Questions and Stories about Living On Your Own

Singles blog on StageofLife.comRead Stories About Being Single

Listed below is the compilation of the questions and stories that singles have shared on StageofLife.com.  Some of these essays were submitted as a response to our national writing contest for singles. Topics of these blog posts by singles range from dating, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between.

Share Your Story on StageofLife.comDo you have a dating story or experience about living on your own to share? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Living On Your Own Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: General Questions

It is nice to believe that changing is easy and that everyone has the ability to do it. But that would be over optimistic. Not impossible, mind you, just optimistic. People are, first and foremost, stubborn. They don’t want to change because they’re afraid or someone is pushing it or they don’t want to be considered a lesser person. On the other hand, some people change far too easily. Child stars, for example, tend to believe that they need to shatter their old “wholesome” image by becomin

If I won the lottery today, I would first off thank the gods of economic weather, for the blowing the winds of 102 Kenya shillings selling for one dollar our way. Exchange rates can be a hellhole, but in my case it would be pure heavenly bliss, perfect timing. I digress.

I would find my way to the best mobile phone store I know and get me a nice smartphone, you know, the type that can actually respond to a selfie stick aux cord. For as long as I can remember, I have had a phone that

It was a warm and sunny Sunday Morning no better weather could I have asked for after a long and stressful week. All I could have asked for that day was to enjoy the rest of the day in peace and silence without any distractions from school or work. Ahhh and I did enjoy it. For the first five minutes. If it wasn’t one thing it was another. And then my phone rang, “Janice! Janice! New lottery tickets are out and the prize is better than any ever offered, you have to buy a ticket as soon as you

Let's imagine our life with out environment.environment is the natural world,it's surrounding in a person,Animal or plant,IF we protect out environment we Can breath clean air Even our Little pet's Can survive,why we do not wary about our environment?
By removing trees,by air pollution and not caring,we Are destroying our environment,IF we keep this up,there Will be no Animals,plants,humans, no one want to die in this world so we shall keep our environment clean up!

The wind is blowing
The sun is shinning
The leaves are falling down
From the trees
Changing different colors
Going on to the ground
Looking all around
Getting colder
Day by day
Its October
Going to be Halloween soon
Everybody is getting ready
Carving Pumpkins
Making faces
The night before
To light them up
On Halloween
It's almost there
Everybody is excited
Waiting until it is dark
Wearing co

With my crazy work hours and busy social life (Only one of those is true) it’s really difficult to find time to exercise. I could be finishing work at 10pm and then starting my next shift at 11.30am the following day (That doesn’t sound all that bad, but you gotta remember I don’t finish work and then straight away collapse into a deep sleep. I drive home. I eat dinner. I have a glass of wine. I wrestle Luke to keep him awake, because I’m awake. I watch Tv. By the time I go to bed it’s like 1.3

Wattpad! It's not just an app for us. Wattpad is a free library for everyone. It is a platform to create stories,poems for everyone without need of any degree. People comment on each other's work which helps us to know what more we can do to improve our writing.
This app saves our money as we are not buying any books we just have to download the stories of our interest and start reading. We don't have to walk distance to any shop. We can read anytime whether it is 3 in the morning or 11 at

Why do we need to sacrifice a lot for Love?? Why do they say its the best feeling ever experienced when a lot of times you get hurt just to stay in love.... Why can't it be just simple?... Why is it sometimes hard to express even when it is said love has many different languages? They say love is blind.. How can a person be so blind when the person that is standing in front of their freaking eyes is so in love with them. Love can be a very sweet word but at the same time it can also puncture

Do you ever get that feeling where you feel obligated to do something for someone else? It's almost like you don't want to disappoint anyone so you never say no to them (the one exception being your family or friends on unimportant matters). And do you ever feel like you are being watched? Because of social media, people can see what you are doing at all times, and it is a problem. I have this problem. I really don't like saying no to anyone, because I don't want people to feel disappointed or

About a girl who was told to describe herself and chose to write about it instead.

Disclaimer: This story is not based on me, and could be triggering. Also this story is not finished and is a start to a short story. I am only sharing this story to get feedback on if I should continue it or not.

Start story below:

-Me-

Sometimes I wonder what no, correction, I always wonder what my future will come to be. Will I marry someone from my hometo

<<Prev  2 of 25    Next>>