My Other Song: A Certain Romance by the Arctic Monkeys

AurumPhoenix
I knew he existed in the third grade. And he did to. Fourth grade: Two words exchanged. Fifth grade: Sentences exchanged. Sixth grade: Words, sentences, conversations, and hugs exchanged. Seventh grade: a family relationship shared (my older brother.) Eight grade: Conversations, Laughs, Walks home, Fun, Tears,and Waves goodbye exchanged.

~o~

Some people might not see him as much. I die when my sister calls him a "rolly pollie" cause of his long hair and then calls me one cause of my long hair but I liked it. It fit us. Towards the fact that I've known my firned John since the third Grade and I've seen in him there for years, to suddenly see himg one the next year had me panic. My mom said you were bound to seperate, friends aren't always there. But that just had me panic more. Sometimes I feel like I can't do it alone, so I cried on his shoulder all the time and talk to him like the older brother he felt and was like to me. He loved to play drums, so I knew he had a future in music. Hearing him at school concerts was enough for me to know he'll one day be at DominoReocords recording with his band that he and Larry started to create (Larry is also like a brother but not as close as John is.) I was doing a report on Franz Ferdinand for social studies (the band not the Archduke. I know cool, huh?) And then I saw an article about the Arctic Monkeys. They intrigued me and then I started to listen to their music. They were really good but my favorite was "A Certain Romance" probably because it had alot of instrumental and I loved to hear the the drums. After that I figured out they were John's favorite band. It killed me to hear that, to know we had another thing in common, the list was endless. He always made the most cruel joke however, everytime I danced and he played at concerts: "Sandy, one day you'll be on Broadway all pretty and famous, and I'll have crappy tickets cause I can't afford the good ones but I buy them to just see you. Then I watch you preform and we don't even make eye contact cause you're that faraway and I try to talk to you but you get taken away by your fans and I can never say 'Hi'." It really hurt when he said that, cause I didn't want it to be true but it would happen however vice versa, he was going to be famous and I'll be there at his shows. As the school year ended, the last day of school was horrible. I was pretty strong from crying but I subsequently did, cause they were my close friends! After wiping my tears and saying goodbye, in came my big brother. I broke down. He said he'd cry but he couldn't. Sometimes I wonder if he would miss me. I remember a bus ride home, he had news and I did too but I made my news short so he could ramble on whatever he wanted to which usually took almost two bus rides home, but I loved listening to my older bro and his kick ass stories. That ride, I cried on him, the bus lady probably thought we were dating and breaking up considering it was the end of the year. I really wanted to tell her the real situation but I couldn't so she just stared at us when it was more of a sister crying for her older brother. He said that deep down he was going to miss me. When he said that I wondered: Why did it take him so much to miss me? Was I not that great of a friend?

~o~

I listen to A Certain Romance and I can't help but think that that'll be John and Larry one day. I'm not sure about Angelo, but I hope he stays though. Yeah I cry, knowing I won't have my close friends by my side. (I have my group of close friends) But I have sweet memories with them. At least if I one day see the band and everyone dying to know who these legends are, I can at least know that years ago, we were best friends.