Questions and Stories about Living On Your Own

Singles blog on StageofLife.comRead Stories About Being Single

Listed below is the compilation of the questions and stories that singles have shared on StageofLife.com.  Some of these essays were submitted as a response to our national writing contest for singles. Topics of these blog posts by singles range from dating, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between.

Share Your Story on StageofLife.comDo you have a dating story or experience about living on your own to share? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Living On Your Own Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: Family

I am annoyed that on several occasions my boyfriend has expected me to sit in the backseat so one of his daughters can sit in the front seat of the car.

The Secret of Happiness: A Life with Many Loved Ones
Happiness comes from many different things from many different people. In my life and from what I have experienced, the secret to happiness is a life filled with many loved ones. My family has been through some really hard times in the past year but with the love and support of each other, we always make it.
My family is the most important thing to me, above school and even athletics. In my life, my family has alwa

It’s not easy playing a part that you’re not. Everyone in their life pretends to be something their not. This causes confusion about who you really are. One day you will break down and tell everyone. There is an amazing story to go with this.

I grew up into a family where you were taught being homosexual was not appropriate. This made me stray away from it. When I was about 10, I started to become interested in males and less in females. I was always taught that this was wrong,

I Hit the snooze button, a bit irritated by the sudden interruption. Just five more minutes,I told myself. Then it hit Me, The kids.I shouted as loud as I could, and then reached to the right side of my bed to shake my husband,so he wouldn't be late for work. The empty responses from my noisy children was a sure sign I was being ignored. Just as I was growing suspicious OF my husband absence,there was that annoying sound again. Only this time I didn't have five minutes. So I recall hopping out

Moving house with all your possessions, furniture items and big heavy boxes is quite a journey, so the key for a better and smoother relocation is in the preparation. You should take your free time to organize everything in advance and should have plenty of time to supervise all that is going on throughout the moving day. It is recommended to compile a moving checklist, which should be similar and yet different from the inventory sheet. It comes to a checklist like a schedule with tasks and gui

If you’ve gone out to work before your child could actually walk, you will understand me. After year and a half being on maternity leave I decided to find a job. That wasn’t my desire to break out of a rut but rather necessity dictated by financial obstacles and costly childcare. But, in all fairness, I did want some change in my life that would throw me out of caravan of drab days full of household chores and babysitting.
When I finally found a job, it seemed just what I needed. I made go

This Christmas our gift to our adult kids and their families was an overnight stay to an indoor water park. We have three sons and a nephew who Lost both of his parents. One son is married - it's his second marriage now of 5 plus years. Another son lives with a women who befriended the other son's ex wife after his divorce and after developing and moving in with my other son (I hope this makes since - as it's difficult to follow). This, of course, created hurt feelings on several levels. We d

Last month ago my aunt was rushed to emergency room and suffered of hemorrhagic stroke. She was of kind of stubborn and refused to be treated before she had this. Being stubborn runs in my mother's family side apparently. I suggested to all that she needed to be transported in ambulance and not in our car because I believe she wouldn't make it because I saw few symptoms that cannot be ignored and waited out. If I didn't still push to call the ambulance she wouldn't make because in the ambulance

Today, it’s Mother’s Day. The day where mothers of the world get recognized for all they do for their children. Mother’s Day is one of my favorite holidays.

She has helped me become an adult. Ever since I started college, I've felt lost and scared. But my mom was always there for support. I always go all out for my mom on Mother’s Day. Chocolates, flowers, perfume, everything my mom loved, she got. I actually spoiled her more on Mother’s Day than her birthday. I feel like he

Growing up I had a great child hood. I had to older brothers they born 1974-1979. I always was close to them both and I have a sister a year apart we all biological kids. By both parents. I remember having a nice grandmother who born 1921. She is the older image of me. I remember my high school graduation in 2009. My mom always told me I am beautiful inside and out I told her I feel ugly and cheated out of education. She told me I am not ugly. Now It's 2015 I no longer have my mother she died i