Questions and Stories about Living On Your Own

Singles blog on StageofLife.comRead Stories About Being Single

Listed below is the compilation of the questions and stories that singles have shared on StageofLife.com.  Some of these essays were submitted as a response to our national writing contest for singles. Topics of these blog posts by singles range from dating, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between.

Share Your Story on StageofLife.comDo you have a dating story or experience about living on your own to share? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Living On Your Own Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: I Need a Change

Most people go through their entire lives living through or for other people. What's the point of living if you're not really doing it for the person that supposed to matter the most to you? Truthfully this was literally myself until earlier this year. My entire life I've lived for other people and I've had to mold myself into something acceptable that society would like. For example,I was picked on and ridiculed alot in school. Day in and day out every year. It happened daily from the same ki

At some points in my life, I felt like I did not want to do anything but lying lazily on my bed, covering myself with the warmth of the furry blanket, staring at either the ceiling or the clock, counting the minutes, and then asking myself, "What the hell am I doing? Why don't I get up and complete what should be completed?" For a while, all of my motivation and energy was gone unexpectedly for no reasons. The same is happening to me at this time. I have a video to complete, a presentation to p

When life gives you a dream so far beyond your expectations.It is not reasonable to cry when it comes to an end.

I lived the life of a millionaire with money floating around me. I had friends or I at least thought I did.The thing is I was not the most loved person in my community everyone thought I was a spoiled kid (I was rich not spoiled).

People never wanted me around their children, They never realized I was lonely.My parents never had other children after me they lef

Moving house with all your possessions, furniture items and big heavy boxes is quite a journey, so the key for a better and smoother relocation is in the preparation. You should take your free time to organize everything in advance and should have plenty of time to supervise all that is going on throughout the moving day. It is recommended to compile a moving checklist, which should be similar and yet different from the inventory sheet. It comes to a checklist like a schedule with tasks and gui

In every action we do, it always has the effects to ourselves and even in our society. We make changes; we accept the changes. It is a give-and-take process that has the results for ours, too. It can be good in nature or evil by choice. It is upon us if we are going to be the pioneer of the good or the evil in our society.
As part of the life of every individual in this world, even adults or young ones, changes are inevitable and feasible. These may go into physical, mental, social, spiri

It was a Friday night and I got a call from my friend. As usual I thought, she must have called me to discuss college gossip or about the get together that we had been planning. I was taken aback, when I got to know that she had called me for a social cause. Since Christmas was approaching and she being a member of an NGO, wanted me to volunteer as well. I immediately said yes and was pretty excited about the whole volunteering affair as it was my first time. Everyone is excited about their fir

Growing up I had a great child hood. I had to older brothers they born 1974-1979. I always was close to them both and I have a sister a year apart we all biological kids. By both parents. I remember having a nice grandmother who born 1921. She is the older image of me. I remember my high school graduation in 2009. My mom always told me I am beautiful inside and out I told her I feel ugly and cheated out of education. She told me I am not ugly. Now It's 2015 I no longer have my mother she died i

Looking forward into the future I am going to change the world very significantly. First to do that though, I will have to start with myself. I have really got to step it up and get to work. What I need to do is really straight forward. I got to just stay in school and focus on nothing else besides my grades. I mean the sooner that I can get to college and get the degree for the counseling field is when change would start to happen. I would start with one person and move to the next. When I am

If I won the lottery today, I would first off thank the gods of economic weather, for the blowing the winds of 102 Kenya shillings selling for one dollar our way. Exchange rates can be a hellhole, but in my case it would be pure heavenly bliss, perfect timing. I digress.

I would find my way to the best mobile phone store I know and get me a nice smartphone, you know, the type that can actually respond to a selfie stick aux cord. For as long as I can remember, I have had a phone that

It has been a rough few months for me. I had a personal issue but doing better. There's many people that you meet along the way in life. Some leave a lasting impression. I had energy issues, always felt tired. My own personal doctor of 18 years, tells me "it's all in your head." What doc? No way. So my good close friend went through a virtual program that changed his life, I did the same and it changed my life. So kudos to Dr. Kim Crawford, I owe you so much. I can't begin to thank you enough f