Questions and Stories about Living On Your Own

Singles blog on StageofLife.comRead Stories About Being Single

Listed below is the compilation of the questions and stories that singles have shared on StageofLife.com.  Some of these essays were submitted as a response to our national writing contest for singles. Topics of these blog posts by singles range from dating, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between.

Share Your Story on StageofLife.comDo you have a dating story or experience about living on your own to share? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Living On Your Own Questions and Stories

Now Browsing: General Questions

It will be there for a while I am waiting to head for Venice and Rome , feelings truly conformed a romantic relationship between me, Italy and it's tradition.
As I was just about thirteen years old reading Dumas ' one of the high appreciated novels, Ascanio at high school, it came out a while of appreciation , I found the book a perfect example of reputation for the Italian art, history, recognition of tradition led to the profound contribution of the nation and it's donate to the worl

Everybody have different ideas and view for there happiness. Even do I. My secret of happiness lies in inner peace. Lemme tell you a story which showed me my actual happiness. It was my grandfather's death anniversary and like every year we were getting ready to go out for donation of fruits to necessary and needy people. But just when we all were thinking about which place to go that year a thought strikes to my dad's mind of why not going to old age house this year for charity. Hearing this w

Most people go through their entire lives living through or for other people. What's the point of living if you're not really doing it for the person that supposed to matter the most to you? Truthfully this was literally myself until earlier this year. My entire life I've lived for other people and I've had to mold myself into something acceptable that society would like. For example,I was picked on and ridiculed alot in school. Day in and day out every year. It happened daily from the same ki

When I was in sixth grade, I liked a boy named Sam, and I believe these romantic feelings were reciprocated.

At our first middle school dance, Sam came up to me and asked me to dance.

Although my head and heart wanted to say yes, I said no.

I went home that night pretty upset—upset at myself for saying no, upset at my shyness, my fear having nothing to say, scared of what yes would imply, what the future would hold. I was uncertain, and because of that I did no

Second Chances: Lead to regret
“Sometimes giving someone a second chance is like giving them an extra bullet for their gun because they missed you the first time” (Anonymous). You never know what is going to happen if you give someone a second chance.
Before you do, think about it first. Think about what’s going to happen if you do. Think about how long it will take you to forgive him or her, too. Most of all, think about if the person is really worth the second chance.
I wish I

Second Chances: Lead to regret
I wish I

A pint of spirit will change demeanor, bring confidence in diffident, shy bird and aid to perform that anyone is endeavouring and longing from ages, all these facts appeared worthy and plausible on the day ,a pint actually helped me to bale out.
Let me explain this bale out, before i create any disappointments.It is nothing as exciting as Salman Khan's bail or Amma's bail , it is me bailing out from an aircraft,skydiving most of people would like to say it.
The idea of dropping myse

Life is the most beautiful gift i have received so far. I know i am not perfect neither i will ever be but i will never give up being better than yesterday. Every life is hard but it does not mean we have to be hard. Life can be hard but we have ti try our best to make it simple. Everyday when i open my eyes, i feel grateful because i have been given one more day to live and to serve whoever i come across.
I am on my own. I have no one to support me for my living, thank god i don't have to

second chance is an opportunity to prove yourself. it is like a precious thing you have lost and getting it back again, but getting it back depends upon you whether you want it or losing it again by lethargic attitude or ill feeling.
it is a magic happening in life but not always.actually, i dont believe in all these things but circumstances made me believe and realise what it is.
even i got the chance once. Me and my friend were close friends. one day as myself and my friend was st

Be the change... This three word phrase is such a big and heavy word to process uttered by my boss. I am currently working in a government school here in the Philippines. I am a newbie here. I am not familiar with the system yet.
As days, weeks and months pass by, I am starting to see the real picture of the field I've chosen to serve. There are so many loopholes, flaws and imperfections that really demotivates me to become a better teacher.
There were teachers who are senior alread