A Learning Experience

mcoly618
My life has taken some major twists and turns since we last chatted, but I'm growing as an adult, woman, and overall human being. I have encountered people and conversations that have made me laugh and cry and feel everything emotion in between.

With all my college buddies returning to school this week, I have found my emotions on a roller coaster ride. I am also moving this weekend, not back to college, but into my first place. Although I should be nothing but completely happy and excited, I can't help but feeling overwhelmed, lost, and more importantly confused.

I'm trying my best to be the responsible, down to earth girl I have always been and it's getting me nowhere. However, I have decided to trade my tears in smiles and let this Friday afternoon/beginning of the weekend wash over my soul and cleanse me.

All I want is a big plate a comforting Chinese food and a good fortune welcome me to my new place tonight, while I watch tv from the floor in my new living room. Is that too much to ask for?

Somewhere along the line, things have changed. They got way too complicated and weird. Growing up isn't all that I thought it would be, but then again things never are. I won't give up, because I never do, and I will give myself the trust I deserve. I won't get scared and I won't cry. I deserve better than all that, I deserve to smile about my accomplishments and new endeavors.

This new chapter seems scary, but I know it really isn't. I just have to take everything one step at a time and stop letting everyone else get in the way of my happiness. It may sound bad to say, but sometimes before you can worry about other people's happiness you have to worry about your own.

So I am flipping the script, and putting it all in perspective. I will be happy, just watch me.