Questions and Stories about Living On Your Own

Singles blog on StageofLife.comRead Stories About Being Single

Listed below is the compilation of the questions and stories that singles have shared on StageofLife.com.  Some of these essays were submitted as a response to our national writing contest for singles. Topics of these blog posts by singles range from dating, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between.

Share Your Story on StageofLife.comDo you have a dating story or experience about living on your own to share? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Living On Your Own Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Relationships

I am annoyed that on several occasions my boyfriend has expected me to sit in the backseat so one of his daughters can sit in the front seat of the car.

The Secret of Happiness: A Life with Many Loved Ones
Happiness comes from many different things from many different people. In my life and from what I have experienced, the secret to happiness is a life filled with many loved ones. My family has been through some really hard times in the past year but with the love and support of each other, we always make it.
My family is the most important thing to me, above school and even athletics. In my life, my family has alwa

It’s not easy playing a part that you’re not. Everyone in their life pretends to be something their not. This causes confusion about who you really are. One day you will break down and tell everyone. There is an amazing story to go with this.

I grew up into a family where you were taught being homosexual was not appropriate. This made me stray away from it. When I was about 10, I started to become interested in males and less in females. I was always taught that this was wrong,

My ex an I have been divorced for less than a year. To say our marriage was horrible would be an understatement... My aunt was aware of this fact. I was extremely close to my grandfather and wanted this chance to relax an share stories with my extended family. My ex wife has stayed close to my aunt bonded by their common hatred of my mother who my aunt did not invite. My ex wife has refused to come to any of my side of the families function for over 6 years so she hasn't seen my grandfathe

So one of my relatives has this "boyfriend." Who she loves so much! But..he's psycho. He's lived half his life in prison and once he was free, he continued where he started before prison. Everything seems okay but it's not. My relative is in an abusive relationship, physically and mentally. I'm scared for her because she chooses not to see it. I finally stood up for her.. against him. But he knows where I live and said he was coming after me. Did I do the right thing?

When life gives you a dream so far beyond your expectations.It is not reasonable to cry when it comes to an end.

I lived the life of a millionaire with money floating around me. I had friends or I at least thought I did.The thing is I was not the most loved person in my community everyone thought I was a spoiled kid (I was rich not spoiled).

People never wanted me around their children, They never realized I was lonely.My parents never had other children after me they lef

This Christmas our gift to our adult kids and their families was an overnight stay to an indoor water park. We have three sons and a nephew who Lost both of his parents. One son is married - it's his second marriage now of 5 plus years. Another son lives with a women who befriended the other son's ex wife after his divorce and after developing and moving in with my other son (I hope this makes since - as it's difficult to follow). This, of course, created hurt feelings on several levels. We d

Last month ago my aunt was rushed to emergency room and suffered of hemorrhagic stroke. She was of kind of stubborn and refused to be treated before she had this. Being stubborn runs in my mother's family side apparently. I suggested to all that she needed to be transported in ambulance and not in our car because I believe she wouldn't make it because I saw few symptoms that cannot be ignored and waited out. If I didn't still push to call the ambulance she wouldn't make because in the ambulance

Today, it’s Mother’s Day. The day where mothers of the world get recognized for all they do for their children. Mother’s Day is one of my favorite holidays.

She has helped me become an adult. Ever since I started college, I've felt lost and scared. But my mom was always there for support. I always go all out for my mom on Mother’s Day. Chocolates, flowers, perfume, everything my mom loved, she got. I actually spoiled her more on Mother’s Day than her birthday. I feel like he

It’s often hard to find the right words to say or things to do when your loved one is in the middle of grieving. You may be afraid of making the person feel worse with inappropriate words or actions, or perhaps you think that there is little you can do to make things better.

It’s easy to feel lost about how to help a grieving person. Nevertheless, while you can’t take all pain of loss away, you can give much-needed support and comfort. There are many different ways to help a friend i