Questions and Stories about Living On Your Own

Singles blog on StageofLife.comRead Stories About Being Single

Listed below is the compilation of the questions and stories that singles have shared on StageofLife.com.  Some of these essays were submitted as a response to our national writing contest for singles. Topics of these blog posts by singles range from dating, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between.

Share Your Story on StageofLife.comDo you have a dating story or experience about living on your own to share? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Living On Your Own Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Make a Difference

It’s not easy playing a part that you’re not. Everyone in their life pretends to be something their not. This causes confusion about who you really are. One day you will break down and tell everyone. There is an amazing story to go with this.

I grew up into a family where you were taught being homosexual was not appropriate. This made me stray away from it. When I was about 10, I started to become interested in males and less in females. I was always taught that this was wrong,

At some points in my life, I felt like I did not want to do anything but lying lazily on my bed, covering myself with the warmth of the furry blanket, staring at either the ceiling or the clock, counting the minutes, and then asking myself, "What the hell am I doing? Why don't I get up and complete what should be completed?" For a while, all of my motivation and energy was gone unexpectedly for no reasons. The same is happening to me at this time. I have a video to complete, a presentation to p

In every action we do, it always has the effects to ourselves and even in our society. We make changes; we accept the changes. It is a give-and-take process that has the results for ours, too. It can be good in nature or evil by choice. It is upon us if we are going to be the pioneer of the good or the evil in our society.
As part of the life of every individual in this world, even adults or young ones, changes are inevitable and feasible. These may go into physical, mental, social, spiri

Be the change... This three word phrase is such a big and heavy word to process uttered by my boss. I am currently working in a government school here in the Philippines. I am a newbie here. I am not familiar with the system yet.
As days, weeks and months pass by, I am starting to see the real picture of the field I've chosen to serve. There are so many loopholes, flaws and imperfections that really demotivates me to become a better teacher.
There were teachers who are senior alread

Doing something in which we are not interested is like forcing a lion to transform into herbivorous animal. People often end up with either of two possibilities, one is to enjoy life by living it as per our own wishes and second thing to suppress our wishes and acts as per demands of situation. Both situation ultimately give personal,social and monetary satisfaction but the one who lives his life as he/she wants,steals the show.

It all started in school when dancing aspec

We can change ourselves because we are always changing without even realizing it. As a man or women changes in their own shopping habits so does the attitudes of companies and corporations change to adapt. We need not to wait on our mother or loved one to change first rather become the first to change. I was sitting on the kitchen table at my grandmother’s house when my uncle said, “ You can cheat, You can eat meat on the weekends and still be vegetarian.” I stated Tio Juan, “ I don’t believe a

It was a Friday night and I got a call from my friend. As usual I thought, she must have called me to discuss college gossip or about the get together that we had been planning. I was taken aback, when I got to know that she had called me for a social cause. Since Christmas was approaching and she being a member of an NGO, wanted me to volunteer as well. I immediately said yes and was pretty excited about the whole volunteering affair as it was my first time. Everyone is excited about their fir

It is nice to believe that changing is easy and that everyone has the ability to do it. But that would be over optimistic. Not impossible, mind you, just optimistic. People are, first and foremost, stubborn. They don’t want to change because they’re afraid or someone is pushing it or they don’t want to be considered a lesser person. On the other hand, some people change far too easily. Child stars, for example, tend to believe that they need to shatter their old “wholesome” image by becomin

Looking forward into the future I am going to change the world very significantly. First to do that though, I will have to start with myself. I have really got to step it up and get to work. What I need to do is really straight forward. I got to just stay in school and focus on nothing else besides my grades. I mean the sooner that I can get to college and get the degree for the counseling field is when change would start to happen. I would start with one person and move to the next. When I am

Once upon a time… Probably the most famous introduction of any story ever published. But what if a certain fairy tale would suddenly happen to you? Nowadays the overwhelming majority of us is utterly convinced that there are no such things as trolls, wizards and Cinderellas, but does that really mean all magical miracles have vanished from our world?

Not the way I see it!

Still, there remains one essential difference between Cinderella and you winning the lottery (includin