Questions and Stories about Living On Your Own

Singles blog on StageofLife.comRead Stories About Being Single

Listed below is the compilation of the questions and stories that singles have shared on StageofLife.com.  Some of these essays were submitted as a response to our national writing contest for singles. Topics of these blog posts by singles range from dating, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between.

Share Your Story on StageofLife.comDo you have a dating story or experience about living on your own to share? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Living On Your Own Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Safety

I have been working at a popular restaurant as a server. Oftentimes, I patiently wait on the elderly. I help them with the door, choosing their food choices, and helping them with their trays to the dining tables. It is a very rewarding job with some really good management. Even though I have not worked there long, I feel like part of the family. There are folks in management, cashiers, dishwashers, servers, and cooks. Knowing that I made someone's day by providing them a comfortable expe

“Riiiiing!!!!!” the dismissal bell cries out. I go to the back door of the school to wait for my sister for five minutes. After she got there, we started to walk, but as we walked, people started saying “hi” and “bye” to the teacher. Twenty minutes later, we were more than half way from our house, until suddenly my sister looks at me and said, “Look Oscar, that blind man is trying to cross the street vroom!!!!” Cars were passing us like racing cars, and I looked back to my sister and asked, “Sh

just because go with it and it will all work out

SIKE!

Whenever you see someone for the first time, you notice their appearance. Whenever you see them often, you notice that they have scars and when you get to know them you feel their scars. Everyone has a story and they have the scars to prove it. Scars are like a book lying on the surface of a human, ready to be summarized and shown off to the world. The scars I have are invisible, They aren't on display, people don't see what my past did to me and this is where my story begins.

Once upon a time, there was a young girl named Bethanny, she was riding her four-wheeler. This young girl did not know how to drive a four-wheeler. Bethanny did not know that she was going to fast, she did not even see a rock on the road, but Bethanny kept on going. Bethanny hit the rock and flew over the handle bars and landed in the gutter with a piece of metal sticking out of her knee, she was unconscious for three hours. She was picked up by a ambulance and life-flighted to the nearest hosp

I was 9 when it first happened, the feeling of emptiness, of being alone when I tell the lies to my mother, she never suspected what was really happening when I put these scars on my arm, my legs, even on my fists. But they were always hidden, I never wanted her to find out, for anyone to find out, it was my cross to carry, she already had to much trouble going on in her life and I was young thinking if I didn't tell her what was happening it would protect her. Because to a young girl when moms

This poem is for a peaceful but meaningful protests and movement. To make others notice that our justice system is failing to correctly protect citizens. It's time that we make a change and take a stand for what we believe in. To make sure that our future and future generations will be great and proud to live in a peaceful and righteous nation we call The United States of America.

life isnt always pixie dust and rainbows. there are times of sarrow and distress. growing up people tell you its fun and your childhood is supose to be the best time of your life. in some casses yes but others its not. i guess it depend on your enviorment. here in baltimore its ok i guess. but its always something. someone got shot, stabbed, got locked up or died. growing up alot of people in my neighborhood was in and out of jail. 2 of my friends are serving life sentances. i know five people

Hi I'm Aly and I'm 19, I have schizophrenia,depression,bipolar, and borderline personality disorder. Yes I have all that. This is my story. I was in and out of hospitals since I was 14. I was hospitalized 10 times. I have really bad episodes where I cut myself scream and break things. I don't mean to but I do. I have been on every medication imaginable. I currently take 12 pills a day. No one knows how to help me. I am so tired of being a statistic. I am always scared and confused. I have trie

Throughout history, the Juvenile Dependency Courts have gradually evolved to become the convoluted and destructive corner in the Superior Courts; at least, one has to believe that the Dependency/ Child Welfare Courts that now span nationwide, at first originated with the real and true Best Interests of the Child at heart. That is most certainly NOT what drives the Department of Family & Children’s Services today, despite the fact that this agency is only in existence as a means of executing and

<<Prev  2 of 5    Next>>