Questions and Stories about Living On Your Own

Singles blog on StageofLife.comRead Stories About Being Single

Listed below is the compilation of the questions and stories that singles have shared on StageofLife.com.  Some of these essays were submitted as a response to our national writing contest for singles. Topics of these blog posts by singles range from dating, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between.

Share Your Story on StageofLife.comDo you have a dating story or experience about living on your own to share? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Living On Your Own Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Money

Last month ago my aunt was rushed to emergency room and suffered of hemorrhagic stroke. She was of kind of stubborn and refused to be treated before she had this. Being stubborn runs in my mother's family side apparently. I suggested to all that she needed to be transported in ambulance and not in our car because I believe she wouldn't make it because I saw few symptoms that cannot be ignored and waited out. If I didn't still push to call the ambulance she wouldn't make because in the ambulance

If I won the lottery today, I would first off thank the gods of economic weather, for the blowing the winds of 102 Kenya shillings selling for one dollar our way. Exchange rates can be a hellhole, but in my case it would be pure heavenly bliss, perfect timing. I digress.

I would find my way to the best mobile phone store I know and get me a nice smartphone, you know, the type that can actually respond to a selfie stick aux cord. For as long as I can remember, I have had a phone that

Once upon a time… Probably the most famous introduction of any story ever published. But what if a certain fairy tale would suddenly happen to you? Nowadays the overwhelming majority of us is utterly convinced that there are no such things as trolls, wizards and Cinderellas, but does that really mean all magical miracles have vanished from our world?

Not the way I see it!

Still, there remains one essential difference between Cinderella and you winning the lottery (includin

when I get out of high school I will get a boyfriend when I go to mizzou college. if I get rejected from mizzou college, I will work at a pet store and work with animals like dogs, birds, cats, bunnies, lizards, snakes and more. if that doesnt work i will start my own store called "U shop U sell" and people will sell their toys and stuff and they can buy stuff too. when its been 4 or 5 years i wil retire from the store and get one of my employes the store.

Alright. So, here begins the story. A single mother with an only daughter to live at the other extreme end of the country, the east to west gap, the network issues and a constant need to be with each other and yet deal with the hypocrisy of the 21st century, life has its own beautiful twists and turns.

If your mom is thirty years older than you, brought up in an orthodox set up, you don't even need to blink before you conclude she won't understand.
You know how she really believ

Happiness at work is an important part of career success. It’s easy to be happy in our everyday personal life. However, we can also get happiness at work under control. It comes from regular practices and cardinal changing of mindset.
As Francesca Reigler said, “Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same”. First and foremost

Chapter one
I grabbed my phone and looked at the time, 6:30!! I was runnning late, the bus was going to be here any minute! I threw on some random clothes that were laying on my dresser. I ran down stairs as fast as i could with my hairbrush in my hand and my phone in the other. I grabbed the key off the door step when i walked out, perfect timing i thought to myself.

I saw an angel inside of the grocery store once. Milk, bread, cottage cheese, cookie dough, juice, cheese, and fruit were all that was on my list, and I was trying to stay within a strict budget. As I approached the checkout station, I rolled my cart into the closest line. When I glanced over at checkout station number 3, I noticed a little old lady who only had a few items in her basket and was proceeding to checkout. After my quick observation, I switched over into the other line. The little

I've never seen her so stressed. Mum juggles cardboard boxes at home, frown lines magnified as she attempts to pack while feeding and entertaining three confused boys. Meanwhile, Dad, flown across the planet, sunbathes on the island of Oahu.
A few weeks before, on a silent evening nearing the end of June, I find Mum lying face down on our flowery brick patio, soaking up the last few drops of sunlight in the day. Her eyes are closed and she whispers to me that she's going to get married to

I have been working at a popular restaurant as a server. Oftentimes, I patiently wait on the elderly. I help them with the door, choosing their food choices, and helping them with their trays to the dining tables. It is a very rewarding job with some really good management. Even though I have not worked there long, I feel like part of the family. There are folks in management, cashiers, dishwashers, servers, and cooks. Knowing that I made someone's day by providing them a comfortable expe