Questions and Stories about Living On Your Own

Singles blog on StageofLife.comRead Stories About Being Single

Listed below is the compilation of the questions and stories that singles have shared on StageofLife.com.  Some of these essays were submitted as a response to our national writing contest for singles. Topics of these blog posts by singles range from dating, to money, to relationships, to health, and many more in between.

Share Your Story on StageofLife.comDo you have a dating story or experience about living on your own to share? Click the "Share Your Story" button to add your voice to StageofLife.com!

Read Living On Your Own Questions and Stories

It will be there for a while I am waiting to head for Venice and Rome , feelings truly conformed a romantic relationship between me, Italy and it's tradition.
As I was just about thirteen years old reading Dumas ' one of the high appreciated novels, Ascanio at high school, it came out a while of appreciation , I found the book a perfect example of reputation for the Italian art, history, recognition of tradition led to the profound contribution of the nation and it's donate to the worl

I am a nervous person. I worry about car crashes and spiders and guns and death and the weird way my voice sounds when I talk on the phone.

Some of my fears are unavoidable: after all, I can't control how many spiders take up residence in the garden where I also like to sit. And some of my fears are totally avoidable: I may balk at the thought of skydiving, but luckily, no one has yet tried to push me out of a plane.

However, for all of my worries (founded or not), I have

Everybody have different ideas and view for there happiness. Even do I. My secret of happiness lies in inner peace. Lemme tell you a story which showed me my actual happiness. It was my grandfather's death anniversary and like every year we were getting ready to go out for donation of fruits to necessary and needy people. But just when we all were thinking about which place to go that year a thought strikes to my dad's mind of why not going to old age house this year for charity. Hearing this w

I am annoyed that on several occasions my boyfriend has expected me to sit in the backseat so one of his daughters can sit in the front seat of the car.

The Secret of Happiness: A Life with Many Loved Ones
Happiness comes from many different things from many different people. In my life and from what I have experienced, the secret to happiness is a life filled with many loved ones. My family has been through some really hard times in the past year but with the love and support of each other, we always make it.
My family is the most important thing to me, above school and even athletics. In my life, my family has alwa

It’s not easy playing a part that you’re not. Everyone in their life pretends to be something their not. This causes confusion about who you really are. One day you will break down and tell everyone. There is an amazing story to go with this.

I grew up into a family where you were taught being homosexual was not appropriate. This made me stray away from it. When I was about 10, I started to become interested in males and less in females. I was always taught that this was wrong,

Most people try to find happiness in success, relationships, or money. No matter how successful a person gets in life, money or possessions can't give a person genuine happiness or a sense of fulfillment. The key to happiness is enjoying the moment you're in, and not waiting for work to be over or the week to be done. Look for the gifts God gives us everyday, like the beautiful sunrise every morning or the birds' songs they sing. You then have a humble look on life and enjoy the simple things i

Most people try to find happiness in success, relationships, or money. No matter how successful a person gets in life, money or possessions can't give a person genuine happiness or fulfillment. The key to happiness is enjoying the moment you're in, and not waiting for work to be over or the week to be done. Look for the gifts God gives us everyday, like the beautiful sunrise every morning or the birds' songs they sing. You then have a humble look on life and enjoy the simple things in every day

Most people go through their entire lives living through or for other people. What's the point of living if you're not really doing it for the person that supposed to matter the most to you? Truthfully this was literally myself until earlier this year. My entire life I've lived for other people and I've had to mold myself into something acceptable that society would like. For example,I was picked on and ridiculed alot in school. Day in and day out every year. It happened daily from the same ki

At some points in my life, I felt like I did not want to do anything but lying lazily on my bed, covering myself with the warmth of the furry blanket, staring at either the ceiling or the clock, counting the minutes, and then asking myself, "What the hell am I doing? Why don't I get up and complete what should be completed?" For a while, all of my motivation and energy was gone unexpectedly for no reasons. The same is happening to me at this time. I have a video to complete, a presentation to p

When I was in sixth grade, I liked a boy named Sam, and I believe these romantic feelings were reciprocated.

At our first middle school dance, Sam came up to me and asked me to dance.

Although my head and heart wanted to say yes, I said no.

I went home that night pretty upset—upset at myself for saying no, upset at my shyness, my fear having nothing to say, scared of what yes would imply, what the future would hold. I was uncertain, and because of that I did no

Second Chances: Lead to regret
“Sometimes giving someone a second chance is like giving them an extra bullet for their gun because they missed you the first time” (Anonymous). You never know what is going to happen if you give someone a second chance.
Before you do, think about it first. Think about what’s going to happen if you do. Think about how long it will take you to forgive him or her, too. Most of all, think about if the person is really worth the second chance.
I wish I

Although I am appreciative towards those who had granted me a second chance during a time where I had unintentionally made a mistake and I have done the same towards several others by forgiving them, in certain situations, however, such as one intentionally hurting me or others, one not admitting to their mistakes and if the individual continues to make the same mistakes then I tend to not give them a second chance.
Firstly, when some conduct action or behaviors to purposefully cause harm

Second Chances: Lead to regret
I wish I

A pint of spirit will change demeanor, bring confidence in diffident, shy bird and aid to perform that anyone is endeavouring and longing from ages, all these facts appeared worthy and plausible on the day ,a pint actually helped me to bale out.
Let me explain this bale out, before i create any disappointments.It is nothing as exciting as Salman Khan's bail or Amma's bail , it is me bailing out from an aircraft,skydiving most of people would like to say it.
The idea of dropping myse