In the News: The Euro is the end to us all

jedio123
In the world today, people continuously spend their attention on hyped-up conspiracies. North Korea is making weapons, but those weapons haven’t done anything yet, have they? Pakistan and India are battling out their differences in the fight for Kashmir, but really, hasn’t that been going on for a while now? Unfortunately, most people look at only conflicts where there could be some bloodshed, and the important ones are the ones that slip their minds. I believe teenagers and college students need to focus on one of the world’s most uncared for problems: the Euro crisis in Europe. At the beginning of the 21st century, Greece underwent a depression that resulted in thousands of job losses. Since their economy declined, their currency, the Euro, went down with them. This really wouldn’t be an international issue as only this tiny island is involved; however, nearly all the European countries use the Euro. The result? The falling Euro caused the economies of all its users to decline as well. Greece is already in a mess over it, and like Einstein’s “Domino Theory” from the Cold War, Greece’s troubles will soon fall to a neighboring country. And as soon as Europe falls, the rest of the international community will fall as well. The United Nations can deal with international disputes, humanitarian issues, and corrupt regimes, but anything economic is out of their reach. This is a pressing matter because economy means everything- translation: bad economy means no jobs, and no jobs means no money! If people consider the American economy bad, then they’re going to find it horrendous when America is affected. College students will have an even harder time finding jobs, and in the months to come, new graduates will be delivering pizza while brooding over their useless Master’s and PhD’s. As a teenager, I have a great love for money and care little about its origins, except that it comes from daddy’s wallet. But what happens when daddy loses his job because of the failed economy? This isn’t just an European issue; this is an international dispute that affects nearly everything. How can organizations solve the Egypt’s humanitarian issue when there are no funds? Almost everything is connected to money, and Europe isn’t doing a very good job protecting it. While most people can recognize the solution to this problem as “Save the Euro!”, it’s really much more complicated than that. Nations involved with the currency must come to a mutual agreement, but if anyone looks at history, all countries love bickering too much to come up with a solution. Outside sources can’t help them solve the problem because this is strictly an European crisis; while it may affect others, the original troublemakers won’t be very happy if there are other nations involved. The only thing we, as students, can do is sit patiently and wait for the desired outcome. Our future monetary happiness will be determined by the Euro crisis.
Comment by Nate DeRose

Congratulations! You’ve been selected the "On My Own" winner for the April writing contest: "In the News"

Check out the full report here: http://www.stageoflife.com/StageHighSchool/TeensandNews.aspx

Don’t forget to share your story and show your accomplishment on your Facebook, Twitter, and other social media!

Thanks for submitting, and we look forward to your future submissions.
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2013 4:17:43 PM