Questions and Stories about Living On Your Own

Singles blog on StageofLife.comRead Stories About Being Single

Listed below is the compilation of the questions and stories that singles have shared on StageofLife.com.  Some of these essays were submitted as a response to our national writing contest for singles. Topics of these blog posts by singles range from dating, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between.

Share Your Story on StageofLife.comDo you have a dating story or experience about living on your own to share? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Living On Your Own Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Wellness & Health

I’m at the mall, enjoying my favorite brewery / burger place. I’ve finished the chapter of my book. I’ve been reading books by blind authors for several months in an attempt to increase both my knowledge of blindness issues and my awareness of the visually impaired community. A reoccurring, fundamental principle of life shouts its truth through the pages of these memoirs: the more we learn about our differences, the more we discover how much we’re alike. On occasion, in my normally comfo

With my crazy work hours and busy social life (Only one of those is true) it’s really difficult to find time to exercise. I could be finishing work at 10pm and then starting my next shift at 11.30am the following day (That doesn’t sound all that bad, but you gotta remember I don’t finish work and then straight away collapse into a deep sleep. I drive home. I eat dinner. I have a glass of wine. I wrestle Luke to keep him awake, because I’m awake. I watch Tv. By the time I go to bed it’s like 1.3

Jonah Hill, Oprah Winfrey, Kelly Osbourne, Christian Bale, Renee Zellweger… Aren’t their examples enough for your inspiration? Do you wish to know how fast they manage to gain extra weight for particular roles, and then immediately lose it without any special efforts? Some of the hints may sound weird and do not work for everybody. But some are really wise and useful. Read them to balance your lifestyle and keep fit.

Are you gone mad about 21 Jump Street star Channing Tatum? Forget

About a girl who was told to describe herself and chose to write about it instead.

Disclaimer: This story is not based on me, and could be triggering. Also this story is not finished and is a start to a short story. I am only sharing this story to get feedback on if I should continue it or not.

Start story below:

-Me-

Sometimes I wonder what no, correction, I always wonder what my future will come to be. Will I marry someone from my hometo

Everyone is an actor. We may not realize it, but we do our fair share of acting on a daily basis. The person taking your coffee order asks you how you are today. You answer "fine" even though you're dying inside. Your parent or significant other ask you how your day was. You say "good" or "okay" without really stopping to think. Sure, some parts of it may have been "good" or "okay" but surely not all of it. Or was it?

Everything happens for a reason. There is not a single leaf that f

I've played with the idea of entering one of these writing contest before, but I don't have too many interesting personal experiences to share. However, if anything in my life is interesting, it's my dog Max and so I decided to tell you a little bit about him and one of his many talents.

Max is an eleven year old, twenty-five pound, Cocker Spaniel. He has big, brown eyes, and a thick, shiny, black coat. He's an extraordinarily beautiful dog, and I'm not just saying that because he is

For adult children, taking the step of moving out of the house, whether it’s to go away to college, get married, or start a career of their own, is a little nerve-racking, but mostly exciting. It’s a new adventure and one most kids take on eagerly as they finally achieve that independence they’ve been craving.

Move-out day has a different meaning for parents, however, especially when the last child moves away. Yes, they’re excited for their children and ready to see them succeed, and

He was supposed to have been in the prime of his golden years. A man who lived 76 years of his life by the rules of simplicity and the strictures of caring for one's own health…that man was not supposed to be afflicted by the tragedy about to unfold. Yet, such is reality…that we are all one day plucked out of existence in spite of all virtues we have to offer.

Hailing from the south Indian State of Kerala I am supposed to be one among its 30 million inhabitants who relishes the aqua

If your allergic to Birds you should not be reading this. I have a bird her name is sweeteie I got her from a bird shelter. She had a broken wing, foot, and a broken beak. It took years for her to adapet to her life style. I had to skip second grade to take care of her I;m in fith grade now. I had to do that because if you want have a bird you have to give he or she lots of attention. Because if you do not give your bird lots of attention he or she will be really depressed! Your bird will bi

If there’s one thing a woman doesn’t want to do is feel a foreign object where there was never one before. It’s creepy, somehow. It’s like, hey, you weren’t there last week, and now you are? But, nevertheless, this foreign object was on the outer aspect of my left breast. The dreaded lump. It’s amazing how one little word, and a funny sounding one at that, can inspire such dread and foreboding. A lump. I have a lump. It could mean anything! You bump your head, you get a lump. A bunch of cash is

<<Prev  2 of 12    Next>>