Questions and Stories about Living On Your Own

Singles blog on StageofLife.comRead Stories About Being Single

Listed below is the compilation of the questions and stories that singles have shared on StageofLife.com.  Some of these essays were submitted as a response to our national writing contest for singles. Topics of these blog posts by singles range from dating, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between.

Share Your Story on StageofLife.comDo you have a dating story or experience about living on your own to share? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Living On Your Own Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: General Questions

I once heard an actor encourage people to take an acting class once in their life because it was a useful class for life. I followed this and I could not agree more with him, even with all my major psychology courses. I initially took the class to further overcome my anxiety of speaking in front of people, but in the end I gained so much more, much thanks to my Beginning Acting professor who was one of the toughest professors in the department.
My professor did warm-up exercises at the beg

I've played with the idea of entering one of these writing contest before, but I don't have too many interesting personal experiences to share. However, if anything in my life is interesting, it's my dog Max and so I decided to tell you a little bit about him and one of his many talents.

Max is an eleven year old, twenty-five pound, Cocker Spaniel. He has big, brown eyes, and a thick, shiny, black coat. He's an extraordinarily beautiful dog, and I'm not just saying that because he is

Loneliness is a word with a deep meaning where there is no going back once you understand it, life is so short in a blink of an eye it’s all gone, treasure it and treat every day as if it was your last.
About two years ago Marry Jane was a normal girl with a normal life living happy with her family and friends but you never know whqts gonnq happen perhaps a perfect life could turn into a nightmare, one day Marry Jane disobeyed her parents and went into a party with her friend behind thei

This is a story about my dog; he was really cute and small. His name was bear and he was 2 years old. He loves to play with balls, he would catch the ball if you throw it too him, he likes to wrestle, and he has sharp nails. He is a tannish color he has brown eyes. He has a nose like a pug and I he is really sweet. He doesn’t to take baths; he loves to roll in mud. He likes to chase his tail and he loves to bite a lot of stuff.

For adult children, taking the step of moving out of the house, whether it’s to go away to college, get married, or start a career of their own, is a little nerve-racking, but mostly exciting. It’s a new adventure and one most kids take on eagerly as they finally achieve that independence they’ve been craving.

Move-out day has a different meaning for parents, however, especially when the last child moves away. Yes, they’re excited for their children and ready to see them succeed, and

The eye of the storm is predicted to strike here, in Tampa, after passing through Cuba. It’s August, 2004, and for a year Hurricane Charley will be known as the strongest hurricane since Andrew pounded Florida in 1992. It will last for 6 days, cause 20 fatalities, and $16.3 billion in damages.
I load my cat Sandy and belongings inside my 2 door Mustang, fill up with gas, and head north. It is only twilight and already the sky is devastatingly dark, the highway gridlocked. Everyone

I'm Sha. It'd be nice to know who reads this stuff. I'm kind of curious about everything. Well I'm just a girl who loves to write thoughts down. Fleeting, random thoughts. People used to like my stuff in HS. Lol , how corny do I sound? Like the washed up 40 year old jock who now has a beer belly. I've never really got my full shine on though... Just kinda glistened a little bit.. I wanna shine.

You may have wondered what goes in to determining the insurance cost for a given car. The cost of the car is a given, but there are other factors that are considered as well. For instance, the more powerful the engine, the more likely drivers are to drive a little on the wild side, thus driving up the cost to insure it. Some cars are more likely to be stolen than others which also adds to the cost of insuring it. What follows is a list of the ten least expensive cars to insure. Some of them mig

He was supposed to have been in the prime of his golden years. A man who lived 76 years of his life by the rules of simplicity and the strictures of caring for one's own health…that man was not supposed to be afflicted by the tragedy about to unfold. Yet, such is reality…that we are all one day plucked out of existence in spite of all virtues we have to offer.

Hailing from the south Indian State of Kerala I am supposed to be one among its 30 million inhabitants who relishes the aqua

Dont you ever do something bad and then later on you regret it. Well I do today I told my brother he was an idoit he can not defend him self becuase he is only three. Also once my friend Jocelyn said I was ugly,stupid, and dumb.

<<Prev  3 of 25    Next>>