Questions and Stories about Living On Your Own

Singles blog on StageofLife.comRead Stories About Being Single

Listed below is the compilation of the questions and stories that singles have shared on StageofLife.com.  Some of these essays were submitted as a response to our national writing contest for singles. Topics of these blog posts by singles range from dating, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between.

Share Your Story on StageofLife.comDo you have a dating story or experience about living on your own to share? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Living On Your Own Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Social Etiquette

Be the change... This three word phrase is such a big and heavy word to process uttered by my boss. I am currently working in a government school here in the Philippines. I am a newbie here. I am not familiar with the system yet.
As days, weeks and months pass by, I am starting to see the real picture of the field I've chosen to serve. There are so many loopholes, flaws and imperfections that really demotivates me to become a better teacher.
There were teachers who are senior alread

Looking forward into the future I am going to change the world very significantly. First to do that though, I will have to start with myself. I have really got to step it up and get to work. What I need to do is really straight forward. I got to just stay in school and focus on nothing else besides my grades. I mean the sooner that I can get to college and get the degree for the counseling field is when change would start to happen. I would start with one person and move to the next. When I am

Living thousands of kilometres away from your only loved one in a big bad city can be tricky. Skype can help you see your Mom's face on your phone no matter how distorted. Hangouts can give a better quality on phone but sometimes just few diagonal lines. But for these fifty year olds getting a hang of the app world, you see how their world crashes down when they can't have whatsapp!

A year younger than my Mom, my land lady's caretaker, Aladin's Ginee, has been asking me, 'Tanu! who's

I sat in the center of the downtown restaurant, facing the front, which was a solid glass wall; a giant window through which my eyes caught hold of sidewalk passersby, both casually clad in t-shirt and shorts as well as the professional dress of suits and ties. Through the nonchalant flow of foot traffic, my eyes drove into the street where the metallic glare of the blue-striped street car stretched its slow, shimmering streak across my affixed plane of vision. Across the three lan

In the first grade, I had a teacher who helped me meet my best friend in the whole world. She made an impact on my life by making me partners with my friend who changed my life for the better.

About a girl who was told to describe herself and chose to write about it instead.

Disclaimer: This story is not based on me, and could be triggering. Also this story is not finished and is a start to a short story. I am only sharing this story to get feedback on if I should continue it or not.

Start story below:

-Me-

Sometimes I wonder what no, correction, I always wonder what my future will come to be. Will I marry someone from my hometo

Loneliness is a word with a deep meaning where there is no going back once you understand it, life is so short in a blink of an eye it’s all gone, treasure it and treat every day as if it was your last.
About two years ago Marry Jane was a normal girl with a normal life living happy with her family and friends but you never know whqts gonnq happen perhaps a perfect life could turn into a nightmare, one day Marry Jane disobeyed her parents and went into a party with her friend behind thei

On Easter Sunday my grandfather unexpectedly passed away. He had been in declining health and he had called a sister to say "I'm not doing well." To him, it was exactly the way he wanted to go: in his home. To me, it's devastating because there was no last chance to say goodbye.

As the week went on, I tried to smile every now and again. I avoided the question "How are you?" I begged friends to get together and I shopped for a funeral dress. I prepared for the wake and funeral. I wan

omg!!she is so pretty ....!! is a common lie said by every girl.WE are so selfish! aren't we?.we cant hear good about anyone but can speak bad about anyone at our level best.no matter how much we decline this fact but the truth is that we judge people on the basis of their appearance.We hate people with bad looks and make them feel inferior.none of us is bad at looks that's why Elmo is red and cookie monster is blue and still cute.we all are god gifted and special i

“Could we please have our check?”

It’s funny because I have been in some terribly powerless situations, but waiting tables always comes out on top.

Both customers and waiters have thousands of horror stories to share, I’m sure. However, when the word powerlessness comes to my mind, this memory always comes up.

I worked at a crappy (there is no better adjective) restaurant for several years. I never knew who would show up to work, so I’d often