food Resources3.  Food Resources - Feature Articles

Contact StageofLife.comAre you interested in writing and contributing a feature article to our health & wellness food resources section?  Contact Us

4.  Free Fitness ResourcesFree Fitness Resources

Contact StageofLife.comDo you have other free health & wellness resources we should consider adding?  Contact Us

5.  Health & Wellness BloggersHealth & Wellness Bloggers

StageofLife.com recommends reading or following the below bloggers.  They have a lot of great information coming out each day about fitness, food, and other health & wellness topics...
  • Danielle: Eat Well, Live Well
    http://colombod2.wordpress.com/
    Her goal is to educate her readers on important nutrition related topics – eating well to living well.
  • Jamie
    http://inspirationlush.com/
    Jamie is an author and screenwriter living in Los Angeles. She shares stories, pictures, and videos about inspiration in our everyday lives.
Contact StageofLife.comDo you know other health & wellness bloggers we should consider adding?  Contact Us

Health & Wellness Topics of Conversation6.  Topics of Health & Wellness Conversation:

Contact StageofLife.comAre you interested in writing and contributing a feature article to our health & wellness "topics of conversation" section?  Contact Us

Must Visit Health & Wellness Websites7.  Websites to Help Keep You and Your Family Motivated, Happy, and Healthy:

• Children & Nature Network: An organization built around the concept of getting our children outdoors and connecting with nature.
  • Happiness Project: Gretchen Rubin is the author of several books, including the #1 New York Times and international bestseller, The Happiness Project—an account of the year she spent test-driving the wisdom of the ages, the current scientific studies, and the lessons from popular culture about how to be happier.
  • Project Happiness: Project Happiness is dedicated to inspiring and empowering people with resources to create greater happiness within themselves and the world
  • Map My Run: A website and app that will track and map your running routes.
  • Shape Up America: Committed to raising awareness of obesity as a health issue and to providing responsible information on healthy weight management
  • LearntobeHealthy.org:  An incredibly rich health & wellness learning site for families, children, and schools.
  • K-mae Cags: Personal trainer for Rise Above Fitness
  • WellBeingGPS: Videos, information and resources on living a holistic, healthy life
  • Spirituality & Health: A website that focuses on the health of body, mind, and spirit
  • Outside Magazine Online: Active-lifestyle and adventure-travel magazine
  • The Betty Rocker: Bree Argetsinger, AKA The Betty Rocker has dedicated her life to fitness, looking and feeling fantastic everyday. Her goal is Living Awesome, finding Optimal Health, and always seeking your Edge.
  • Fit Men Cook: This website shares endless healthy recipes for people to read and share their own as well.
  • Baristi Workout: Baristi is a group of people dedicated to fitness all around the world that follow a "No Excuses" mentality to improve their health, fitness and appearance in their own unique way.
  • Rachel Brathen: This yoga website is meant to help peope build a balanced lifestyle. Rachel is one of the first people in the world to do yoga on a paddle board instead of a mat.
  • Wellness by Tess: This website takes on a different view according to the healthy lifestyle. Tess believes in the Paleo diet - the hunter-gatherer or the caveman diet that doesn't involve food colorings, processed foods or carcinogens.
  • StageofLife.com (of course!)
Contact StageofLife.comDo you have other health & wellness websites we should consider adding?  Contact Us

StageofLife.com - Health & Wellness on Instragram8.  Health & Wellness Photo Inspiration on Instagram:

• Mankofit – Massy - personal trainer living in New York City
  • Kmaecags – Krissy Mae Cags - personal trainer from Nevada and the creator of BAMFit
  • D_Stinto – Dennis - personal trainer and representative of the Baristi Workout Calisthenics Team
  • Progressive_Calisthenics – Kenneth Gallarzo - bodyweight training specialist at Rise Above Fitness
  • Brandanschieppati – Brandan Schieppati - personal trainer and owner of Rise Above Fitness
  • Chels_xfit_prx – Chelsea Lewis - owner and coach at Crossfit PRx
  • Fitfreak_chelsea - Chelsea - college “gym rat” studying to become a physical therapist
Contact StageofLife.comDo you know other photo-inspired health & wellness nuts on Instagram that we should list?  Contact Us

Health & Wellness Videos9.  Recommended Health & Wellness Educational Videos

Contact StageofLife.comDo you have health & wellness videos we should consider adding?  Contact Us

Gym membership discounts on StageofLife.com10.  Health & Wellness Discounts - Saving Money While Living Healthy

Stage of Life has set up an entire program of coupons and money saving discounts for its readers, bloggers and members.  Visit our free My Life Rewards program to explore special offers from our national merchant partners who support the Stage of Life member community with special health & wellness offers and discounts...

StageofLife.com - Health and Wellness discounts