Be the change that your heart keeps on yearning for.

jolly
Be the change... This three word phrase is such a big and heavy word to process uttered by my boss. I am currently working in a government school here in the Philippines. I am a newbie here. I am not familiar with the system yet.
As days, weeks and months pass by, I am starting to see the real picture of the field I've chosen to serve. There are so many loopholes, flaws and imperfections that really demotivates me to become a better teacher.
There were teachers who are senior already, but their mind setting is way too young than me, some people in this field are embracing the idea of crab mentality, some only knows how to take advantage other people's kindness and many more.
I was sitting on my chair, facing my laptop while surfing the net. I was looking for a nice lesson to discuss to my students for the next quarter. I wanted to teach my students something that they have't heard for their entire life.
Some teachers would say that I am just overdoing my job, some would say that I should not exert more effort and some would just say "bahala na" or just let your students learn by themselves.
As I walk towards my home, I realized that my job is not tiring. It is not even stressful, but I am not at peace. I tried to meditate and think what wrong have I done for the whole day. I keep on thinking about the reasons of the guilt running on my mind.
After few minutes, God send me his wisdom. I realized that I should not listen to all the people around me. I should have my own principles and beliefs in life. I should not just imitate them. Because being the first doesn't make your right at all times.
Now, I am happily teaching my students with the best effort that I've got. I am giving my heart to them. No matter how hard it is for other people to accept the fact that teachers must exert great effort to produce great students, I still believe that few years from now, I will be able to produce great leaders of our country because I know deep down in my heart, I taught them the things that they should know. I helped them to become better citizens of this country. They may not become rich as Bill gates, but to see them stable with their lives is something I would cherish for the rest of my life.
To my co teachers who are reading my heart right now, let's not waste the opportunity to be the change of our Nation. Let us be united as we rekindle the burning desire to learn in our learner's heart. They may be naughty most of the time, but come on! That doesn't make them less perfect. :D
Be the change. I am the change. Everything starts from within. Every little change starts with you and Me.