Be The Change: And leave it unchanged

Zoraver
For society is always paving the way for science, finance etc. with the motive of 'betterment,' fooling all discerning into investing everything into them. These discerning aristocrats then further reward the multitude who are not as gulible to invest in the name of supposed betterment; with money. This is a further motive for even the thin remainder of thinkers and rationalists to invest their heart and soul into science, finance etc. A wise man once said, 'If everything in the world dies this moment, I will be a happy deadman, for there will be no grievances.' So the societies definition of betterment is therefore flawed. This is done inadvertently because of the supposed thinkers who framed society in the first place. Wrong philosophies did also encourage the thinkers. If one is still not convinced by the exactness of my theory then this simple example shall suffice. The question is not that if we had this exisiting thing would it be better or if we had this non existing thing would it be beter. The farmer did not know of cell phones, they just didn't exist. He didn't miss them. When they came into existence however caused problems the first of not owning one, the second, of the radiations left by the rays of the signals. Therefore in ignorance lies bliss as we are still happy without those 'necessities.' Yes cellphones have done more good than bad but that bad is trying to be fixed by further betterment, ehich will further have their flaws which will need fixing. They have just made the farmer happier. Being happy is a state of mind, there are no variables to happiness, so if the farmer was happy before he was just happy after that turmoil of cellphones.
Do further progresses in science really have a profound effect on OUR lives? Do we really need something we don't know exists? They call it evolution. Is it necessary? Is it dangerous to our survival and most importantly, are we just as happy otherwise?
So it's this continous passing down of wrong philosophical ideas which have clearly now, looking at our polluted, violent world have failed considerably. Interestingly, these wrong philosophies are also the most prevalent ones. It is in that uncertainty of right and wrong, did the people unconsciously frame our society. For thousands of years one has looked for something that would make our life better. In that almost greedy search for luxury we build, have we become materialists?
Will there ever be a time when we will say we are done and now is the rime to relax and be happy. Is the human race progressing at steep crescendo because of the motive of retirement days ahead?
"If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change. As man changes his own nature, so does the attitude of the world change towards him. We need not wait to see what others do."
Therefore, I think we should change our philosophy of change being the only constant and change ourselves for years to come.