Questions and Stories about Living On Your Own

Singles blog on StageofLife.comRead Stories About Being Single

Listed below is the compilation of the questions and stories that singles have shared on StageofLife.com.  Some of these essays were submitted as a response to our national writing contest for singles. Topics of these blog posts by singles range from dating, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between.

Share Your Story on StageofLife.comDo you have a dating story or experience about living on your own to share? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Living On Your Own Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Family

If I won the lottery today, I would first off thank the gods of economic weather, for the blowing the winds of 102 Kenya shillings selling for one dollar our way. Exchange rates can be a hellhole, but in my case it would be pure heavenly bliss, perfect timing. I digress.

I would find my way to the best mobile phone store I know and get me a nice smartphone, you know, the type that can actually respond to a selfie stick aux cord. For as long as I can remember, I have had a phone that

Vacations are always awesome; the thrill of going to somewhere where you may have never been and may never return. The excitement you receive when there are merely hours before the day of that special time begins. But as everyone knows, nothing beats a good family vacay. Having the family all together at a time, with no distractions like a phone call from work, or a power point that just needs a 'little' extra time on can get in the way. These were all the brilliant fantasies I had brewing insi

It is assured that any person currently living in the 21st century has heard the name Winston Churchill. Churchill was the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, as well as a conscientious politician, and intellectual man. He once stated, “All men make mistakes, but only wise men learn from their mistakes.” It is apparent in our world today, that a large percentage of the population is constantly wishing to have a ‘do-over’ in attempt to fix their empty, mundane lives. In reality, it is the mis

Living thousands of kilometres away from your only loved one in a big bad city can be tricky. Skype can help you see your Mom's face on your phone no matter how distorted. Hangouts can give a better quality on phone but sometimes just few diagonal lines. But for these fifty year olds getting a hang of the app world, you see how their world crashes down when they can't have whatsapp!

A year younger than my Mom, my land lady's caretaker, Aladin's Ginee, has been asking me, 'Tanu! who's

Alright. So, here begins the story. A single mother with an only daughter to live at the other extreme end of the country, the east to west gap, the network issues and a constant need to be with each other and yet deal with the hypocrisy of the 21st century, life has its own beautiful twists and turns.

If your mom is thirty years older than you, brought up in an orthodox set up, you don't even need to blink before you conclude she won't understand.
You know how she really believ

I sat in the center of the downtown restaurant, facing the front, which was a solid glass wall; a giant window through which my eyes caught hold of sidewalk passersby, both casually clad in t-shirt and shorts as well as the professional dress of suits and ties. Through the nonchalant flow of foot traffic, my eyes drove into the street where the metallic glare of the blue-striped street car stretched its slow, shimmering streak across my affixed plane of vision. Across the three lan

Monday my cousin and I woke up at 3:00 in the morning.my dad was still sleeping so Paige and I went down the stares and we made some coffee and went to sit on the couch to go watch SpongeBob and Drake and Josh on demand

I went to las Vegas to go see my uncle Jason's Broadway show called Rock Of Ages. and I got to sit next to my two aunts Aunt Bethany and Aunt Cassidy I had so much fun with them. My aunt Bethany was rocking out the show was a lot of fun I saw the show four times.

A hero is someone that could be a family member, your friend or even a stranger, that will do something for you no matter what, without thinking twice before doing it. Heros are not always what we expect them to be. They are not the way cartoons tend to describe them. We sometimes think and refer to a hero as someone that will come and save us by flying through the air like Superman, or who can do magic like Zatara, but that is not what a hero is. A hero doesn't hav

I have been lived in Canada for almost eight months. During those eight months, I spent most time with my host family. I played with them when snowstorms came; I hung out with their kids; I enjoyed the life in farm. I really want to share something that really changes my thoughts of marriage and brings me my dreaming life style.
My host family is made up of six people, which including two parents, one son and three daughters. Their son is the oldest one, his name is Daniel. The second old

<<Prev  2 of 16    Next>>